ClumsyMonkey.net

Farewell, Jeremy!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Farewell, Jeremy!

Postby faninor » 4/19/2018, 10:44 am

I've not really payed attention to Twitter at all in years, but the tweet about how his drum parts can't possibly be that hard sound more like he's annoyed at the fans who say they miss him being with the band, and not necessarily a jab at Jason. The other tweets posted above are pretty tactless. Overall, seems to me like he's not too happy that so many years after leaving the band he still hears about it from fans on a daily basis. Maybe he just needs a nice long break from social media, I dunno.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby carleiu » 4/21/2018, 11:35 am

faninor wrote:I've not really payed attention to Twitter at all in years, but the tweet about how his drum parts can't possibly be that hard sound more like he's annoyed at the fans who say they miss him being with the band, and not necessarily a jab at Jason. The other tweets posted above are pretty tactless. Overall, seems to me like he's not too happy that so many years after leaving the band he still hears about it from fans on a daily basis. Maybe he just needs a nice long break from social media, I dunno.

I think he needs to stop being such a narcissist and appreciate that the fans he likes to shit all over nowadays are the very people who gave him the fame and comfort that he enjoys every day, allowing him to live a life of luxury and having fun while getting paid for it.

If anything at all, he needs a break from being up on his pedestal of self-importance for a little while.

It's not that he owes anyone anything in particular as far as going the extra distance, but making an extra effort to criticize, attack, and outright mock his fanbase is beyond shitty and just goes to show what kind of a human being he truly is.
carleiu

Postby A2K » 7/5/2018, 4:49 pm

These two are especially salty:

https://twitter.com/Taggart7/status/672 ... 89504?s=19

https://twitter.com/Taggart7/status/859 ... 44513?s=19

I love OLP now and then. I do hate to see this kind of stuff, but I'm not going to judge the guy. A good friend of mines Mom once told me "you have to love someone before you can truly hate them" and those words really stuck with me, and I think might apply here. There are hurt feelings and hurt people often respond emotionally, I don't think he's a bad guy.

As a fan it's hard to reconcile, I've met Raine twice and he's such a down to earth sweetheart, who went out of his way to chat and take photos, if he's really this bad he's got mad PR skills.
A2K

Postby ivewaited » 12/27/2018, 2:36 am

DAMN.
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby ShatsBassoon » 5/16/2019, 8:21 pm

Taggarts twitter is a disaster. He goes on about being better, being a bahd and canadianity etc. Then every other tweet after that is shitting on everybody else.

Bitter little man.
ShatsBassoon

Postby Long Jonny » 6/16/2019, 4:39 pm

Just in case you’re wondering, Taggart is still bitter.

https://twitter.com/taggart7/status/113 ... 88517?s=21

Wow, it’s been 5 years and he still loses sleep over it. I feel sorry for the guy. It’s too bad he can’t find the strength to move on.
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby OLPManiac » 6/17/2019, 3:54 pm

Long Jonny wrote:Just in case you’re wondering, Taggart is still bitter.

Wow, it’s been 5 years and he still loses sleep over it. I feel sorry for the guy. It’s too bad he can’t find the strength to move on.

I feel sorry for him and the losses that he had in the past few months, but honestly it seems that the split was definitely not "amicable" like they tried to tell to the press....at this point I believe that the band (or at least the frontman :) ) wanted him out, but well who knows
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby xjsb125 » 6/18/2019, 9:38 am

I think it's very clear there must have been an issue between Jeremy and Raine. Duncan's and Steve both speak well of Jeremy, and still interact with him online. I'm not sure what issue Jeremy may have with Jason, but it's clear that he has an issue with Raine. Ultimately I wish both sides would share their story and just rip the band-aid off. I think Twitter posts like that are passive aggressive and in poor taste. I still think highly of Jeremy, because he always treated me well and made me feel welcome at soundcheck or backstage after shows. I'm disappointed that this is how things are handled and have to be.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby johnpeterson » 8/16/2019, 1:02 pm

Can you explain his tweet? What does it mean, I don't get it...
johnpeterson

Postby A2K » 9/9/2019, 10:30 pm

johnpeterson wrote:

Can you explain his tweet? What does it mean, I don't get it...

He's implying that Raine is a Lakers fan, and only posing as a Raptors fan...It'd be little funny if it wasn't so sad.
A2K

Postby titanMAX » 9/10/2019, 3:51 pm

It's so so petty. I also feel like in my experience, besides baseball hats, basketball jerseys are the most common sports clothing people will wear regardless if it's their favorite team.
titanMAX

Postby ShatsBassoon » 10/8/2020, 6:01 pm

ShatsBassoon

Postby carleiu » 10/8/2020, 11:31 pm

ShatsBassoon wrote:Olive branch or more bitterness?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Taggart7/status/1314071803330007040

I'd assume more bitterness. I used to like Jeremy, but after so many years of him doing stuff so publicly it just makes me think he's a conflict-seeking person with an affinity for attention-whoring.

There was an interview from way back when, a few years after Mike had left the band, and in the interview Jeremy referred to Mike in a disparaging/dismissive way that also knocked his guitar abilities. In the quote, Jeremy referred to Mike as "that last guy we had." This was probably like 2003-2004. As if in a few short years, after playing with Mike on five albums, he couldn't even remember his name. It struck me as unnecessarily petty and passive-aggressive against a guy who never publicly ridiculed his former bandmates and was always friendly and fully committed to the fanbase (and still is in a lot of ways).

It makes me suspect that Jeremy is just a difficult and toxic person. Raine has never taken a single dig at Jeremy, but here we are, six years later, and Jeremy is still taking shots in publicly cryptic ways, just to keep the fans wondering, "What's that all about?" It's very juvenile, and it reminds me of a person who's still bashing their ex twenty years after a breakup while claiming to be "over it."
carleiu

Postby xjsb125 » 10/9/2020, 2:13 pm

Interesting to note that Mike and Jeremy, and Raine and Mike are all on good terms with each other. I hope that someday they are able to clear up whatever differences they have.
xjsb125

Postby ShatsBassoon » 1/16/2021, 4:14 pm

Jeremy is getting roasted on twitter right now.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Taggart7/status/1350180121303523329
Serves him right imo. He does more than his share of chirping.
ShatsBassoon

Postby xjsb125 » 1/16/2021, 5:47 pm

Ouch. Politics and religion are nuclear hot button topics online. I learned that here in the early days of the CM. I'm sure he doesn't care, but the responses to him lack maturity. Had he just reported the tweet and made no mention of it in his tweet, there wouldn't be half the backlash there.
xjsb125

Postby myownsatellite » 1/17/2021, 9:49 am

I had to unfollow him. Just can't take the nastiness anymore.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby carleiu » 1/17/2021, 5:09 pm

myownsatellite wrote:I had to unfollow him. Just can't take the nastiness anymore.

He really comes across as a bipolar/alcoholic type, very narcissistic (and yes, I'm sure a lot of famous musicians are), and he just can't let things go. Very bitter.

For a guy whose career was made by a couple older musicians giving a kid such a big break at such a young age, he certainly has quite the grudge against his former bandmates. It reminds me of people who have to talk shit after a breakup for no good reason. Just let bygones be bygones. The rest of the band isn't badmouthing him, so he should just shut up and grow up.

I used to like him, but now I can't stand him and am glad he's gone.
carleiu

Postby ShatsBassoon » 1/17/2021, 9:10 pm

carleiu wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:I had to unfollow him. Just can't take the nastiness anymore.

He really comes across as a bipolar/alcoholic type, very narcissistic (and yes, I'm sure a lot of famous musicians are), and he just can't let things go. Very bitter.

For a guy whose career was made by a couple older musicians giving a kid such a big break at such a young age, he certainly has quite the grudge against his former bandmates. It reminds me of people who have to talk shit after a breakup for no good reason. Just let bygones be bygones. The rest of the band isn't badmouthing him, so he should just shut up and grow up.

I feel the same way. He seems to be really two faced. He will preach about canadianity and humbleness, and then insult other artists and brag about how great he was.

He blocked me a couple years ago because I asked why he talked so much s#!+ about the band, when he said it was an amicable departure. He went off about me having a broken heart and blocked me.
ShatsBassoon

Postby carleiu » 1/17/2021, 10:14 pm

ShatsBassoon wrote:
carleiu wrote:

I feel the same way. He seems to be really two faced. He will preach about canadianity and humbleness, and then insult other artists and brag about how great he was.

He blocked me a couple years ago because I asked why he talked so much s#!+ about the band, when he said it was an amicable departure. He went off about me having a broken heart and blocked me.

It's that kind of thing that has me convinced that he lacks humbleness and doesn't appreciate how his very public insults could tarnish how people perceive the band and his legacy within it.

It's like he's a much-less entertaining version of a Gallagher brother or something.
carleiu

PreviousNext