ClumsyMonkey.net

Color me greedy! Bush's "Economic Stimulus" approv

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Kicker774 » 1/24/2008, 11:57 pm

myownsatellite wrote:For me, and everyone else I know, it's a godsend.

For you yes.

For me? I'm taking the Warren Buffet approach kind of saying "Why are you giving it to me? I don't need it"

For those who are up to their necks in debt it's a drop in the bucket.

There should be better programs to help those working and going to school.
Better programs out there slated to help the working poor.

But half of this is comming about form the fiscal irresponsibility of people and the government is rewarding them for it.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Neil » 1/25/2008, 12:00 am

The Warren Buffet approach; ok I'm done now cuz that was the most stupid thing I've read on this forum tonight.

You know you're gonna spend it just like every other individual in this country.

Tool.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Kicker774 » 1/25/2008, 12:01 am

Allright I'm calling a cease fire for now.

I have interviews on the dockett for tomorrow.

I'm sure Megan has work early in the morn.

Neil ... well I don't know what you do but get some rest for it anyways.

Goodnight everybody!!
*Roll credits*
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Neil » 1/25/2008, 12:04 am

I'm not done! Don't run away. heh!
Neil

Postby Neil » 1/25/2008, 12:06 am

Better programs for those in school? How bout you push to have the outlandish costs of tuition and freaking BOOKS for school to be lowered. Its not a matter of better programs.

And there is public assistance GALORE for the lower income folks. I've used it before, I'm not gonna lie. I was making a hundred bucks a damn week and going to school full time and I went and got public assistance to keep my friggen heat and electricity on.

The problem with the people in this country is that they are too stubborn to admit they WANT help; thats the problem. The help is there if people open their damn eyes.
Neil

Postby Neil » 1/25/2008, 12:08 am

You keep going back to financial irresponsibility and the government doesn't give a flying CRAP about that. That is not whats causing a freaking recession.

You're not grasping what a recession, is.
Neil

Postby xjsb125 » 1/25/2008, 4:08 am

Individual financial responsibility isn't the government's responsibility. With regards to money here in the United Stats, keeping the economy afloat and moving money is it's responsibility...as tacky as that sounds. You are right, Brian, people will go out and spend the money on whatever they want, and others will put it towards debt. It's all their choice, but spending it is part of what this money is supposed to do. If people go out and spend money, then the need for jobs increases. This results in people who are laid off being brought active again, generating income in their households, generating revenue for businesses, and starting the cycle over again. The cycle will build so that people will be earning a regular income through the need for their work services, allowing themselves to handle their financial needs.

I would agree with Neil and Megan, you are missing the point of this program. It's not to help individuals deal with their debts in a direct manner, but to generate activity in the economy, leading to their eventual self-help with debt.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Neil » 1/25/2008, 10:39 am

Leave it to our corporate leader to give a solid example. haha!
Neil

Postby Dr. Hobo » 1/27/2008, 11:00 am

if you ask me the first step to fixing the economy is to fix the deficit, if the government shows no regards to fiscal responsibility and pretty well laughs at the idea as the current regime does then how can you expect the common man who's knowledge of things of that matter work to give a rats ass?

as for the stimulus package itself, its needed and more importantly its needed to be spent regardless of whether spending it or not is the most intelligent thing to be done in the long run, spending the money equates to stimulating the economy which should, hopefully, in turn stave off a recession
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 1/27/2008, 12:33 pm

Dr. Hobo wrote:
as for the stimulus package itself, its needed and more importantly its needed to be spent regardless of whether spending it or not is the most intelligent thing to be done in the long run, spending the money equates to stimulating the economy which should, hopefully, in turn stave off a recession

Exactamundo!
Neil

Previous