ClumsyMonkey.net

New post-Somethingness music in the works

This is for you, this is for us...

New post-Somethingness music in the works

Postby Tinman » 6/30/2018, 7:17 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BknY3TXAg8J/?taken-by=ourladypeace

A little shocked, but they say they're working on new music. Wasn't expecting anything so soon after Somethingness, but they specifically address wanting to put out content a little quicker than 2-5 years from it's release.
Tinman

Re: New post-Somethingness music in the works

Postby A2K » 7/4/2018, 11:43 pm

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, we need to take these words with a big ole' box of Windsor salt. OLP has had ridiculously soft release dates. Every release since HIPT has been pushed back a lot. And I get it, they have a tremendous body of work to live up to, and it's hard. But honestly I'd bet my house we won't see new material released sooner that 2021.
A2K

Postby myownsatellite » 7/5/2018, 7:40 pm

This last album release was a disaster IMO. Zero marketing, not being ready on time, a lot of pushing back of dates... I'm not sure we'll actually see another release from them. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they keep putting out music, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby xjsb125 » 7/5/2018, 9:20 pm

I think they will continue to release music, but I think 2021 is a damn good guess.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Tinman » 7/6/2018, 7:33 am

myownsatellite wrote:This last album release was a disaster IMO.

I don't know that I'd call it that. It felt like the band didn't really care about promoting it. That's only a disaster if your goal is to be heard by as many people as possible. If you're setting out to just write music and let come what may, then I guess they did just fine. I'm not really sure what they were setting out to do with Somethingness.
Tinman