ClumsyMonkey.net

My new outlook on Gravity

This is for you, this is for us...

Do You Gravity has grown on you and that you like it more then when you first heard it

No
100%

Total votes : 2

My new outlook on Gravity

Postby CODITH » 5/15/2002, 10:11 pm

When i first heard some of the songs of gravity i thought gravity was gonna suck. Be when i get more into it man theres some real good songs on the cd. I personally like All for you, made of steel, sorry, sell my soul, and not anough.

Man "All for You" kicks a$$ (lol the beat half way through it sounds like manson music-kinda freaked me out, but its awesome)

I think gravity is harder, the lyrics might not be like they once were but there music seems to be getting better.

And for you who havent heard it, it really isnt like an another olp cd, Its like a new face.
CODITH

Postby luckyJQ9 » 5/15/2002, 10:54 pm

When I first heard the album, I thought it was a little bland, but the more I listen, the more I can't get the lyrics out of my head. Recently I've been walking around just spontaniously singing, "Jack Kerouac...K-K-K-Kerouac..." or "I know..I know I've failed you...", that whole thing. I've even been asked a couple of times on the Kerouac one. One person was like, "why are you singing about that author?". I had to explain that it was in a song, and convince her that I wasn't obsessed with him, just can't get the lyric out of my head. So, I guess I'd call that having an album grow on you...
luckyJQ9

Postby Eelco » 5/16/2002, 4:47 am

At first I was a little disappointed with Gravity, because everyone said it was a lot harder and different, but I actually found it reasonably soft and mellow. But as you said it grew on me. I like the music of Gravity, lots of variety, All For You is a hard song, while Bring Back The Sun is pretty soft, but I love them both. OLP has made another step forwards. The lyrics are very catchy as well, I keep singing All For You, Sorry, Made of Steel, Bring Back The Sun, actually all songs.
Eelco

Postby CODITH » 5/16/2002, 7:20 am

For the people that said this album wasnt hard, man i have to say the opposite. Yes there are a few songs that arent but the rest kick ss i there own way. Its like each song is something different
CODITH

Postby Ray » 5/16/2002, 1:23 pm

"When I heard Led Zeppelin, I realized hard isn't loud... hard is an attitude." ~ Some Guy on VH1's Top 100 Hard Rock Bands countdown.

Ain't that the truth. :nod:
Ray

Postby Furious George » 5/16/2002, 7:30 pm

The feat accomplished with Gravity, is that all the songs are excellent (no ups and downs as you listen to the album).

Our Lady Peace has put out a SOLID rock album.
Furious George

Postby Endymion » 5/16/2002, 8:31 pm

OLPgeotomi wrote:The feat accomplished with Gravity, is that all the songs are excellent (no ups and downs as you listen to the album).

Our Lady Peace has put out a SOLID rock album.

Every Our Lady Peace album has done that.
::livejournal::

<font color="#CCFFCC">spent and sighing with a look in your eye
spent and sighing with a look on your face like

sweet revelation</font>
Endymion