ClumsyMonkey.net

Natasha Richardson dies after a ski fall

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Natasha Richardson dies after a ski fall

Postby myownsatellite » 3/18/2009, 7:09 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Seriously, this is so sad. I adored her, she was such a brilliant actress and she seemed like a genuinely wonderful person. And who ever hears anything negative about her? Why do people like this always have to die so young?

Really really sad.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 3/18/2009, 8:45 pm

Oh she died!?

Dayum.... Just yesterday NY Post was supposedly reporting she was brain dead. Then TMZ countered and said she was NOT brain dead.

Wtf...

Sad. And was it true that the fall happened on a freaking bunny hill? Like... it was a freak incident?
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby myownsatellite » 3/18/2009, 9:03 pm

Yeah she was on a beginner slope. I don't get it.

The reports I saw all said she was critical but they were hopeful, and suddenly she's gone.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Neil » 3/18/2009, 9:05 pm

Crazy. Yeah the report I heard said it was roughly a 16 inch fall. Or something? Just insane.

If we had stem cell research getting full support we could make another her!
Neil

Postby Dr. Hobo » 3/28/2009, 10:24 am

no they wouldnt
stem cells could replace the cells that exist in her body but not the memories, experiences, etc that make her who she is.
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Johnny » 3/28/2009, 10:54 am

We clearly need to invent Ressurection Technology then!
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Neil » 3/28/2009, 1:02 pm

Dr. Hobo wrote:no they wouldnt
stem cells could replace the cells that exist in her body but not the memories, experiences, etc that make her who she is.

Don't get technical! Cripes!
Neil

Postby Dr. Hobo » 3/28/2009, 1:20 pm

write my exams for me so i can get shit faced and talk about some guy and how "he is the guy" who.. "does that stuff.." and what not and we have a deal :nod: :lol:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/28/2009, 3:52 pm

Apparently this saved some young girl's life... I didn't click on the article, but on Yahoo they said that thanks to this situation, when a girl started showing the same symptoms, they knew how to properly act against it.
MindsOnLoan

Postby ivewaited » 3/28/2009, 5:29 pm

when i become president/ ruler. there are going to be hospitals on ski resorts. i think that fact would simply bring more vistors too. they'd be like " well if i die theres a hospital as close as my hand to my ass"
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby myownsatellite » 3/28/2009, 7:05 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:Apparently this saved some young girl's life... I didn't click on the article, but on Yahoo they said that thanks to this situation, when a girl started showing the same symptoms, they knew how to properly act against it.

What happened was the girl had been hit in the temple approx. two days before, and she had a bump on her head but her parents iced it and the swelling went down. They were then watching the story on Natasha, and thought "Uh oh, better check on her." They went upstairs and the girl had a headache, and shortly after that it turned into a really serious headache, and they took her to the hospital and she had the same thing Natasha did. They saved their daughter's life because they knew enough to take her to the hospital after seeing what happened to Natasha.

Most people think that if they hit their head but don't exhibit any symptoms then they're fine. I've done this before, but I'm a hypochondriac, so even if I have "symptoms" it's most likely just my brain playing tricks on me. But Natasha's tragic death (and yes, it is a tragedy - I still want to cry just thinking about it) has called attention to the fact that a bump on the head is not always just a bump on the head. And sometimes it is just a bump on the head. But if you hit it hard enough that there's a giant bump, you should probably go to the hospital.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Dr. Hobo » 3/29/2009, 2:21 am

having had quite a few bumps to the head over the years (never truly diagnosed at the time but i believe ive had 2-3 concussions and in talking to various peeps after the fact about the situations in question they seem to agree with my assessment).. hits to the head have to be taken seriously and need care when proceeding with them.. heh when my bro was like.. 2.. he jumping up and down on my 'rents bed.. he fell and smacked his head against a dresser or something.. cried for 5 mins and then "gave up" and was fine.. a few hours later we went in for a haircut and while cutting my hair the lady doing his screamed... then my mom freaked out.. turns out he was bleeding.. from where he hit his head.. they finished my hair up quick and we took the brat to the hospital and he got 4 stitches :nod:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo