ClumsyMonkey.net

Chris Benoit AND Family Found Dead

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Chris Benoit AND Family Found Dead

Postby LifeRiot » 6/25/2007, 5:44 pm

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

That is pretty terrible.

This is the wrestler that OLP have lended the song 'Whatever' to as his theme.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby iarecanadian » 6/25/2007, 6:05 pm

I just came on here to post this. Anyway, that sucks.
iarecanadian

Postby Driven » 6/25/2007, 6:06 pm

Was just going to post this...

Benoit, his wife (Kevin Sullivan's ex-wife, Woman) and his son Daniel died today.

The WWE held a PPV last night in which Benoit was going to face CM Punk for the ECW Championship, but Benoit called in and said that he would not be able to show up since his family was coughing up blood.

Benoit was announced dead a couple hours ago.

Benoit was an admirable man and one of the most respected in the history of professional wrestling.

I'll post more on him later.
Driven

Postby ihatethunderbay » 6/25/2007, 6:39 pm

I made this as soon as I found out.

This is one of the worst days in wrestling history. Benoit was nothing but a class act. He was the kind of guy that everyone respected, both in and out of the ring. One of the most intense, passionate and skilled wrestlers ever.
hating thunder bay since 2003
ihatethunderbay

Postby Neil » 6/25/2007, 6:41 pm

This is so 'effin sad. I'm in shock.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Driven » 6/25/2007, 6:57 pm

People are speculating that it was Carbon Monoxide poisoning, which makes sense.
Driven

Postby myownsatellite » 6/25/2007, 7:29 pm

That's terrible. I was looking to see if SVU was on, and then I saw the tribute, and I went to the WWE site to find out who it was, and I was all "holy cow, that's the one OLP wrote that song for."

So sad.

I was trying to find out more on MSNBC or CNN but no news yet. Wikipedia's already been altered, however.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 6/25/2007, 7:30 pm

Wiki is whack; I'll wait for official word.

This tribute is depressing; Eddie's was only a short time ago. Now Chris.

Damn....
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby myownsatellite » 6/25/2007, 7:35 pm

Well I saw it on the WWE page before I went to the Wiki page. I'm just saying, so far that was the only "news" source I could find that actually backs it up as not just a prank.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Driven » 6/25/2007, 7:35 pm

Wrestler Benoit, Wife and Son Found Dead

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WRE...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

PEACHTREE CITY, GA -- Authorities say pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and seven-year-old son were found slain today at their Fayette County home.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/life/enterta...x?storyid=85079
Driven

Postby Driven » 6/25/2007, 7:36 pm

myownsatellite wrote:Well I saw it on the WWE page before I went to the Wiki page. I'm just saying, so far that was the only "news" source I could find that actually backs it up as not just a prank.

There's enough pro wrestling sources out there confirming that it is indeed true.
Driven

Postby Random Name » 6/25/2007, 7:54 pm

This is horrible.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Driven » 6/25/2007, 9:18 pm

It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available

Holy Jesus
Driven

Postby xjsb125 » 6/25/2007, 9:20 pm

Most people who know me somewhat well, know that I am a huge wrestling fan. Benoit was always one of my favorites, and is in fact the reason I first discovered OLP. I had to cath myself to not get really teary eyed when I read the news this evening.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named » 6/25/2007, 10:11 pm

Well, forget about OLP playing "Whatever" as a tribute to Benoit, if the news that he murdered his family turns out to be true.

Amazing how I went from very sad to outrageously disgusted in 30 seconds.
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

Postby Driven » 6/25/2007, 10:27 pm

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named wrote:Well, forget about OLP playing "Whatever" as a tribute to Benoit, if the news that he murdered his family turns out to be true.

Amazing how I went from very sad to outrageously disgusted in 30 seconds.

I don't see why so many people feel this way. Disgusted you should be, but sad you should be as well. Regardless of what he did in his house, he still had a great impact on the lives of millions people - which is more than most can say. He was still a fantastic wrestler who cared so much about the business, and still was a great influence on the wrestlers, promoters, writers, fans - whoever - and what was missing before the supposed homicides were announced is still missing.

You should be sad for the same reason - that this great wrestler and human being is gone.
Last edited by Driven on 6/25/2007, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driven

Postby Johnny » 6/25/2007, 10:36 pm

This is un-real, this is so very un-real/ :(
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby quietorloud » 6/26/2007, 1:56 am

I'm not a fan of wrestling, but I'm still sadden by this. Maybe it's because I know that he's Canadian, or his theme song is OLP, but damn.. murder?
I don't do sigs.
-Darren
quietorloud

Postby xjsb125 » 6/26/2007, 5:26 am

According to the Fayette county police department, they believe he murdered his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself yesterday. I'm still just blown away by it all.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Next