ClumsyMonkey.net

Spitzer is a scummer! (NY Governor)

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Spitzer is a scummer! (NY Governor)

Postby Neil » 3/11/2008, 11:31 pm

So...I am assuming most of you (if not all) have heard that the FBI has reportedly "confirmed" that NY Governor Elliot Spitzer was involved in a prostitution ring, and he most recently had a hook up with a high paid prostitute back in mid february.

It is amazing to me how such a liberal (and neil approved!) man such as Spitzer just completely ruined his self image.

Headline news is reporting tonight that investigation is finding that Spitzer may have spent at least 80K on prostitutes.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby myownsatellite » 3/11/2008, 11:59 pm

He's disgusting.
I can't believe I wanted to vote for him. He was going to be such a breath of fresh air from Pataki's stuck-up ass, and all he's managed to do is fuck things up really badly.

Nice to know we have such an upstanding citizen for a governor.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby laurel » 3/12/2008, 1:44 am

the thing that i can't believe about this is that his wife is standing by him....like, what the fuck woman? he not only cheated on you, he paid to cheat on you. maaaaybe that's a sign you shouldn't stay with him.
laurel

Postby Lando » 3/12/2008, 4:19 am

damn 80k?

not even Laurel's worth that much!
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Lando » 3/12/2008, 4:20 am

... and no, she's not a prostitute.
Lando

Postby myownsatellite » 3/12/2008, 9:55 am

And he has three kids. Imagine being his kid. Imagine that! I would have been tortured in school if my dad paid $80K to cheat on my mom.

I sure as hell hope the sex was good, because I don't know what amount of prostitutes is worth $80K.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Neil » 3/13/2008, 8:04 pm

I saw photos of the chick he hooked up with in February. I would never pay for sex period, but she wasn't worth 4300.

His wife is nuts. She's freaking gorgeous. She could easily get a husband that won't turn around and pay for sex behind her back.
Neil

Postby myownsatellite » 3/13/2008, 9:10 pm

I found out in class tonight that the prostitute he spent his money on has a song that is apparently now available for purchase on iTunes.

So she's a whore in more than one sense of the word!
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Kicker774 » 3/14/2008, 7:53 am

Yea she has a blog up along with her myspace.

Shes good looking and all but $5k??

Doubtfull she'll amount to anything more than Monica Lewinski. She'll get her 15 minutes of fame and write an autobiography or two.

After that she will amount to nothing more than a VH1 commentator on "I love 2008!!" and star in endless celebrity reality shows with the likes of Danny Bonaduce and Vanilla Ice.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Random Name » 3/14/2008, 6:25 pm

I don't think it would be possible for me to care any less.
This is the worst news story I have ever heard.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby myownsatellite » 3/14/2008, 6:52 pm

It may be a boring news story for you up there in Canadia, but it has a lot of ramifications to us New Yorkers. At the forefront of my mind is the SUNY endowment Spitzer had proposed that we are now in all probability not going to get, because it was going to need major Republican support in order to pass, and now that Spitzer has fouled up so badly, there's no way the Reps are going to support anything a Dem proposed. Since the Reps are the ones in power right now, that's a major problem. In case you're unaware - the SUNY system used to be fully state funded. Now it's less than 10% state funded, and tuition is raised every year, to the point where SUNY schools are now almost as expensive as private schools, making the need for them irrelevant.

There are many other issues but I don't want to write a novel here.

It's a major problem really. Just because it's a scandal involving sex, and not, say, chemical weapons, doesn't make it irrelevant or unimportant.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby saman » 3/14/2008, 9:37 pm

Random Name wrote:I don't think it would be possible for me to care any less.
This is the worst news story I have ever heard.

think of it as "danny williams with prostitutes" as translation. although i wouldn't really care too much about that either...
saman

Postby Neil » 3/15/2008, 3:04 am

I paid too gol'damn much at a SUNY school! So I agree! Burn NYS Republicans. Burn.
Neil

Postby Random Name » 3/15/2008, 4:08 pm

Yeah it has nothing to do with being Canadian.

I think its retarded that the media is so willing to smear politicians in such dramatically horrible ways, for something that I really don't care about either way.
If you really think you have a right to know everything about these peoples personal lives, you should really think about what would happen if all your bosses constantly checked your facebook and had your email passwords and everything.
It's just dumb.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name

Postby Lando » 3/15/2008, 6:02 pm

no woman is worth 80k
Lando

Postby myownsatellite » 3/15/2008, 9:40 pm

It's not a matter of his personal life - it's a matter of him prosecuting these people with incredibly harsh penalties for years while he was Attorney General, and come to find out he's been participating in these illegal activities the whole time.

That, to me, is not a smear campaign, that is exposing something illegal that our governor has been doing while prosecuting those same people. It's hypocritical and I think he's getting off easy with just being able to resign. As far as I know, he's not being charged with anything, which is ridiculous. Just because he's the governor does not make him above the law.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby laurel » 3/16/2008, 3:33 am

i do believe this is finally an issue where megan and i agree eye to eye.
laurel

Postby Lando » 3/16/2008, 3:44 am

which is weird cause you're so short.
Lando

Postby myownsatellite » 3/17/2008, 9:25 pm

Oh, and I would like to point out that the probe into Spitzer's illegal activities is wholly different from the probe into Paterson's personal life:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080318/ap_ ... or_affairs

He and his wife had relationships outside their marriage during a rough patch, and apparently this is is our business. This is what I think Sarah is talking about when she says it's none of our business, and I agree.

But this is something totally different from what Spitzer did. What Paterson did is not illegal; what Spitzer did IS illegal.

OK I'm done :gravity: now.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite