ClumsyMonkey.net

A CM call to arms.

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Lando » 6/26/2008, 10:42 pm

Random Name wrote:The fact that you guys are totally willing to slander his name and assume that he has had a drug addiction problem, completly baffles me. I'm genuinely offended at your total lack of sympathy and and humanity your quick judgement of character. I really don't give a shit if it's true or not. I don't know this person. I doubt any of you, do. So what gives you the right to talk such shit about someone else? Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I could make a lot of judgements about some of the stuff you, Christine, have said here, but I don't. So really, grow the fuck up and stop spreading rumours.

Besides his personal life is none of our goddamn business. And when he opened up to the one person he was responsible for here, you guys attack him for his honesty. Does it sound like he could have been in rehab? Sure. But it also sounds to me like a traumatic brain injury. Does that matter? Fuck no, because whatever the hell happened to him IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

So I'm done. You guys can go circle jerk to the sound of your bullshit theories as to why your art arrived late. I don't care. Does it suck for Johnny? Fuck yes. That's brutal, and I'm sorry that it isn't getting done. I would be pissed. But there is nothing else to be done, and calling him a drug addict or whatever other names you want, isn't going to change that.

And the award for most immature post goes to...

Damn I'm glad Crusty is so smart. Good replies guys.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby laurel » 6/26/2008, 10:47 pm

so megan and i disagree a lot. and have different views. in fact, the last time we had differing opinions, we had an exchange about what constitutes attacking.

here, we have a fine example of the difference between defending one's opinions and attacking someone else's.

that was immature, rude, and uncalled for. telling them to grow the fuck up? maybe you should look into doing that yourself. really, was there any need for the comments about circle jerks and bullshit theories? no.

really, i respect that you have your own opinion. however, i do not respect you when you express your opinion in that way, nor does anyone else.
laurel
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Lando » 6/26/2008, 10:52 pm

laurel wrote: however, i do not respect you when you express your opinion in that way, nor does anyone else.

I do!

oh... wait... damn... not getting laid tonight!
Lando

Postby Henrietta » 6/27/2008, 12:23 am

[quote]I think you're being harsh Cass. What you describe might be the responsible thing to do, but people who are under the grip of addictions or mental health problems just sometimes can't see anything outside those problems and are no longer capable or responsible or rational thought or actions. As Christine says, it looks like he's coming out of it now and let's all hope that he stays that way and that Johnny gets his guitar back again very soon.[quote]

I know all about drug addiction and people hurting the ones they love and totally abandoning their responsibilities. I know first hand. I do know that even drug addicts feel that sense of propriety. I really don't feel I've been that harsh on him. In fact as far as I can tell from what I wrote I was totally willing to let him off the hook which is more than some people thought should be done.

Anyhow I don't care to disagree about it anymore. I feel bad for the guy, and I'm glad Johnny is getting his guitar.
Henrietta

Postby Johnny » 6/27/2008, 1:06 am

Lando wrote:
laurel wrote: however, i do not respect you when you express your opinion in that way, nor does anyone else.

I do!

oh... wait... damn... not getting laid tonight!

Well, theres always lefty or righty and a jar of vaseline
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Lando » 6/27/2008, 3:05 am

I'm gonna need all three!
Lando

Postby Johnny » 6/27/2008, 9:19 am

Damn, thats hardcore dude.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby m2 » 10/9/2009, 8:13 pm

Johnny, i was reading thru old threads and was bored and found this. What ever happened?
m2

Postby Neil » 10/29/2009, 8:06 am

Johnny got his guitar from Oli.

Oh yeah. He got it alright. Turns out Oli got confused and sent Johnny one of those blow up ones you win by popping balloons at the carnival.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Previous