ClumsyMonkey.net

Saddam sentenced to death

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby myownsatellite » 12/30/2006, 9:42 am

I saw that on Yahoo news this morning as I was signing into my e-mail. I thought he had appeals or something. I'm surprised they did it so soon, but hey, good riddance.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 12/30/2006, 5:29 pm

Anybody else wanna join the conspiracy theory bandwagon.....

I'm gonna say that he's not really dead.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby LifeRiot » 12/30/2006, 5:34 pm

Yeah, my friends and I heard about Saddam getting owned, we all did a shot and slapped hands.

As for the conspiracy theory, of course there will be conspiracys. Cause of how they paused before the actual hanging, and the showing of the dead body. It isnt like they are going to show him getting hung on tv, though it would be sweet.

Edit - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9766935521

Well that should put conspiracys to rest

GRAPHIC CONTENT! (obviously)
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby Axtech » 12/30/2006, 7:07 pm

why is watching someone - ANYONE - get hanged "sweet"? whether you feel it's justified or not, doesn't it seem a little sick and sadistic to get pleasure out of watching a person die?
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby LifeRiot » 12/30/2006, 8:54 pm

When someone has killed an astronomical amount of people with out a single emotion. I would think doing a back flip would be an enormous understatement.

In all honesty, I am against the war in Iraq, but this guy shoulda been Drawn and Quartered in a public square.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby Axtech » 12/30/2006, 8:58 pm

Stopping him? Yes, that's good. Celebration is in order.

But I still don't understand actually wanting to watch his death, or finding any kind of joy or pleasure in watching it.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech

Postby BOAT » 12/30/2006, 9:09 pm

I just find it upsetting that Saddam Hussein was executed.

I'm not a supporter of him by any means... but I feel that it is absolutely barbaric that he was hung/hanged (whichever grammar you prefer). More innocent people have died under Bush's agenda... many more. Execution is not an answer... as primitive a species as we are, justice in these terms will always contine to be nothing more than an ACTION.

Don't tell me about deserving this... when we practice capital punishment we practice staying at an evolutional stand-still.

Something tells me that this will cause a whip-lash effect... Iraq is a mess as it is.... things will only get worse from now on.

This is but another example of how religion continues to set humanity on a trail of self-destruction. Thousands of years of these religions, and this is where we end up? These old barbaric beliefs don't work anymore. This planet is in big trouble... and we are all too damn stubborn to see or give a shit.

Our morals are all fucked up. We truly forgot what works and what doesn't work for the good of humanity. We have almost no idea of what it truly is to be human.

I'm sorry if I offend you.

We need to make a difference... to stand above this! An evolution revolution.

Stop fighting fire with fire!
looks like THIS boat's about to sink!
BOAT

Postby LifeRiot » 12/30/2006, 9:21 pm

I agree, religion is a big part of world unrest, and that my seemingly happiness was a bit much. I showed it to my mom cause I told her I found a video of it (cause cnn played the crap out of the story) and she was curious). She backed away almost immediatly after saying "That is enough...That is barbaric!" to where my dad yelled "They should do that to any murder who no doubt killed anyone, that goes with rapist and child molesters, but in public!" Which he went on to say it would show the result if someone commited crimes and so on.

I have to say that hanging is, with out a doubt primitive, but chemical execution isnt painless, at least from what I have read either. I read that one of the chemicals makes the body break apart and that is the reason they tie them down so tightly.

I dunno, I remember when I saw the Nick Berg video and that was just, lets just say I was filled with anger and guilt and sadness.

It's all propaganda.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby myownsatellite » 12/30/2006, 11:03 pm

BOAT wrote:Something tells me that this will cause a whip-lash effect... Iraq is a mess as it is.... things will only get worse from now on.

Well, <i>technically</i> it was the Iraqis who hanged him.

(and yes, I'm aware the US had a big hand in it too but he was still tried in Iraqi courts, by Iraqis, and hanged and confirmed dead by Iraqis)
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Venom » 12/30/2006, 11:23 pm

seen the full video on the net.....hes FINALLY dead!

good riddance
Venom

Postby Henrietta » 12/31/2006, 12:12 am

I saw him going to the gallows and I felt really sad because we were watching his final moments. No matter how horrible you are...it's still sad. But I still think he deserves and I don't think that the action of this execution makes humanity primitive.
Henrietta

Postby Henrietta » 12/31/2006, 12:14 am

I also meant to add that I don't think their manner of doing it was barbaric. It was quick, and when done right, pretty painless in comparison. Honestly if I had to pick, I'd go with that I think.
Henrietta

Postby Hope » 12/31/2006, 3:56 am

ew i cant believe its up on google video...? what the fuck?
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Henrietta » 12/31/2006, 5:02 pm

How else is the world supposed to know he's dead?
Henrietta

Postby laurel » 12/31/2006, 6:35 pm

there's these things called news reports. think of how much of the world probably doesn't even have internet...how wlil they know he's dead if they can't go watch the google video?

google video is not the way the world is supposed to know he's dead. there's other ways.
laurel

Postby reza » 1/1/2007, 1:08 am

I was born in Saudi Arabia. My family (sans my father) fled he nation in 1990 when my mother was pregnant with my younger brother because there was a lot of tension in the area after his march into the city-state of Kuwait which is connected to Al Khobar, KSA by a mere bridge. It's a long bridge, but still a bridge. I lost two additional years with my dad and my mom gave birth without her husband because of him.

My heritage is that of Sh'ia muslim, the sect that Hussein massacred is mass quantities (to say the least) with no emotional distress.

Having a shot of whatever and giving each other High 5's is not the proper reaction to his death. You may want to do cartwheels but do so silently and in your hearts because there are still those of us who have been profoundly impacted by this man. His death brought us little solace

It is the death of a tyrannical dictator, but it is by no means the justification for the American intervention in Iraq, especially since they entered the war unilaterally and the common public does not feel like they exhausted every alternative before deciding to wage an un-winable war.

I do not want to watch him hang, I dont want to see him suffer. I just want to know that he is no more.
Last edited by reza on 12/12/2016, 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image]
reza
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Henrietta » 1/1/2007, 12:04 pm

the common public does not feel like they exhausted every alternative before deciding to wage an un-winable war.

The common public doesn't? It seems to me that this is a highly opinionated statement. There is no way to prove that. I know a lot of people who disagree.

I don't consider myself some kind of sick person, perhaps I am. There is a part of me that wants to see it though. I'm just happy he's gone, that's all. I'm not gonna go party.
Henrietta

Postby Neil » 1/2/2007, 3:32 pm

I don't wanna start a huge debate; I watched the video of the hanging. I still don't feel satisfied.

The coalition going into Iraq still feels like a total waste, to me.

I'm glad he's gone.....but I still don't feel it was worth it.

(And yes.......seeing the video did put any conspiracy feelings to rest.)
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby Bandalero » 1/8/2007, 9:56 am

i'm from Texas. We execute more people in this state than anywhere else in the US. 5 prisioners are scheduled to die before January is out. I'm for capital punishment, and i'm somewhat pleased with this event. It was going to happen, be it in a fireball, or hung like this, or even slaughtered by people looking for revenge.

I'm not pleased with the fact that this was leaked however. a condemded man has rights, and those rights should be respected. he shouldn't have to be humiliated or disrespected before he passes. those who did are the savages you all are talking about, not 'southern republicans'.

so far there has been no signifigant whiplash effect from this, but who knows.

20 years from now though, there will be another Saddam in Iraq, and he'll probably be worse. The middle east has been fighting since before alexander the great, and warfare is the only thing i see comming out of the region for a long time.

so my overall feeling on this is kind of like this :uh:
Whenever death may surprise us,
let it be welcome
if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear
and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero

Postby reza » 1/9/2007, 10:46 am

Bandalero wrote: The middle east has been fighting since before alexander the great, and warfare is the only thing i see comming out of the region for a long time.

The entire world has been fighting since the dawn of time, it isn't right for you to say that a hundred years from now Arabs will be the only ones fighting. Need I remind you that Alexander the Great also waged wars and ended up conquering half of the known world?
Image]
reza

PreviousNext