ClumsyMonkey.net

My Problem

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

My Problem

Postby m2 » 9/10/2009, 2:43 pm

Here's my- i mean uhhh someone's problem.

Girl and guy become friends

Girl and guy are friends for 3 years

Girl and guy start going out

Girl and guy return to school

People are shocked they're dating

Ex- boyfriend gets jealous and plans to ask girl out

Guy thought this ex-boyfriend was his friend

Ex gets back up that she'll still say yes

Guy gets discouraged

Guy hears rumors that she said yes

Guy breaks up with girl via IM

Guy finds out she actually said no

Guy feels like an idiot and wants to apologize

Girl is still mad

What should this "guy" do?
m2

Postby Carson79 » 9/10/2009, 2:58 pm

At the risk of sounding old...the first problem was breaking up via IM...

I suggest having an honest conversation with the girl - saying "Geez, I'm a idiot and now realize that maybe I should of talked to you first" will go a long way.

Face to face conversation people!!!

**I now will go back to texting my sister... :oops:
Carson79

Postby AnnieDreams » 9/10/2009, 4:37 pm

Tell her you're an idiot and hope she forgives you?
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Postby m2 » 9/10/2009, 4:47 pm

Well, that failed miserably.
m2

Postby Random Name » 9/10/2009, 6:22 pm

You're still in school. Treat her like crap and she'll come crawling back.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby MindsOnLoan » 9/10/2009, 6:51 pm

Tell her "Bitch, you'll forgive me and like it."
MindsOnLoan

Postby Jamie_M » 9/10/2009, 6:58 pm

Random Name wrote:You're still in school. Treat her like crap and she'll come crawling back.

Careful... that depends on the girl and how self-confident and mature she is...
Jamie_M

Postby Random Name » 9/10/2009, 7:12 pm

Can a 16 year old even remotely resemble someone who is mature and confident?
But really, it also depends on sarcasm detection. :)

In all seriousness, what you've done from her perspective is become more and more distant, then you broke up with her, then you said "hey sorry" so can you really be surprised that she didn't take you back? Try backing off for a while. Try talking to her as a friend again. Don't beg and plead, just realize that you screwed around with her a bit and didn't trust her and because of that you are going to have to earn her back. And that's going to take some time and won't be fixed instantly.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name

Postby xjsb125 » 9/10/2009, 7:17 pm

It's high school. Treat em like shit will win every time until they are 22.

Also, it's high school. Who really cares. Dumping someone via anything but face to face is a total fail and gets you -10 points on a man card that you don't yet have. Don't worry about keeping the same girl all through high school. Play the field. Go out on dates, don't worry about dating anyone steady. You'll just frustrate yourself. Take out the girls that others might pass up on. Sure we all wanted to date the smoking hot girl with the perky 36D's, rock hard stomach, and ass that you could bounce a quarter off of. Realistically, though, she's a bitch and needs to be put in check. Odds are, if you go out with some of the girls that get overlooked, you'll find some great people who will probably grow up to be smoking hot, and have jobs where they could buy yours and all those other bitches lives. Again, not saying date steady, just take them out. Display maturity, a tolerable amount of self confidence (not arrogance), and show that you are someone who can be friends with anyone and make it genuine. You'll find yourself more appealing and more in demand.

DO NOT TRY AND DATE A GIRL REGULARLY UNTIL THEY ARE OUT OF COLLEGE.

Girls at 21/22 are not the same as they were at 17/18.

That is all.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby MindsOnLoan » 9/10/2009, 7:54 pm

I think M2 is in middle school (if I'm remembering his age correctly), so basiclly my advice were to either go with what Random Name said or just move on to another girl.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Shanae » 9/10/2009, 8:20 pm

I don't want to date until I'm older. It's the awkward point where people want to, but it's just kind of silly.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby m2 » 9/11/2009, 6:28 pm

I swear this girls mood swings are crazy. She calls me all perky and happy for homework answers. I call her back and i'm like "What, so your not mad at me anymore?" and shes like "NO, I STILL HATE YOU! Your such a jerk sometimes! YOU SUCK!" I swear this is insane. BUT, im going to a pool party tomorrow. She'll be there, along with plenty other pretty girls in bikinis. This'll be fun! JEALOUSY, MAN! lol
m2

Postby MindsOnLoan » 9/11/2009, 7:02 pm

Mood swings, eh? Welcome to every relationship you'll have for the rest of your life.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Locobone » 9/11/2009, 8:17 pm

Go buy a pack of Newports, a 6 pack of Pabst, and head to the strip club for the evening.

Oh, and don't take any relationship seriously until you're out of college...and even then only taken then half-seriously.
Locobone

Postby m2 » 9/14/2009, 4:30 pm

Sooooooooooooooo were back together! lol BUT NEW PROBLEM! How do i get her Ex- boyfriend to leave us alone. I was thinking since he's somewhat my friend, to find him a girl of his own.
m2

Postby Shanae » 9/14/2009, 6:55 pm

If you work the streets you get love AND money.
Shanae

Postby faninor » 9/14/2009, 10:08 pm

Bros before hoes dude.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby xjsb125 » 9/15/2009, 5:36 am

We were all thinking it...just waiting on someone to say it.
xjsb125

Postby AnnieDreams » 9/15/2009, 12:17 pm

xjsb125 wrote:It's high school. Treat em like shit will win every time until they are 22.

Also, it's high school. Who really cares. Dumping someone via anything but face to face is a total fail and gets you -10 points on a man card that you don't yet have. Don't worry about keeping the same girl all through high school. Play the field. Go out on dates, don't worry about dating anyone steady. You'll just frustrate yourself. Take out the girls that others might pass up on. Sure we all wanted to date the smoking hot girl with the perky 36D's, rock hard stomach, and ass that you could bounce a quarter off of. Realistically, though, she's a bitch and needs to be put in check. Odds are, if you go out with some of the girls that get overlooked, you'll find some great people who will probably grow up to be smoking hot, and have jobs where they could buy yours and all those other bitches lives. Again, not saying date steady, just take them out. Display maturity, a tolerable amount of self confidence (not arrogance), and show that you are someone who can be friends with anyone and make it genuine. You'll find yourself more appealing and more in demand.

DO NOT TRY AND DATE A GIRL REGULARLY UNTIL THEY ARE OUT OF COLLEGE.

Girls at 21/22 are not the same as they were at 17/18.

That is all.

I've gotta disagree with this advice. I was in high-school fairly recently, and in my experience an average joe who plays the field a lot and dates multiple girls is both rather rare and rather frowned upon from the female perspective. We tend to resent the implication that we're not worth the effort of dating steady. I know every high-school microcosm is different, but in my social sphere guys with that attitude were considered to be jerkfaces in the dating department, or at least people that a lot of girls were wary to get involved with.
Really, it depends what the atmosphere is in your little piece of adolescent-culture. Advice from other perspectives is often good to consider, but remember that it's not necessarily always applicable to yours. When I was in school, I never found an adult saying "teenagers will be teenagers!" particularly helpful, and I doubt you will either. You're a teenager too, and you need to deal with relationships and conflicts at your own level and within the world of your peer-group.

I'd also advise against treating anyone like shit, as a general rule. But maybe that's just me :P

If her Ex is your friend, you could try having a candid discussion with him. I don't know this guy or how easily he can be reasoned with, but it could work!
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Postby xjsb125 » 9/15/2009, 1:33 pm

High school girls really aren't worth the effort of dating steady. Sorry. The level of immaturity of male and female at that age rarely leads to a constructive, fulfilling relationship. There are exceptions to the rule, but it's rare.
xjsb125

Next