ClumsyMonkey.net

General OLP News

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: General OLP News

Postby OLPManiac » 12/26/2020, 11:55 am

OLPManiac wrote:Listening to it now....man if it sounds amazing....I guess they did some post production processing (some more experts pals maybe can confirm or say that I'm wrong here :D ) cause the performance was indeed good but I didn't remember that GOOD! Especially In Repair...always loved it acoustic...happy to see Are You Sad that in my video stream was cut!


Correcting myself here.... I was thinking that the EP was the JuJu performance ripped....instead it is a completely dedicated recording and you can literally feel it :)

I wonder if there are chances that we'll get also Side B in that way....for me would be definitely a good one also compared to the new release of SM 2 :D

I'm really in love with this recording!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"


-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: 1/9/2009, 1:35 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General OLP News

Postby Roe » 12/27/2020, 8:58 am

OLPManiac wrote:
OLPManiac wrote:Listening to it now....man if it sounds amazing....I guess they did some post production processing (some more experts pals maybe can confirm or say that I'm wrong here :D ) cause the performance was indeed good but I didn't remember that GOOD! Especially In Repair...always loved it acoustic...happy to see Are You Sad that in my video stream was cut!


Correcting myself here.... I was thinking that the EP was the JuJu performance ripped....instead it is a completely dedicated recording and you can literally feel it :)

I wonder if there are chances that we'll get also Side B in that way....for me would be definitely a good one also compared to the new release of SM 2 :D

I'm really in love with this recording!


I'd be on board if they did a Side B, would even buy side A again if they did a release of the whole thing. WAV files are 24/48 for anyone who was curious too.
Roe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 3/31/2012, 1:10 pm

Re: General OLP News

Postby auriel » 12/29/2020, 6:40 pm

Any chance someone would be willing to PM me the song(s) that were sent? Please? :)
auriel
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 3/26/2008, 10:49 pm

Re: General OLP News

Postby senseofurgency » 12/30/2020, 6:44 am

Same request here, a late xmas gift would be appreciated :D
senseofurgency
 
Posts: 224
Joined: 3/15/2002, 10:50 pm
Location: Here

Re: General OLP News

Postby DG » 1/12/2021, 3:36 pm

Didn't hear about the email until today, went looking for it and I can't find anything. Bummer. Did it come from a JuJu email or something else?
User avatar
DG
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: 1/4/2009, 1:42 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: General OLP News

Postby Roe » 1/12/2021, 9:34 pm

DG wrote:Didn't hear about the email until today, went looking for it and I can't find anything. Bummer. Did it come from a JuJu email or something else?


Email was from olp@coalitionmusic.com

I just checked the link and it's still good so if you can find the email you're all set. It was sent on 12/22 if that helps
Roe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 3/31/2012, 1:10 pm

Re: General OLP News

Postby OLPManiac » 2/1/2021, 12:28 pm

Apparently the performance will be released on YouTube in the next weeks....they teased "FULL" and everyone wondered and asked to the band if the entire album was done in that way but no reply so far...

I'm really willing to pay for it....the quality is sky high and I'm in complete love with it...the entire album would be amazing!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"


-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: 1/9/2009, 1:35 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General OLP News

Postby Flynner » 2/1/2021, 7:12 pm

I wish there would be some news on SMII....got fooled by OLP/Raine timeline once again. Single was supposed to be out near Xmas then early new year lol
Image
User avatar
Flynner
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: 2/12/2009, 3:09 am
Location: Gosport/Mississauga On, Canada

Re: General OLP News

Postby Roe » 2/3/2021, 9:34 am

Flynner wrote:I wish there would be some news on SMII....got fooled by OLP/Raine timeline once again. Single was supposed to be out near Xmas then early new year lol


I did too. You'd think that any of the past releases and "they're coming soon" would have taught me by now but nope. Still waiting for the US release of the Moon vs. Sun stuff.

But activity is good so hopefully the acoustic releases are meant to be building some hype.
Roe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 3/31/2012, 1:10 pm

Re: General OLP News

Postby xjsb125 » 2/3/2021, 10:28 am

Short clip of Future Disease is up now on OLP's Facebook page.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
Image
User avatar
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: 5/8/2003, 11:28 pm
Location: Bristol, VA

Re: General OLP News

Postby Flynner » 2/3/2021, 10:59 am

I don't see it on their FB page but I did see Raine posted on his Twitter and Instagram.
Image
User avatar
Flynner
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: 2/12/2009, 3:09 am
Location: Gosport/Mississauga On, Canada

Re: General OLP News

Postby xjsb125 » 2/3/2021, 11:45 am

Hmm, yeah it's on Raine's FB, not OLP's.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
Image
User avatar
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: 5/8/2003, 11:28 pm
Location: Bristol, VA

Re: General OLP News

Postby Driven » 2/3/2021, 6:57 pm

Similarities to cyr by the smashing pumpkins. I’m not normally one to knock Raine’s voice, but i do not think it goes well with the music here. The bits we’ve heard from SMII have been very underwhelming to me.
Driven
 
Posts: 318
Joined: 12/5/2003, 6:35 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: General OLP News

Postby OLPManiac » 2/4/2021, 8:44 am

I believe that us as fans have high expectations cause we loved SM....luckily I'm not on that ballpark, I know it will be something new and with probably another new style (as band is doing since the beginning of their career).... I'm more excited for the entire SM in acoustic style if it'll ever come up :D
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"


-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: 1/9/2009, 1:35 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General OLP News

Postby Flynner » 2/5/2021, 11:21 am

Driven wrote:Similarities to cyr by the smashing pumpkins. I’m not normally one to knock Raine’s voice, but i do not think it goes well with the music here. The bits we’ve heard from SMII have been very underwhelming to me.


I disagree, did you hear "good die young" ? Definitely a new style but reminiscent of SM for sure, Raines voice sounded great in that, "holes" to me sounds very interesting as well. I hope they have some hard rock songs like "everyone's a junky" though which I have some doubts but we'll see
Image
User avatar
Flynner
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: 2/12/2009, 3:09 am
Location: Gosport/Mississauga On, Canada

Re: General OLP News

Postby OLEA » 2/6/2021, 2:33 am

Flynner wrote:
Driven wrote:Similarities to cyr by the smashing pumpkins. I’m not normally one to knock Raine’s voice, but i do not think it goes well with the music here. The bits we’ve heard from SMII have been very underwhelming to me.


I disagree, did you hear "good die young" ? Definitely a new style but reminiscent of SM for sure, Raines voice sounded great in that, "holes" to me sounds very interesting as well. I hope they have some hard rock songs like "everyone's a junky" though which I have some doubts but we'll see


Hello, how can I hear "Good die young"? I'm so intrigued by the way you describe It.
OLEA
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 8/21/2013, 1:19 am

Re: General OLP News

Postby Flynner » 2/6/2021, 8:19 pm

OLEA wrote:
Flynner wrote:
Driven wrote:Similarities to cyr by the smashing pumpkins. I’m not normally one to knock Raine’s voice, but i do not think it goes well with the music here. The bits we’ve heard from SMII have been very underwhelming to me.


I disagree, did you hear "good die young" ? Definitely a new style but reminiscent of SM for sure, Raines voice sounded great in that, "holes" to me sounds very interesting as well. I hope they have some hard rock songs like "everyone's a junky" though which I have some doubts but we'll see


Hello, how can I hear "Good die young"? I'm so intrigued by the way you describe It.


Sent you a message
Image
User avatar
Flynner
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: 2/12/2009, 3:09 am
Location: Gosport/Mississauga On, Canada

Re: General OLP News

Postby Roe » 3/2/2021, 9:30 pm

Curious what everyone thinks about the NFT deal that Raine keeps posting about. I've looked a little bit and am not quite sure what to make of it. I think it's a safe bet that somehow the release of SMII will have some NFT aspects but I'm not quite sure how all that would work. The "days away" announcement is promising though. Finally getting Moon vs. Sun in the States too so things are looking up.
Roe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 3/31/2012, 1:10 pm

Re: General OLP News

Postby myownsatellite » 3/3/2021, 9:22 am

Roe wrote:Curious what everyone thinks about the NFT deal that Raine keeps posting about. I've looked a little bit and am not quite sure what to make of it. I think it's a safe bet that somehow the release of SMII will have some NFT aspects but I'm not quite sure how all that would work. The "days away" announcement is promising though. Finally getting Moon vs. Sun in the States too so things are looking up.


TBH I don't understand what an NFT even is. I read the explanation on the S!NG website, but it doesn't make any sense to me. :Johnathan:
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer
Image

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
User avatar
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 5033
Joined: 10/20/2005, 9:20 pm
Location: MA, USA

Re: General OLP News

Postby xjsb125 » 3/3/2021, 11:11 am

It sounds like a massive over-complication of the delivery of music. I'd be interested to see the statistical research that went into the thought process behind this, specifically in the OLP fanbase. I mean, is it a viable income generator for a fanbase that is made up of mostly people in their 30's to late 40's? I just read all the techy shit behind it and I still don't get it. Furthermore, there is no Android support right now, and who knows when there will be? I don't think there was a lot of well placed thought into jumping in that boat to row. Give me a viable, for everyone, option to stream it, download it, or buy a physical copy, anywhere in the world on Windows, Mac, iPhone, or Android; link me up a website for merch; and give me some concert dates (virtual or in-person). Non-tangible internet trinkets to keep in a virtual wallet is a bit ridiculous to me. There would have to be some heavy duty salesmanship to get me in that, or even help me to understand why I need them as a fan.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
Image
User avatar
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: 5/8/2003, 11:28 pm
Location: Bristol, VA

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 6 hours • PHPBB Powered

Serving Our Lady Peace fans since 2002. Oskar Twitch thanks you for tasting the monkey brains.