ClumsyMonkey.net

flooding

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

flooding

Postby Olp_waited » 5/16/2006, 12:17 am

Yea, so I live in NH, and in October of last year Keene got flooded, and now every county in NH besides Coos is getting emeregency warnings. Monday and Tuesday of my school is cancelled, and they say we are still going to get more rain(e). St.Pauls school in Concord, a boarding school, set the 530 kids home for the year two weeks early, because of all the flooding.
I was actually thinking that someone must not like the US because of all the natural disasters(Katrina, NH two floodings, the tornados...)
Anyone else wanna add in their natural disaster of the year?
this is my town:

Image[/img]
Olp_waited

Postby Korzic » 5/16/2006, 7:02 am

My insurance company doesn't cover flooding in its Home and Contents policy supposedly but if it happens we cover it anyways.

Adding to natural disasters. Cyclone Larry obliterated this years banana crops. NO more bananas for us for this year anyways.

Cyclone Monica trashed Darwin.

Cyclone <insert name here> trashed <insert tropical coastal community here>

We're in the middle of a 1 in 100 year drought. A few months back, 92% of my state was declared to be in drought.

Ummm yeah list goes on.

Natural disasters are just God's way of saying "I can kick yo ass anytime I like"
Korzic

Postby _old_lady_peace » 5/16/2006, 8:26 pm

Korzic wrote:Natural disasters are just God's way of saying "I can kick yo ass anytime I like"

:lol:
<b><3</b> Katie! ~ proud member of the anti-milk alliance

<b> "well i'm not sleeping, you're not here"</b><br>

"and the lonliness leads to bad dreams, and the <b>bad dreams lead me to calling you</b>, and i call you and say...<i>come here</i>"
_old_lady_peace

Re: flooding

Postby Bandalero » 5/16/2006, 9:48 pm

Olp_waited wrote:Yea, so I live in NH, and in October of last year Keene got flooded, and now every county in NH besides Coos is getting emeregency warnings. Monday and Tuesday of my school is cancelled, and they say we are still going to get more rain(e). St.Pauls school in Concord, a boarding school, set the 530 kids home for the year two weeks early, because of all the flooding.
I was actually thinking that someone must not like the US because of all the natural disasters(Katrina, NH two floodings, the tornados...)
Anyone else wanna add in their natural disaster of the year?

katrina was more of an engineering disaster that anything.
Whenever death may surprise us,
let it be welcome
if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear
and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero