ClumsyMonkey.net

Hey Fritz! Hitler plays with dolls!

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Hey Fritz! Hitler plays with dolls!

Postby Johnny » 6/14/2006, 10:22 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199414,00.html

MILLARD, Wisconsin — A retired farmer who says he served in a branch of a German paramilitary unit in World War II is turning some of his property into a memorial to Adolf Hitler.

Ted Junker, 87, says his goal is to clear up inaccuracies about the war and Hitler's role in it. He disputes that Hitler was to blame for starting the war in which 50 million people died, including roughly 6 million Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

"I like the U.S.," Junker told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for a Wednesday story. "I can't understand why people don't know the truth. This is for understanding, not hate."

But many residents and others are objecting to the memorial, a concrete structure nestled on the side of a tree-lined hill overlooking a pond, which Junker said cost $200,000 to build.

"I'd say he's full of bull," said the Rev. John Donnelly, a professor of history at Marquette University.

"I'm sure he looks back and wants to say that he was not serving a super evil man, the most evil man in (the 20th century)," Donnelly said. "He's looking for some kind of personal sense of redemption, and I don't think he can be taken seriously at all."

Kathy Heilbronner, assistant director of the Milwaukee Jewish Council for Community Relations, described Junker as a classic Holocaust denier.

"In making these assertions, he's deliberately choosing to ignore the overwhelming volume of everything that supports every aspect of the Holocaust," Heilbronner said.

Junker, who was born in Germany and lived in Romania during Hitler's rise to power, said he volunteered to join the German Waffen-SS in 1940 and served in Russia.

The Waffen-SS was the fighting branch of the Nazi party's dreaded paramilitary unit, the Schutzstaffel. Commonly known as the SS, the unit acted as a special police force and was involved in some of the worst crimes committed in territory under Nazi control during World War II.

Better equipped than regular army troops, the Waffen-SS was used notably to secure Nazi-occupied areas and to combat partisans or other opposition forces. They also fought on the front lines next to regular army troops.

Junker came to the United States in 1955 and worked as a janitor in Chicago. He bought his farm in Wisconsin's Walworth County 43 years ago.

Michael Cotter, the county's deputy corporation counsel and director of land use and resource management, said Junker had proposed an elaborate Hitler memorial and information center in 2001. That proposal called for 20 rooms, a 300-seat meeting hall and a radio station. But after visiting the site for the first time on Monday, Cotter said there is not much to see.

"I was expecting to see Lugers, uniforms, helmets and pictures — a museum. I don't think it's a museum, but I don't think it's a storage shed, either," he said.

Local officials are worried about the attention the memorial will draw.

"He's just a mixed up old man," said Sugar Creek Town Chairman Loren Waite.

Waite, who is worried about the attention the memorial is attracting for the town, said Junker told local officials he was going to build a tractor shed, not a Hitler memorial, and he has not applied for a conditional-use permit he would need for the venture.

"As long as it was just on his (farm), that was one thing, but now that he's gone public, we're afraid of what's going to happen here," Waite said.

The memorial is slated to the public on June 25.

Discuss.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby LifeRiot » 6/15/2006, 5:21 am

Junker is shockingly idiotic. He makes Tom Cruises view on Scientology look like we really have alien ghosts in us from a universal holocaust by a galactic Hitler.
LifeRiot

Postby Axtech » 6/15/2006, 7:36 am

you're so glib.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby LifeRiot » 6/15/2006, 11:56 am

There are two different meanings to that word, but I am leaning on the bad glib.
LifeRiot

Postby Axtech » 6/15/2006, 12:18 pm

haha, I was just making fun of Cruise.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech

Postby LifeRiot » 6/15/2006, 12:26 pm

Oh gotcha, yeah Cruise use to be cool as hell, then he got corrupted by Xenu and his galactic SS.
LifeRiot

Postby redneck_bill » 10/12/2006, 8:47 pm

Top Gun = best movie evar. :D:D:D
"The summer's comin' back..."
redneck_bill

Postby LifeRiot » 10/15/2006, 4:31 pm

redneck_bill wrote:Top Gun = best movie evar. :D:D:D

I dunno about that haha. The wardrobe for this film must have consisted of a towel, a jump suit, and 50 pages of gay innuendo, because the rest of the time Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer were walking around naked eyeing each other's packages. Then as if the director didn't think all the high-fiving and shower scenes were suggestive enough, there was a gratuitous scene in which all the guys got oiled up and played volleyball. Every few minutes I half-expected to see Cruise and Kilmer lock lips to a ballad of "It's Raining Men:"
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby menomena » 10/17/2006, 4:31 pm

For some reason, I thought you said you expected to see Cruise and Kilmer getting "balled." That would be entirely on point too, which is sad.

Nothing more soothing than the sound of balls slapping taint.
menomena
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby LifeRiot » 10/17/2006, 7:34 pm

Jellybones wrote:For some reason, I thought you said you expected to see Cruise and Kilmer getting "balled." That would be entirely on point too, which is sad.

Nothing more soothing than the sound of balls slapping taint.

Balled probably too, Tom Cruise is pretty strange.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot