ClumsyMonkey.net

Saddam sentenced to death

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Saddam sentenced to death

Postby saman » 11/5/2006, 12:41 pm

<a href=http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20061104%2fhussein_verdict_061105&feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True">the news</a> and <a href="http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20061105%2fhussein_response_061105&feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True">the response</a>
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 11/5/2006, 12:55 pm

'Oi.....I'll refrain from this one. My left-armed point of views will go overboard.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby myownsatellite » 11/5/2006, 9:49 pm

Let him hang. The bastard deserves it. Anyone who would mass-murder his own people deserves his own special place deep in the bowels of hell.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Kaegan » 11/5/2006, 10:19 pm

Hang Bush.
- Kaequan

Kaegan

Postby Hope » 11/6/2006, 12:40 am

haha yeah. if you hang Saddam, it'd only be just to hang Bush also
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby myownsatellite » 11/6/2006, 6:56 pm

Never said it wouldn't.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Korzic » 11/7/2006, 6:35 am

Those are possibly the most retarded statements I've heard to date. I swear some of you hop on the I hate Bush bandwagon just because it's cool and trendy and people will like you if you do.
Korzic

Postby saman » 11/7/2006, 11:42 am

o_O how do you know? maybe they all just don't like bush
saman

Postby Henrietta » 11/8/2006, 1:08 am

You may not like Bush, but does he instigate mass murder?

I say let him hang too.
Henrietta

Postby Lando » 11/9/2006, 7:46 am

Hanging is okay I guess, but i'd prefer the guillotine. If I were to go, give me the guillotine. They look cool and they can cut carrots!

And I assume other assorted vegetables as well.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Axtech » 11/9/2006, 10:03 am

no. only carrots.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby myownsatellite » 11/9/2006, 6:31 pm

Korzic wrote:Those are possibly the most retarded statements I've heard to date. I swear some of you hop on the I hate Bush bandwagon just because it's cool and trendy and people will like you if you do.

If you say so. But the fact remains that I hate hate hate the man. I hate him with every fiber of my being. I think he's done this country a world of disservice and I think he's a dumbass, a shitty orator, a bumbling idiot, and selfish.

Henrietta wrote:You may not like Bush, but does he instigate mass murder?

Well, the fact that thousands of Iraqi citizens have died in this war would say to me yes, he does instigate mass murder.

But then again, half this redneck population thinks the war is right, legal and just. I, on the other hand, think it's a disgusting misuse of power and should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Joe Cooler » 11/9/2006, 9:20 pm

myownsatellite wrote:
But then again, half this redneck population thinks the war is right, legal and just.

While I happen to agree with you for the most part, statements like that will get you absolutely no where.
Joe Cooler

Postby menomena » 11/9/2006, 11:43 pm

Yeah, um, calling Republicans rednecks isn't exactly making you look intelligent. Don't get me wrong, I am a true liberal (let people do what they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone---which is exactly what liberalism was back when it first came about) but you have to come up with something, well, mature to say to get anywhere in life.

Now, if you want to insult republicans, be my guest, but make it because they vote based on party affiliation and mudslinging, and not that they all must be rednecks from the south.

That is all.
menomena
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Henrietta » 11/10/2006, 12:57 am

But then again, half this redneck population thinks the war is right, legal and just. I, on the other hand, think it's a disgusting misuse of power and should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.

I voted for Bush. I'm neither from from the South or a redneck. Although I do like country music and wear cowboy boots occasionally.

When you come up with replies like that, it makes everyone disregard any opinion you have. Look beyond the first cliche you can grab hold to.
Henrietta

Postby Korzic » 11/10/2006, 1:39 am

myownsatellite wrote:Well, the fact that thousands of Iraqi citizens have died in this war would say to me yes, he does instigate mass murder.

In your bandwagon groupiness, you do realise that it's Arab's killing Iraqi's not American's don't you. You do realise that most Iraqi's support deomacracy and want to make a go of it and DONT want the Americans to leave because they know that without them the country would be plunged into further chaos and disorder. But of course, because Bush did something it automatically makes it the Devil and the root of all evil.

I think this quote summarises the fact that you are a Bush hater bandwagoner, since this comment lacks all sense of reason and maturity.
Korzic

Postby Rusty » 11/10/2006, 1:40 am

Moving away from the topic of choices of words here I agree that Bush has done wrong with the war and I do not agree with his politics either. I also would agree that he has instigated mass murder, what else is war really? If I were to go and shoot someone in the face it would be called murder. If I was the head of a country and I bombed the hell out of another country, it's war. Thus all the killing commited during war is legalized. Thus yes, I would say that Bush has caused mass murder. That's all war is really when you get down to it, mass murder involving several countries, which is legal because of its title.

Please note that when I was describing a head of a country bombing someone and it not being called murder I was oversimplifiing the legal issues surrounding war to make a point. I do understand the laws governing war crimes, and the International Criminal Court set up to deal with war crimes. But not all parties are tried for the crimes, just the higher ups who give the orders. Also a country that goes in to "liberate" another country is not responsible for the murders that happen there, because it's all a part of war.

Queens Of The Stone Age-Someone's In The Wolf

Once you're lost in twillights's blue
You don't find your way, the way finds you...

Tempt the fates, beware the smile
It hides all the teeth, my dear,
What's behind them...

So glad you could stay
Forever

He steps between the trees, a crooked man
There's blood on the blade
Don't take his hand

You warm by the firelight, in twilight's blue
Shadows creep & dance the walls
He's creeping too..

So glad you could stay
Forever

Image <----------------- click and listen!
Rusty
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Rusty » 11/10/2006, 1:43 am

Korzic wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:

I think this quote summarises the fact that you are a Bush hater bandwagoner, since this comment lacks all sense of reason and maturity.

Well I would say that dwelling on one quote that does not show the whole argument or the message behind the message shows a great deal of immaturity and bandwagon jumping as well. In order to fully grasp any message you need to look at the whole thing, taking one phrase and beating it to death isn't strengthening your argument at all and makes your own debating skills weaker. It's time to drop it.

Queens Of The Stone Age-Someone's In The Wolf

Once you're lost in twillights's blue
You don't find your way, the way finds you...

Tempt the fates, beware the smile
It hides all the teeth, my dear,
What's behind them...

So glad you could stay
Forever

He steps between the trees, a crooked man
There's blood on the blade
Don't take his hand

You warm by the firelight, in twilight's blue
Shadows creep & dance the walls
He's creeping too..

So glad you could stay
Forever

Image <----------------- click and listen!
Rusty

Postby myownsatellite » 11/10/2006, 5:36 am

Thank you Rusty. Poor word choice does not make me ignorant, nor a bandwagon-jumper.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Henrietta » 11/10/2006, 8:43 am

But it taints what you say afterward. Now after all this is over the only thing I will remember is the fact that you think we're all a bunch of rednecks.

There are alot of morals behind war. Do you think, if you are religious, that you will go to hel for killing someone while participating in a war? If the Iraqis are actually liberated by the "democracy" we have brought to them, then not only will they be thanking us, but everyone in the West will be thanking us for the economic addition that will be had by us as well as the Middle East. Of course no one will remember what caused it, it will just be a miracle that those Iraqis were amazing enough to pull themselves out of it!
Henrietta

Next