ClumsyMonkey.net

Important reminder for ALL ourladypeace.net fanclub members!

This is for you, this is for us...

Important reminder for ALL ourladypeace.net fanclub members!

Postby faninor » 3/8/2006, 10:47 am

I no longer feel bad posting this.

For those of you who paid for a 1 year membership, please remember that after that 1 year is up ourladypeace.net will automatically charge your credit card again and extend your membership for another year. After that point you have 60 days to cancel your account or else they will not refund your money. If you feel like you have been promised things by this fanclub and then, well, didn't really get any of that, cancel your account at the end of one year instead of letting it automatically renew. Here's the link.

https://myaccount.ourladypeace.net/

The site has been up for nearly 6 months now. So for people who joined right away like I did, half your membership is now used. Below is a list of what that first half of the $25 or $35 membership fee got you.

key
[-] = accessible to non-members
[x] = accessible to members only
[ ] = promised in the membership details at signup, but not yet provided

This was promised to all paying members:
[x] Priority ticketing before the general public

If by priority ticketing, they mean we can't get the first 10 rows unless we pay 4-5 times the price of the ticket.

[x] Exclusive behind-the-scenes video
[-] Exclusive on-the-road video
[ ] Online chats with OLP band members
[-] Member-only limited edition merchandise offers

Again. If we buy a ticket to a show for 4-5 times its regular price.

[ ] Wallpapers
[ ] Buddy icons
[-] Exclusive galleries
[x] Fan interaction
[ ] Some surprises

This was promised to members who chose the $35 membership:
[ ] Welcome letter
[ ] Exclusive tour laminate and lanyard
[ ] Contests for VIP passes
[ ] Contests for opportunities to meet the band

Sorry, OLP and Stace. I'm still a fan and all that... I just don't think that what is being done on there is right. Stace's Gravity-era ourladypeace.net was more fun. Sure, with a free site like that you can't offer as much. But Stace always came through with everything she ever promised. And remember that little "OLP satellite" program during Gravity-era that could be downloaded for free from ourladypeace.com? If I remember correctly they gave out some free tickets to shows through that. So yeah, I'm also not seeing why this time around we have to pay to access a site where we then have to pay loads of money if we want to get a seat in the best sections. Even the presale last fall, everything was offered at the regular ticket prices.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006