ClumsyMonkey.net

ITS RAINING!!!! (lots of pics... 56K flooded)

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

ITS RAINING!!!! (lots of pics... 56K flooded)

Postby Korzic » 6/20/2007, 7:24 am

Alright...

Let me tell you a story. I live in a country called Australia. We haven't had a lot of rain lately. In fact, 98% of the state that I live in is classified as drought stricken. Well, it rained for once. Now a lot of you know we don't do things by half measures. So when it rained, it poured. And when it poured, well, it poured some more and more... So much so that since the beginning of June, we've had 450mm inches of rain fall. Now you say... But that's over 3 weeks!!! Well my friends, 200mm fell during the weekend of June 6,7 and 8.

And this is the result.

Venice comes to Australia!

Before and Afters! The only new car in the 2nd picture is the one facing us directly.

Cars don't make for good gondolas!

Ahhh, the irony. People were parking in these car parks to get AWAY from the rain.

They got the signs mixed up.

Robinson Crusoe lives here!

Mother Nature tries her hand at modern art and sculpturing.

Lots of people who think their cars can become boats

The price of real estate prices skyrockets as people wake up to find their houses are now waterfront properties.

Now these next pics are my favourites. The following 2 pictures are an example of what happens when you are in charge of a 76000 ton freighter and you're bobbing up and down like a cork in 50ft seas and you ignore the port authority telling you to sail back out to sea. I welcome you to Nobby's Beach's newest attraction, the stranded cargo ship the Pasha Bulker

If you want to check out a kabillion more photos of this. There's a charming flickr slide show here
Korzic

Postby myownsatellite » 6/20/2007, 10:33 am

That's absolutely crazy! Were there any or many casualties?
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/20/2007, 1:31 pm

i want a boat on a beach :(
wait
i want a beach :(
in fact
i want jax beach :nod:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Korzic » 6/20/2007, 2:22 pm

myownsatellite wrote:That's absolutely crazy! Were there any or many casualties?

7 people died

5 when a section of highway collapsed beneath the poor buggers and swept them and their car away.

2 after they tried to gondola their way over an overwhelmed bridge and the car was swept off the bridge
Korzic

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/20/2007, 2:55 pm

they tried to drive across a bridge with that much flooding and what not?
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Korzic » 6/20/2007, 11:30 pm

Dr. Hobo wrote:they tried to drive across a bridge with that much flooding and what not?

Essentially yes. We had some more deaths the following weekend when people were dumb and fell into raging creeks etc.
Korzic

Postby myownsatellite » 6/22/2007, 9:05 am

Wow that's nuts. Poor folks.

Glad you're still alive though!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/23/2007, 9:55 am

Korzic wrote:
Dr. Hobo wrote:they tried to drive across a bridge with that much flooding and what not?

Essentially yes. We had some more deaths the following weekend when people were dumb and fell into raging creeks etc.

did they like... fall accidentally or just do stupid (read: dangerous) things that lead to them falling and dying?
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Korzic » 6/24/2007, 8:04 am

Dr. Hobo wrote:
Korzic wrote:

did they like... fall accidentally or just do stupid (read: dangerous) things that lead to them falling and dying?

Things like LETS PLAY NEAR THE BANK OF A RAGING STORM WATER DRAIN OH SHIT I FELL IN DROWN DEAD
Korzic

Postby Dr. Hobo » 7/5/2007, 7:08 am

Korzic wrote:
Dr. Hobo wrote:
Korzic wrote:

Things like LETS PLAY NEAR THE BANK OF A RAGING STORM WATER DRAIN OH SHIT I FELL IN DROWN DEAD

umm yeah..
so like..
isnt that like... well... natural selection at its most basic level?!
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo