ClumsyMonkey.net

NO scientific basis for official theory of tower collapse.

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Korzic » 5/27/2006, 9:13 am

Axtech wrote:"People are stupid. They will believe anything they want to be true or fear to be true. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Which of course flows both ways :)
Korzic

Postby Korzic » 5/27/2006, 11:18 am

starvingeyes wrote:throwing people off is unneccessary.

as i'm sure you are now aware, the population will go through unbelievable lengths to believe everything the government says.

People will also go through unbelieveable lengths to believe everything the government says is a lie too.
Korzic

Postby starvingeyes » 5/27/2006, 11:44 am

Korzic wrote:People will also go through unbelieveable lengths to believe everything the government says is a lie too.

why? doing so is usually unneccessary, as is the case here.
starvingeyes
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Korzic » 5/27/2006, 12:10 pm

starvingeyes wrote:
Korzic wrote:People will also go through unbelieveable lengths to believe everything the government says is a lie too.

why? doing so is usually unneccessary, as is the case here.

You validate my argument so nicely. But if you believe that everything the govt says is a lie. Run for government and change it.
Last edited by Korzic on 5/27/2006, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korzic

Postby starvingeyes » 5/27/2006, 1:14 pm

no. i reject the political process of democracy on the basis that it is irrational, illogical, unjust and unreasonable.
starvingeyes

Postby Axtech » 5/27/2006, 3:33 pm

Korzic wrote:
Axtech wrote:"People are stupid. They will believe anything they want to be true or fear to be true. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Which of course flows both ways :)

yes, and that's why it's paramount that one analyzes facts available and bases their beliefs on the facts, rather than believing a given story without any backup.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Korzic » 5/27/2006, 7:07 pm

starvingeyes wrote:no. i reject the political process of democracy on the basis that it is irrational, illogical, unjust and unreasonable.

So, if I get this statement straight. You think a popular elect leadership is a load of hogswash, fair enough. Leading this further and on the basis of the words you used, I think it would be a fair conclusion that you would find any form of democratic government to be disingenuous. Is there a process you'd prefer instead?
Korzic

Postby xjsb125 » 5/27/2006, 7:15 pm

Abolishment of government if memory serves correctly.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby starvingeyes » 5/29/2006, 11:26 am

government of the mind, as in, self rule.
starvingeyes

Postby Korzic » 5/31/2006, 5:09 am

Ummm... as in anarachy? Self rule doesn't work too well. In fact self rule cannot work while we still have individuality. Which is needed for self rule, which can't work with it. You haven't thought that one through too well.
**EDIT**

Unless you have a love to live in utter chaos without anyform of functionality. Then I agree that anarchy works but for arguments sake, for any form of normal life, anarchy an unfeasible, nonsensical and unworkable.
Last edited by Korzic on 5/31/2006, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korzic

Postby nelison » 5/31/2006, 7:44 am

cue the debate over anarchism... If this one gets good I might jump in lol
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby xjsb125 » 5/31/2006, 6:41 pm

This will make for some good reading and debating. Everyone do their homework! :D
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby starvingeyes » 5/31/2006, 7:03 pm

Korzic wrote:Ummm... as in anarachy? Self rule doesn't work too well. In fact self rule cannot work while we still have individuality. Which is needed for self rule, which can't work with it. You haven't thought that one through too well.
**EDIT**

Unless you have a love to live in utter chaos without anyform of functionality. Then I agree that anarchy works but for arguments sake, for any form of normal life, anarchy an unfeasible, nonsensical and unworkable.

i haven't thought it through too well?

quite an assertion. are you sure?
what do you know about self government that leads you to make these claims?

edit for spelling
starvingeyes

Postby Korzic » 6/1/2006, 4:03 am

starvingeyes wrote:
Korzic wrote:Ummm... as in anarachy? Self rule doesn't work too well. In fact self rule cannot work while we still have individuality. Which is needed for self rule, which can't work with it. You haven't thought that one through too well.
**EDIT**

i haven't thought it through too well?

quite an assertion. are you sure?
what do you know about self government that leads you to make these claims?

edit for spelling

Before I go any further I'd like you to clarify just how far you take self governance. Are we talking on an individual level or as large as a self governing city?

**EDIT**

And for the sake of the debate, I want to at least make sure everyone is on the same page. My definition of self governance is the total abolition of law and order and leaving everyone to do as they please essentially. This imo is true self governance. OF course you can have forms of self governance within professions and corporations and the like ie Hyppocratic Oath. And organised crime is usually referred to as self governing because as a collective they have their own laws which they hold their members to which are not what society dictates. However, judging from your past comments (correct me if I'm wrong) you oppose any form of democratic process which is usually how the leaders of any self governing body are chosen (which means you aren't self governing). Which leads us back to square 1. BUt I'd like to hear your defintion first or rather at least your interpretation of it. This way we can all have fun and debate.
Korzic

Previous