ClumsyMonkey.net

What do you do?

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby faninor » 8/27/2010, 12:23 pm

Well the resume seems to be working because I've already been contacted by a few companies (not things I applied to either).
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Carson79 » 10/15/2010, 11:49 am

The biggest PITA in my office has officially decided to retire!! yippy!

So no complaining here, except now I have to learn her job and do on top of mine while they find a replacement.
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Dr. Hobo » 10/17/2010, 6:16 am

mmmmm pitas :drool:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 11/19/2010, 4:44 pm

i need to complain! so, my store manager told me i was being mean today cause i actually didnt agree with something she wanted to do! cause unlike everyone else there, i don't suck up to her and just smile and nod to everything she wants to do that i think is idiotic! it's called having a backbone! not being mean! grrr.
xoNoDoubt69

Postby faninor » 11/19/2010, 5:33 pm

Boo!

I get to be pretty honest at work, most of the time, without consequence.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby faninor » 12/6/2010, 12:18 pm

13 more days of work and I'm out of this place unless my employer negotiates a new type of agreement with this client.

Either way, I cleared out my cubicle 13 months ago. :dance:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 12/6/2010, 4:27 pm

did kym find you a new job yet??
xoNoDoubt69

Postby faninor » 12/6/2010, 5:13 pm

I'm working on some options!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 12/6/2010, 7:31 pm

I help new hires with their paperwork and the amount of complaining and general not-listening that goes on amazes me. If they spent as much time filling out their paperwork as they did complaining about filling out paperwork and not listening to me as I explain the paperwork, it would take half the time. SO SICK of people not listening to me! And most of the people I do paperwork with make a crapload more money than me! GRR
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Shanae » 12/7/2010, 9:39 pm

I got a job a month or so ago. I work for a local insurance company as basically the office bitch -- I file, do little tasks, etc etc, and I love it! I never work past five, I can still do my sports and stuff, and they're good people at work. Love it!
Shanae

Postby Kicker774 » 12/8/2010, 6:10 pm

All jobs are good the first month.
They wait until you've been there 47 days until they being to demoralize you.

Canadas laws may be a little more lax though.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby myownsatellite » 12/8/2010, 8:23 pm

I actually had this conversation on Monday with a new hire:

New Hire: "What time do you leave today?"
Me: "I'm here until 5 [it was 3:45], but if you aren't done with the paperwork I will stay later."
New Hire: "Ok, because I would actually like to get out of here on time today."

Then STFU and stop having a chat party in the room with the other new hires and fill out your damn paperwork!!!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby kyks17 » 12/12/2010, 1:38 am

I'm late to the party, but figured I'll contribute.

I'm a programmer/analyst for the same company as Josh. Basically I write software, when I'm not bogged down by politics, documentation, and idiot coworkers. I'm curious that most of you seem to only have issues with your managers. I have issues with my manager, senior manager, other managers, AND plain ol' coworkers. And I'm not the only one like that at my job, so it's not just me being a bitch haha! Remember those people too lazy to deploy their own software into production that Josh mentioned in his first post? That would be me.

Had I written this at the time of the 1st post, I would be saying:
I just got transferred off the team I had been on for over a year, with nary a notice. I found out about 10 days after the transfer supposedly took place. Managers pretended not to know and didn't tell me. I found out from an org chart. Let's see how my new team pans out.

Since I'm actually writing this in the present, I say:
I just got transferred off the team I went to after I got transferred off the team I had been on for over a year. Oh, and I was transferred BACK to that team I had been on for over a year. How my new team had panned out (the one I just left)? Horrible. Hours were more sensible, but terrible, terrible coworkers. Their idea of training me was telling me to go look at the code. And I had to wait 4 days for them to have enough free time to tell me that 1 sentence. THANKS GUYS. Oh, and I also served a nice scapegoat if something went wrong or wasn't done in time. Despite my not knowing what they were even talking about more than half the time.

We have a saying in my department: "So-and-so is a moron. Must be a Senior PA" (senior programmer/analyst, aka my next promotion). Truly we reserve the positions of power and money for the most idiotic. You really should meet my senior manager. I managed to get into a fight with her with the first sentence I ever said to her when we first met. A sentence that inquired what school she was looking at for her children in LA, where I'm from and thus know the schools. Yeah. I don't know either.

I'm getting kind of specific here I suppose. But basically, everyone sucks, whoever said earlier that the person who does well is rewarded with more work, was dead on. Meanwhile we promote the morons. Nobody trusts me to make any of the decisions, even when I have a lot of input to contribute. They won't even listen. Nobody trusts me to write code without supervision, despite the fact that the code I write has the lowest % of bugs found, AND the fact that I end up coding the bug fixes for everyone else's code. Sometimes I can't even believe the things that occur.

Of course the reason I'm still here is the money. Unlike Josh, I am not a contractor here, and they have golden handcuffs on their "associates" (the non-contractors, the "good" ones). We have amazing benefits. I am the lowest paid on my team and probably will be until we hire anyone new, but I can't complain about the pay I do receive. And with Josh leaving in 2 weeks, I don't want to risk anything. But I spend most of my day pissed off, and unfortunately I do have the tendency to take my work home with me.
<a href="http://www.chairpage.com">You don't know the truth and I love your life</a>

Yeah Hub!!

I <3 my Joshy! Josh #1!!
kyks17

Postby faninor » 12/12/2010, 5:04 pm

kyks17 wrote:I'm late to the party, but figured I'll contribute.

I'm a programmer/analyst for the same company as Josh. Basically I write software, when I'm not bogged down by politics, documentation, and idiot coworkers. I'm curious that most of you seem to only have issues with your managers. I have issues with my manager, senior manager, other managers, AND plain ol' coworkers. And I'm not the only one like that at my job, so it's not just me being a bitch haha! Remember those people too lazy to deploy their own software into production that Josh mentioned in his first post? That would be me.

I was talking about the idiot coworkers you mentioned! :no:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby faninor » 12/17/2010, 4:39 pm

3 more days! Or at least 3 more days unless they tell me otherwise. :wall:

Fortunately I'm pessimistic (or optimistic? hard to say) about things turning out as expected here, so I had already requested/been approved for vacation time that extended beyond the end date on my contract.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 12/18/2010, 5:08 pm

i wish i could say 3 more days!!
xoNoDoubt69

Postby kyks17 » 12/18/2010, 7:36 pm

No you don't. We're saying goodbye to half our income. It's better when you can say 3 more days and move on to a new, hopefully better job that you already have lined up.
<a href="http://www.chairpage.com">You don't know the truth and I love your life</a>

Yeah Hub!!

I <3 my Joshy! Josh #1!!
kyks17

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 1/23/2011, 11:58 pm

starting, 2nd week in feb i'm getting moved to another dept away from my lazy and annoying boss! i am so excited to finally get away from her!
xoNoDoubt69

Postby kyks17 » 1/24/2011, 12:15 am

josh got to keep his job :) my own job drama continues

Yeah Hub!!

I <3 my Joshy! Josh #1!!
kyks17

Postby DG » 2/19/2011, 5:18 pm

To someone who is more familiar with us labor laws, can a 18 year old high school student be an assistant manager when the job involves being at work on certain days at 5am and on other days passed 11pm? Cause that is what happened at my job without the other senior employees being offered the job. I'm not taking orders from someone in high school. I need a new job. And if I find something illegal with the age of this person, I'm sending it to the labor department.
DG

PreviousNext