ClumsyMonkey.net

OFFICE

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Axtech » 5/20/2007, 9:50 am

:GASP: :GASP: :GASP:

school be damned, download that episode now!
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby half jill » 5/20/2007, 3:01 pm

haha, i thought that said "alcohol be damned..." at first glance. i was like o_o
i think i n eed more sleep!
half jill
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Henrietta » 5/20/2007, 4:05 pm

The Office always took precidence over school for me! :P
Henrietta

Postby AnnieDreams » 5/20/2007, 5:46 pm

but... IB exams! scary and international-like!
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Postby Henrietta » 5/20/2007, 7:10 pm

No excuses young lady!
Henrietta

Postby AnnieDreams » 5/24/2007, 12:50 pm

OMG
AnnieDreams

Postby Axtech » 5/24/2007, 1:29 pm

finally watched it? :D
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.

Axtech

Postby AnnieDreams » 5/24/2007, 6:56 pm

Yes!
AnnieDreams

Postby faninor » 5/29/2007, 12:04 pm

Summer sucks. Gimme new episodes!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Random Name » 5/29/2007, 12:49 pm

You don't need new episodes. Just watch the old one's again. Just as good.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby faninor » 5/29/2007, 12:54 pm

But Jim freaking left Karen in New York to go see Pam and then Ryan and not her got the job at corporate! I want to see what happens!

Plus my DVDs of season 1 and 2 are in Oregon right now. Good call though, when I'm back in Oregon I'll pack them into the stuff that I bring with me right away when I move.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby AnnieDreams » 5/29/2007, 1:33 pm

Yeah, wasn't he her ride back? She's stranded!
AnnieDreams

Postby Henrietta » 5/29/2007, 2:02 pm

I'm sure she's capable of catching a taxi or something.
Henrietta

Postby faninor » 5/29/2007, 3:02 pm

AnnieDreams wrote:Yeah, wasn't he her ride back? She's stranded!

She's stranded and still working in Scranton. I'm pretty sure that Jim thought Karen would be getting the job... I just can't wait to find out what happened next. :mrgreen:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby AnnieDreams » 10/2/2007, 7:02 pm

Did anyone catch the "what the office did over summer" video on the site?
awesomie.
AnnieDreams

Postby Henrietta » 10/2/2007, 10:32 pm

I thought that was great too. The Ryan clip was my favorite. I think I dated a black girl!

Oh man, the season premiere was awesomeness.
Henrietta

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 10/3/2007, 8:00 pm

pb & j!!!
xoNoDoubt69
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Axtech » 10/5/2007, 1:28 am

tonight's episode was kind of ... meh. It was funny (hilarious in parts), but it also got really weird and a lot of things just seemed out of place and out of character.

I've got a few complaints about the season thus far, to be honest.

1. I'll admit it, I miss Season 2. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Jim and Pam are together. But what happened to them having fun in the office aside from making sarcastic comments? Two episodes into the season and not one prank on Dwight? They should be planning elaborate pranks after work! haha

2. I also miss old Pam. Fancy new Beesley just seems TOO outgoing and happy. Yes, I know that last season was all about her transition and coming out of her shell. However, it's like she's a completely different person now. Ideally, I'd love to see her be this outgoing and happy when interacting with Jim, but she should still be quiet and frustrated when dealing with Michael. I want more long pauses filled with tension and disgust as she tries to figure out how to react to whatever Michael's doing.

3. Everything seems to be so FAST. I was hoping that with the hour-long episodes for the first four weeks we'd be getting some major awkward pauses and nearly-painful moments ala Season 1. But they're packing SO MUCH into each episode that even the dialogue seems sped up.

4. Michael. What is going on with Michael? He was never this ... stupid before. He was annoying. He was PAINFUL to be around. He was inappropriate, offensive, and awkward like nobody's business. But there's a big difference between the stupidity of, say, stepping on a george forman grill, and driving a rented car into a lake. He could obviously see the lake. He had more than enough time to stop. Even Michael wouldn't do that. Same with going to take back the gift basket. Would Michael take gift baskets to win back customers who left months ago? Absolutely. But the episode just got weirder and weirder with these too far-out plot points.

Having said that, I'm still enjoying the season so far. I've laughed my ass off and been genuinely impressed with some of the writing. I just really hope that once they've established the new season they get back into the grove of highlighting the unintended hilarity of life in a mundane job. The appeal of the show has always been it's reality - sometimes to the point of being TOO real. But in the interest of avoiding getting into a rut, it seems that they're stretching the boundaries a bit too far. I just hope they pull back a bit...

Fun Run was a lot of fun, and a good start to the season, but not one of my favourite episodes.
Dunder Mifflin Infinity was decent. It was funny, as always, but it's probably one of my least favourite episodes so far. Of course, it's still the Office, so that ranking needs to be kept in perspective. haha

EDIT: I should mention that I realize that I'm being pretty picky here. These aren't like "omg I'm gonna stop watching the show!!!1" points ... these are just things that I've noticed that are ... less than perfect :P
- -

Axtech

Postby Henrietta » 10/6/2007, 10:55 am

I agree. I thought the first episode was incredibly odd and Michael was just as embarrassing as at Phyliss's wedding or the corporate dinner party. But the last episode didn't do much for me either. My mom and I both looked at eachother after like, "I want my Office back!" I could NOT believe that Michael drove that car into the lake. He may have always been dim, but never stupid enough that he would do something so obvious.
Henrietta

Postby faninor » 10/6/2007, 4:01 pm

I thought taking back the gift baskets was really weird -- that came out of nowhere for me and I'm not sure why they did that. I loved that he followed the GPS right into the lake though.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

PreviousNext