ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP live!

This is for you, this is for us...

Should OLP release a live album in the future?

No, a live album would suck.
100%

Total votes : 8

Postby happening fish » 5/13/2002, 6:29 pm

but he wouldn't be changing his mind, just giving in to pressure. anyway, ken, PLEASE dun try to coerce him into anything. i trust raine to know what he's doing.
awkward is the new cool
[url]gutterhome.blogspot.com[/url]
happening fish
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby muskoka » 5/13/2002, 7:28 pm

did he tell you what about the album he didn't like? (sorry if im sounding really nosy....just too interested for my own good :mrgreen: )
"Tightly hold your hand
take a deep breath
give them the finger..." OMA

<Megan>
muskoka

Postby ken maida » 5/13/2002, 8:45 pm

well, first of all, I don't think I will convince him. I will however, let him know what you guys are saying. The only thing he didn't have when he made his desicion was a "fan perspective". I will tell him what you guys are saying, who knows, he might change his mind.

As for what he didn't like about Gravity, it was the lack of creative control. With Arnold, Raine could pretty much do what he wanted, cause Arnold liked a lot of his ideas.
Rock on the other hand, took a band with great potential and exploited it so they would become marketable. He made them put songs on the albulm that would be more "fan receptive".
He wants to make them approachable and more lighthearted than before (chorus of innocent is a good example). Raine didn't like being told how to make his music or what to do with his image, but he went along with it for the sake of the band. He didn't want to break up OLP, so the end result is a less than stellar OLP album.
ken maida

Postby plastic people » 5/13/2002, 9:13 pm

does raine want mike back?
do they want to go back to lanni?
has there been any talk about such movements?
ROCK ON!! and Our Lady Peace out!
plastic people

Postby ken maida » 5/13/2002, 9:17 pm

yes
yes
yes

There has been alot going on with this topic in OLP land. Raine sat down with Duncan and Jeremy yesterday to talk about just those things, I haven't heard from him yet, so it's anyone's guess what they talked about. Raine badly wants Mike back, that is why he stalled so long in announcing steve. Raine has also set up a meeting with a Sony VP soon to discuss gettin rid of Rock. Odds are that if he can get rid of Rock, MIke and Arnold will return, they are still all very good friends.
ken maida

Postby areusad831 » 5/13/2002, 9:30 pm

Ken are you gonna post those pictures of you with Raine so we definatley know you arent taking every member here on a ride? I am beginning to believe you so I hope you wouldnt take advantage of all us kind people. What will happen to Steve if Mike goes? That would be sad. They could have two gutarists. I think a live album would rock, I love Al's Live Singles so I guess the cd would be that with better quality.
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby ken maida » 5/13/2002, 9:40 pm

I dont' have the pictures here, Raine has them in Toronto. I won't get them back till he comes back west, and that will probally be in the summer. As soon as I get the book, I will put every single one I can up. I am being as honest as I can, I hate getting screwed around, so I can image how you guys felt. Don't worry, you'll get the pics soon! :)

Well, if Mike came back right now, Steve would definitley go. In a year though, Steve will probally stay on for rythym and lead on some songs (not starseed!!!). He is a good guitarist from what I hear, but Mike is probally top 5 in canada (gordie johnson, robbie baker, james cockburn and neil young are the others, in my opinion), there is no way he would can ever be replaced.
ken maida

Postby Frozen Man » 5/13/2002, 9:43 pm

Actually they weren't talking about getting rid of Bob Rock because their plan was always to only do 1 album with him. Bob was aware of this, as well was the band.

It is true that Raine was not satisfied with the entirety of the album, however, the rest of the band didn't have as much of a problem with it and as such they worked together, like a band would and (EQUALLY) decided to abide to the wishes of Columbia Records' requests. One thing Raine was looking into was to buying more time for post production for the album because the requests of Columbia were completely verbal and it was from no written contract or request that Columbia made these. However, once again they, along with Rock's influence decided to release the album earlier than wanted. It was a minor decision as OLP was delaying the announce of Steve as long as they could. How long were they planning to delay it? Right up until the announcement of the Somewhere Out There video shoot. OLP also wanted to wait another month before shooting this video, but the decision for this was completely out of their control because of the need of media promotion for the amount of radio play the song was getting.
Frozen Man

Postby ken maida » 5/13/2002, 9:50 pm

Raine told me he was delaying the announcement of Steve because he was hoping Mike would return. And as for the meeting Raine has set up, it's so he can get rid of Bob Rock NOW. He dosen't want him around at all anymore.

And yes, it is true that Raine was the only one who was really dissatisfied with Gravity. Jeremy (in his letters to my girlfriend) seemed really excited, Duncan was too.

God, isn't this album the biggest mess you've ever seen? I'm exhausted with all that's going on, and I;m not even in the band yet!!!!
ken maida

Postby Frozen Man » 5/13/2002, 10:53 pm

Well the announcement of Steve was technically because they had to do it at that time, everyone would have found out with the video shoot taking place anyway. They knew that the media needed info for the upcoming tour and festival dates, so they delayed it as much as possible. Raine knew Mike wouldn't be back for this album, but yes, they do remain friends.

As for Bob Rock, they aren't allowed to say that they are finished with him, but they have been completely done with Rock since the post production of Gravity. He's already gone.

If you like Bob Rock's producing, he's working on another project already, keep an eye and an ear out.
Frozen Man

Postby superrgirll » 5/13/2002, 10:55 pm

ken maida wrote:God, isn't this album the biggest mess you've ever seen? I'm exhausted with all that's going on, and I;m not even in the band yet!!!!

are you implying that you are going to be in the band?
-lori
she's a fool for the last living rock king
http://www.livejournal.com/~got_to_get_away/

HARDCORE!
superrgirll

Postby plastic people » 5/13/2002, 11:16 pm

um.... i dont mean to pry, but who is this frozen man all of a sudden, and where do you get your info?
plastic people

Postby curtman16 » 5/13/2002, 11:31 pm

Kid wrote::nod: yessum :nod:

:nod: that's a yessum :nod:
"If I found a hot woman to have sex with me, so can you!"
Supporting the Turnerists

*^ The ashtray says, you were up all night
When you went to bed, with your darkest mind
Your pillow wept, and covered your eyes
And you finally slept, while the sun caught fire ^*

HARDCORE!
curtman16

Postby areusad831 » 5/14/2002, 11:41 am

One OLP "insider" is enough but another one? there is no way I am believing frozen man :thumbs:
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby Endymion » 5/14/2002, 1:26 pm

superrgirll wrote:
ken maida wrote:God, isn't this album the biggest mess you've ever seen? I'm exhausted with all that's going on, and I;m not even in the band yet!!!!

are you implying that you are going to be in the band?

It sounds more and more to me like he's a fan with delusions of grandeur. Nobody who was really connected to the band would bother to come here and brag, and unless he's really related to Raine, it seems a little cheesy, even if he were genuinely his friend, to use his last name.

But whatever, we don't want to go there again, I suppose.
::livejournal::

<font color="#CCFFCC">spent and sighing with a look in your eye
spent and sighing with a look on your face like

sweet revelation</font>
Endymion

Postby plastic people » 5/14/2002, 1:42 pm

hey endymon, this is off topic, but have you heard the new Live remixes you can get over at www.friendsoflive.com ? they are pretty cool.

but yeah, we dont want to go down that road again, i just want to know who frozen man is... im not sayin i dont believe him/her.
plastic people

Postby ArlieKoz13 » 5/14/2002, 1:46 pm

...This is getting really strange. I'm not sure if I'm liking it....
Don't say we're healing when it's just not what we do...
ArlieKoz13

Postby Endymion » 5/14/2002, 2:44 pm

plastic people wrote:hey endymon, this is off topic, but have you heard the new Live remixes you can get over at www.friendsoflive.com ? they are pretty cool.

but yeah, we dont want to go down that road again, i just want to know who frozen man is... im not sayin i dont believe him/her.

No, I hadn't heard them.. they're pretty cool, I just listened to them. I like the Egyptian Dreams remix of Forever May Not Be Long Enough a lot. Thanks for the heads up.
::livejournal::

<font color="#CCFFCC">spent and sighing with a look in your eye
spent and sighing with a look on your face like

sweet revelation</font>
Endymion

Postby ken maida » 5/14/2002, 3:15 pm

Raine and I joke about me being in the band because I play guitar, but it is never going to happen, I can only really play about half of thier songs.
ken maida

Postby UltraViolet » 5/15/2002, 2:39 pm

Whether OLP *offically* release a Live Cd or not remains to be seen. Last year when they toured the states they taped alot of shows for a live cd, which I doubt will ever come out. Besides so many shows show up on the internet anyway.
Funny thing is I have 5 shows form last tour. 1 being the one that was taped for the record company. I love listening to it. it is awesome and since I was at teh show, reminds me of that night.
anyway I can't wait to see the boys again. I am addicted to teh live shows. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet