ClumsyMonkey.net

Monster brand audio/video cables

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Monster brand audio/video cables

Postby Lando » 3/4/2008, 12:29 am

This is just for reference to anyone who might end up needing to buy cables of the audio/vide type. It's not just Monster brand that's overpriced like crazy, there are a lot of places like Best Buy and other electronics stores that will try to sell you or tell you some garbage and it could end up costing you an arm and a leg for something you could normally buy for 5 bucks!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audi ... cable-and/

Read it!
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Neil » 3/4/2008, 1:20 am

Thanks for the heads up, Dawson!

I'm kidding. Thats mean to compare you to his sweater-vest wearing ass.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Lando » 3/4/2008, 1:22 am

Yeah it kinda hurt a little bit. I mean, my girlfriend's hotter than Joey... I have standards.
Lando

Postby xjsb125 » 3/4/2008, 1:39 am

I would be inclined to agree with that article. I own Monster brand cables and use them for my analog to digital transfers. Overall, I can't tell any difference between them and the Phillips brand cables I used to use. There may be a minor improvement in signal clarity, but not enough to justify the price difference. When I first purchased them, I thought there was a big difference. But upon review I can't see the major difference, aside from Monster providing a much tighter connection between the plug and the jack.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Lando » 3/4/2008, 4:00 pm

yeah the only advantage of high end cables is really just knowing that they're USUALLY (not always) made to last a little bit longer. You have less chance of a break in the wire or the ends are tighter or fit more snugly or aren't as cheaply made to break themselves.

However, a lot of time people will never have problems with any of those things anyway. If a person does, it's still cheaper to buy another regular priced cable to replace it. Actually if it breaks another FIVE times you still won't be paying as much as Monster brand cables.
Lando