ClumsyMonkey.net

Saddam sentenced to death

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Korzic » 11/10/2006, 9:45 am

If you can honestly say to yourself that you were also against the war in Afghanistan then I'll concede ground. There is no difference between it and the current situation in Iraq. I don't want a response to this. I'd rather you answer yorself honestly in your own mind. I don't care if you did and you want to delude yourself and the rest of us that you didn't. Don't answer me, answer yourself. Because if you DID support it and nowsay that Bush is a mass murderer, does this not border on blatent hypocrisy?
Korzic

Postby mosaik » 11/10/2006, 3:05 pm

Bush is a war criminal as well. The 9/11 attacks represent a far more sinister and lethal threat to world peace than 10 Saddam's put together could ever muster.

Neither Saddam nor Bush are innocent.
mosaik
dictator
dictator

Postby Neil » 11/10/2006, 7:11 pm

I wish I could say we need to just leave Iraq, but that opportunity has passed. The Bush Administration has dug us a hole, so damn deep, that we cannot leave until we have stablized Iraq.

It saddens me that we have to literally push and shove democracy down these peoples throat.

Yet, hundreds of citizens die regularly, and now, so does the troops.

I think Saddam is getting off too easy. That douche needs to do some hard ass time, first, for all he has done. He could spend the rest of his damn life, in a court room, just to be put through trial for all he has done.

Oddly......Iraq was so much more stable before we went in there. Yes, Saddam was a dictator, an asshole, douchebag, and what not. Look at Cuba, though. Fidel is the same way, and why aren't we already there?

Bush fucked the world up; hardcore. At least Rumsfeld is gone.......and the blue took back the house/senate.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Henrietta » 11/10/2006, 10:37 pm

They took it by a whole 1%. And there are some swingers in there too.

They kill eachother regularly anyhow. Saddam kills ém, and they kill eachother.
Henrietta

Postby mosaik » 11/10/2006, 10:54 pm

the rearranging of deck chairs in the houses doesn't mean anything. so what, liberals are in power now. they will still not end the war in iraq, they will not investigate why the war was started in the first place, they will not impeach bush and they will not reopen the 9/11 investigation.

so, what exactly is changed?
mosaik
dictator
dictator

Postby mosaik » 11/10/2006, 10:56 pm

Henrietta wrote:They took it by a whole 1%. And there are some swingers in there too.

They kill eachother regularly anyhow. Saddam kills ém, and they kill eachother.

The murder rate in Baghdad is now up to 38/day. That is to my knowledge the highest that it has ever been. Things are considerably worse in Iraq now than they were during Saddam's time or even during the start of the amerikan occupation.
mosaik
dictator
dictator

Postby myownsatellite » 11/11/2006, 9:39 am

Korzic wrote:If you can honestly say to yourself that you were also against the war in Afghanistan then I'll concede ground. There is no difference between it and the current situation in Iraq. I don't want a response to this. I'd rather you answer yorself honestly in your own mind. I don't care if you did and you want to delude yourself and the rest of us that you didn't. Don't answer me, answer yourself. Because if you DID support it and nowsay that Bush is a mass murderer, does this not border on blatent hypocrisy?

I answered myself a long time before you asked me that question. And I'm answering you because I want to. Yes, I was against the war in Afghanistan. I am against war in all forms. I think it's disgusting, I don't think it should be happening. I don't think that people need to kill each other to solve their problems. I don't think governments should attack other countries for resources or because they feel like it. I don't think there should be wars over religion. I don't think there should be wars over territory. I think it's all shit. I don't see how you could possibly think I'm someone who just jumps on a bandwagon just because I say I hate Bush and the war in Iraq. How does that mean that I am incapable of independent thought? I went to a very liberal college, where I was surrounded by politics and human rights and the constant need to think for YOURSELF. I learned that my opinion and my beliefs matter and that if I want change I need to stand up for it. Which is why I tell people that this war is stupid, that we need to get out, that things need to change, that our president is just as responsible for the slaughter over there as Saddam is.

So get over my word choice and take into consideration that yes I do think for myself and you can stop accusing me of jumping on the I Hate Bush bandwagon.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Korzic » 11/11/2006, 11:59 am

myownsatellite wrote:
Korzic wrote:If you can honestly say to yourself that you were also against the war in Afghanistan then I'll concede ground. There is no difference between it and the current situation in Iraq. I don't want a response to this. I'd rather you answer yorself honestly in your own mind. I don't care if you did and you want to delude yourself and the rest of us that you didn't. Don't answer me, answer yourself. Because if you DID support it and nowsay that Bush is a mass murderer, does this not border on blatent hypocrisy?

I answered myself a long time before you asked me that question. And I'm answering you because I want to. Yes, I was against the war in Afghanistan. I am against war in all forms. I think it's disgusting, I don't think it should be happening. I don't think that people need to kill each other to solve their problems. I don't think governments should attack other countries for resources or because they feel like it. I don't think there should be wars over religion. I don't think there should be wars over territory. I think it's all shit.

Excellent. But look at all those that thought that Afghanistan was the right thing to do, and all they do is grow a few poppies and some forests of grass.

I don't see how you could possibly think I'm someone who just jumps on a bandwagon just because I say I hate Bush and the war in Iraq. How does that mean that I am incapable of independent thought?

It doesn't, but your word choice is all I have to go on.

I went to a very liberal college, where I was surrounded by politics and human rights and the constant need to think for YOURSELF.

I'm not really sure what you're emphasising here but it would appear that you are suggesting that I lack the ability to think for myself and instead am a propaganda machine which spits out generic answers which the Government has told me to. That is my impression.

I learned that my opinion and my beliefs matter and that if I want change I need to stand up for it. Which is why I tell people that this war is stupid, that we need to get out, that things need to change, that our president is just as responsible for the slaughter over there as Saddam is.

Different master, same result. I agree

So get over my word choice and take into consideration that yes I do think for myself and you can stop accusing me of jumping on the I Hate Bush bandwagon.

Its the internet. I don't have anything to go on but your word choice... I can't exactly base your argument off your voice tone now can I? Pick your words more carefully.
Korzic

Postby Neil » 11/11/2006, 2:43 pm

Henrietta wrote:They took it by a whole 1%. And there are some swingers in there too.

*Pats* It'll be ok.......a swinger is better than....ewww I don't even wanna finish. I don't hate you for being republican. :P
Neil

Postby myownsatellite » 11/11/2006, 7:45 pm

Korzic wrote:
I went to a very liberal college, where I was surrounded by politics and human rights and the constant need to think for YOURSELF.

I'm not really sure what you're emphasising here but it would appear that you are suggesting that I lack the ability to think for myself and instead am a propaganda machine which spits out generic answers which the Government has told me to. That is my impression.

Um, no, that was me telling you that I am perfectly capable of independent thought. I never once mentioned you, nor did I imply that you were a propaganda machine. I seriously have no idea how you got that from me stating that I went to a college that encouraged free thought.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Henrietta » 11/11/2006, 8:53 pm

Well I got the same thing.

I am not sure exactly how going to a liberal college forces you to think for yourself any more than a conservative college. I think it's more of an internal thing. You can conform no matter what party is dominant in your surroundings.

I go to a very conservative college. I also think for myself.

Don't worry Neil, I don't hate YOU because you're a Democrat ;)
Henrietta

Postby Neil » 11/12/2006, 10:21 am

Henrietta wrote:Don't worry Neil, I don't hate YOU because you're a Democrat ;)

Well, ya best not.

Besides....deep down I've noticed myself more toward the "middle" than I try to show. :P
Neil

Postby Henrietta » 11/12/2006, 1:19 pm

I think that's true with all of us.

I'm not about to jump on the Bush Bashing Bandwagon (better known as the BBB), but I can't say that I've been perfectly happy with him. I'm definitely not the most conservative out there. Although I beat ya'll by a long shot!
Henrietta

Postby Locobone » 11/13/2006, 1:56 am

Here's something slightly off topic, yet kind of on topic, but....ah hell, it's just an interesting link:

http://www.aliveinbaghdad.org/
Locobone

Postby Neil » 11/15/2006, 9:24 am

Henrietta wrote:I think that's true with all of us.

I'm not about to jump on the Bush Bashing Bandwagon (better known as the BBB), but I can't say that I've been perfectly happy with him. I'm definitely not the most conservative out there. Although I beat ya'll by a long shot!

Can I be the freakin chairman for the BBB, por favor?
Neil

Postby redneck_bill » 11/16/2006, 6:40 pm

myownsatellite wrote:...half this redneck population thinks the war is right, legal and just.

Guilty* :D

*I don't really know or care if it's legal. I agree that it's right so its legality is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

"Hang Bush" what a foolish thing to say. Sounds like some of Raine's rhetorical drivel.

I think it's a pity that we have to hang a man but we can't ignore his crimes. It wouldn't hurt to pray for him, if you're a religious type. Don't just do it to be reightious, just pray that he repent and for his soul....that sort of thing. Extending compassion to those who don't deserve it is one of the things that makes us better than people like him.

But definitly hang him. I've heard people say keep him alive, hold his life ransom to blackmail the insurgency, spare him to prevent a violent backlash...hogwash. We can't allow justice to be impeded by threats of violence. I don't think there will be an uproar when he's killed. I predicted there wouldn't be one if he was condmened and there wasn't.
"The summer's comin' back..."
redneck_bill

Postby xjsb125 » 11/16/2006, 7:12 pm

That's the most contradictory post ever.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Rusty » 11/17/2006, 7:17 pm

redneck_bill wrote:But definitly hang him. I've heard people say keep him alive, hold his life ransom to blackmail the insurgency, spare him to prevent a violent backlash...hogwash. We can't allow justice to be impeded by threats of violence.

Isn't it funny how you say justice shouldn't be impeded by threats of violence when your idea of justice is merely more violence?

Queens Of The Stone Age-Someone's In The Wolf

Once you're lost in twillights's blue
You don't find your way, the way finds you...

Tempt the fates, beware the smile
It hides all the teeth, my dear,
What's behind them...

So glad you could stay
Forever

He steps between the trees, a crooked man
There's blood on the blade
Don't take his hand

You warm by the firelight, in twilight's blue
Shadows creep & dance the walls
He's creeping too..

So glad you could stay
Forever

Image <----------------- click and listen!
Rusty
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Henrietta » 11/24/2006, 12:29 am

Justice sometimes requires harsh things. Killing someone who has killed so many is justice. What is a better punishment?

I agree with Matt^^, that post was highly contradictory. Either you want him hanged, or you don't.
Henrietta

Postby saman » 12/30/2006, 8:04 am

saman

PreviousNext