ClumsyMonkey.net

The official CM support group thread

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby robcore » 8/6/2003, 8:43 pm

I used to be a little partying guy then got sick of the lifestyle. Now all the popular friends i've abandoned hate me. But i have a close circle that i really like, and we don't get drunk or party. I like that :)
Don't ask questions, just accept it.
robcore

Postby thirdhour » 8/6/2003, 8:58 pm

I don't like parties, because I just don't know how to just relax and have a good time, I guess. I'm just really uncomfortable with people I don't know really well in general. I try to say funny stuff, and it just comes out sounding stupid, except with a few close friends I am really close to. I'm not that online at, pretty outgoing actually...
thirdhour
Oskar Winner: 2004
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby its4am_isanybodyhome » 8/6/2003, 9:09 pm

^thats just like me
-Jillian
member of the pokémon league
i wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along
when you are with me i'm free
that hazy moon will be ash in the wind real soon
its4am_isanybodyhome

Postby superboots » 8/6/2003, 9:30 pm

carnival_7 wrote:
OLPMazurite wrote:i don't mind drinking
i just feel uncomfortable around lots of really drunk people
and i don't like parties because i end up sitting by myself, which makes me really sad

I'm the same way. I'm not good with big groups of people who I don't know, so I avoid parties cause I always feel like I don't belong. The last party I went to I felt like crying the whole time and left early. And I really dislike being in a room full of drunks. I hardly ever drink so I feel really uncomfortable.

me too
that is what happened to me the last 2 times i went to a party
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby its4am_isanybodyhome » 8/6/2003, 9:38 pm

the last time i spilled my guts onto a cm thread, some people were reeeeeeeeeally nice and very supportive ...but others were downright nasty. *shrugs* oh well.
-Jillian
member of the pokémon league
i wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along
when you are with me i'm free
that hazy moon will be ash in the wind real soon
its4am_isanybodyhome

Postby Henrietta » 8/6/2003, 9:42 pm

I love my friends. They don't do any of that shit, but then sometimes I dislike them cause they don't do anything fun. We need to all get drunk.

haha, I'm jk. They'd never do that.
Henrietta

Postby megxyz128 » 8/6/2003, 9:43 pm

i'm really sad because i'm destined to become a fucking bum because my mom doesn't know the meaning of 'save money for college'

everytime i tell her where i want to go, i'm shot down, everytime i tell her what i want to do, i'm shot down because the schooling would cost too much, yet she still has money to buy herself and my sister a new fucking car and new computers and other useless shit.
- megan.
megxyz128

Postby Joey » 8/6/2003, 9:49 pm

hell .. I hated being in that hotel room after the acc show :neutral:

too many people I didn't know ..

and buttons in the elevator? I remember running down the stairs, don't think I took the elevator
Joey

Postby Candy-coated Fake » 8/6/2003, 9:49 pm

Axtech wrote:I also don't like being around people a lot either. As I've said in other threads, I'm an avoidant introvert. The only way I really come out of my shell is with a small group of friends and online.

Me too. :nod:

Jillian, you can talk to us. I'd love to help you, and anyone else for that matter. :)
Candy-coated Fake

Postby Dr. Hobo » 8/6/2003, 9:53 pm

Joey wrote:hell .. I hated being in that hotel room after the acc show :neutral:

too many people I didn't know ..

and buttons in the elevator? I remember running down the stairs, don't think I took the elevator

thats why we took the elevator
someone pushed all the buttons :lol:
so i said "i'll see you guys downstairs"
(i felt like running)
and i did
and then everyone followed me!
all i remember from the stairs is kruno saying something along the lines of "sand.. slow down.. i cant keep up"
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Clumsy7Thief » 8/6/2003, 9:54 pm

Axtech wrote:I also don't like being around people a lot either. As I've said in other threads, I'm an avoidant introvert. The only way I really come out of my shell is with a small group of friends and online.

That is exactly like me. I'm really quiet and shy around people I dont know or a lot of ppl but when I'm with friends or online i can be sooo hyper and outgoing.

megxyz128 wrote:everytime i tell her where i want to go, i'm shot down, everytime i tell her what i want to do, i'm shot down because the schooling would cost too much, yet she still has money to buy herself and my sister a new fucking car and new computers and other useless shit.

Awww that really sucks. Maybe you should try talking to your mom about all of this. Tell her that she needs to save more money for you and your future. And tell her anytime that she shuts you down, what she's doing cuz she might be completely oblivious to the fact that she's hurting you. Also, maybe start saving some money of your own (from a job or w/e) just so you dont have completely nothing.

Hope i could help a little. :)

And I'm here if anyone else wans help. I like helping. :nod:
~Emily

[glow=#6400ff]"Are you going to the grave with unlived lives in your veins?[/glow]
[glow=#0000ff] "I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to." [/glow]
Clumsy7Thief

Postby megxyz128 » 8/6/2003, 9:59 pm

yeah, i'm doing the whole job thing. i started a little late in the game though because i'm a senior, ah well. and my mom's not one of those what you'd call 'nice' moms, she really doesn't have emotions, so that wouldn't work. but, i'm determined to not be a bum so it should all work out in the end, even if it means student loans for the rest of my life, lol.
- megan.
megxyz128

Postby Clumsy7Thief » 8/6/2003, 10:04 pm

Ugh. I hate it when people have no emotions. But you never know, maybe if she sees that one of her daughters really wants something and has good reasoning behind it, she might have a change of heart. And if she doesnt change, well at least you tried. Its good that your determined not to be a bum, so you should be fine. Just try to keep a positive attitude. :)
~Emily

[glow=#6400ff]"Are you going to the grave with unlived lives in your veins?[/glow]
[glow=#0000ff] "I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to." [/glow]
Clumsy7Thief

Postby Henrietta » 8/6/2003, 10:15 pm

Try to get really good grades and get a scholarship.
Henrietta

Postby Clumsy7Thief » 8/6/2003, 10:18 pm

^Yes. Scholarships are great. :nod:
~Emily

Clumsy7Thief

Postby nelison » 8/6/2003, 10:19 pm

I'm also an introvert. I'm only really open with my best friends. I have a group of 5 or 6 people that I'd much rather be with than 20 drunken aquaintences. I'm also lucky because my greatest friend is also my girlfriend, so really I don't need to go out and get drunk with people since I'd much rather enjoy spending a night watching tv with her.
I think the key is that you don't need to worry about fitting in. I've found that it's much better to be with a couple people that you really really enjoy being with rather than hundreds you can somewhat stand.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Henrietta » 8/6/2003, 10:20 pm

Exactly...when you worry about that shit it's worse. As sson as I stopped caring I made my best friends. My best friend MADE me join their group, and I didn't want to for about a year I was such an introvert. And I hated everyone and blah blah blah. Thank God for her....sigh...tear to my eye.
Henrietta

Postby Joey » 8/6/2003, 10:20 pm

I'm lucky if I have 1 person I can stand being around :lol:

:(
Joey

Postby Henrietta » 8/6/2003, 10:27 pm

That is exactly why my friends are so amazing. I'm normally very...let's say...irritated. Hehe.
Henrietta

Postby nelison » 8/6/2003, 10:30 pm

Do you have any hobbies or anything that you really enjoy doing? Cause there may be a club or a group of people in your town/school/church/etc filled with people who have the same interest. At least that's a platform for making friends. I've found that it works really well.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison

PreviousNext