ClumsyMonkey.net

Zacarias Moussaoui

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Zacarias Moussaoui

Postby Neil » 5/4/2006, 8:36 am

So....the clown is heading to the "Supermax" in Colorado to serve the life sentence he was issued.

Is that what he deserved? Did he deserve the death penalty?

Discuss.....
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Axtech » 5/4/2006, 8:44 am

Assuming that he actually was involved, there's no way that he should have gotten the death penalty. It's something I don't agree with at all. It's immoral, immature and uncivilized.

Plus the fact that killing someone who was willing to die for their cause anyways is not punishment, and is actually entirely pointless. It's like giving somebody the death penalty for attempted suicide.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Neil » 5/4/2006, 8:55 am

Axtech wrote:Assuming that he actually was involved, there's no way that he should have gotten the death penalty. It's something I don't agree with at all. It's immoral, immature and uncivilized.

Plus the fact that killing someone who was willing to die for their cause anyways is not punishment, and is actually entirely pointless. It's like giving somebody the death penalty for attempted suicide.

Agreed.....if he's going to serve a life sentence, there is nothing better than the Supermax in Colorado.

Solitary confinement....

They just said on Fox News that on his way out of the courtroom, he said something to the effect of........that he'll be released from prison by the time G.W. leaves office.

He's loving the attention, I think.
Neil

Postby Bandalero » 5/4/2006, 10:32 pm

He would have been killed in TexAs. he should have been killed in TexAs. fuckin new yorkers, can't do shit right.
Whenever death may surprise us,
let it be welcome
if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear
and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero

Postby Axtech » 5/5/2006, 2:52 pm

MG's take on it:

Matthew Good @ www.thoughtmechanics.com wrote:There’s been a lot of attention given the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, which I have found quite strange truth be told. Having been sentenced to life in prison yesterday, today, after Moussaoui produced the typical outburst that one might expect from someone stupid enough to purchase into the warped ideology of a man such as Osama Bin Laden, judge Leonie Brinkema commented “You will spend the rest of your life in a supermax prison. It’s absolutely clear who won.”.

I couldn’t agree more.

First and foremost, it’s clear that the Saudis won. The majority of those involved in the 9/11 plot were Saudis, Bin Laden included, yet the United States has done nothing to hold that country accountable [1]. In fact, the Bush administration has gone to fantastic lengths to protect the Saudis from 9/11 related condemnation. The majority of foreign fighters in Iraq are also Saudis, who belong to groups such as that of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who comprise less than 6% of the insurgency.

Second, it’s clear that al Qaeda won. Moussaoui’s trial was nothing but the show trial of a peon used to placate the battered pride of a polarized nation. The figureheads of al Qaeda, Bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahri, remain free, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who has been held by the US in secret facilities since 2003, has not appeared publicly or been officially charged under the laws of the United States with regards to 9/11.

Third, the damage done the civil liberties of Americans, to US global integrity, and future generations of Americans financially is vast, and, in some cases, irreversible. It will take a considerable amount of time to repair the damage done by the Wolfowitz doctrine, even if a preemptive, unilateralist foreign policy platform is abandoned by the next administration.

Moussaoui may spend the rest of his life in prison, but haven’t most Americans been living in one since 9/11? If anything, they should seriously question the actions taken by this administration with regards to Iraq and how it was sold them as part and parcel of the now ubiquitous ‘War On Terror’. As if the tragedy of 9/11 wasn’t enough, why have the American people allowed it to be compounded by the lies of opportunists in Washington who have capitalized on it more than those who perpetrated it?

[1] “…if you harbor a terrorist, if you feed a terrorist, if you hide a terrorist, you’re just as guilty as the terrorist.” – George W. Bush, Atlanta Mariott Marquis, Atlanta, Georgia, January 2002.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech

Postby Neil » 5/6/2006, 1:08 pm

Bandalero wrote: fuckin new yorkers, can't do shit right.

What's New York got to do with this???????
Neil

Postby pit_girl1 » 5/6/2006, 1:14 pm

Axtech wrote:Assuming that he actually was involved, there's no way that he should have gotten the death penalty. It's something I don't agree with at all. It's immoral, immature and uncivilized.

Amen.
~Hannah

Let the bare feet be the last sounds that they hear...

(yes, I have succumbed to the addiction that is last.fm)
pit_girl1

Postby starvingeyes » 5/7/2006, 1:37 pm

a kangaroo court with a man who in all likelihood is either a government plant, or under an incredible amount of duress.

this "trial" was nothing more than a public spectacle to show due process while actually wantonly ignoring it. ironic, really.
starvingeyes
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Bandalero » 5/7/2006, 5:03 pm

Go Down Fighting wrote:
Bandalero wrote: fuckin new yorkers, can't do shit right.

What's New York got to do with this???????

easy, your court system made his trial a carnival.

in TexAs, it would have been quick, just, and without alot of media BS. case in point...the enron trial, not big in the media.
let it be welcome

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero

Postby myownsatellite » 5/7/2006, 5:06 pm

...And now all the taxpayers get to pay for his upkeep for the rest of his life. How pleasant :)
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 5/9/2006, 6:21 am

Bandalero wrote:easy, your court system made his trial a carnival.

in TexAs, it would have been quick, just, and without alot of media BS. case in point...the enron trial, not big in the media.

Easy?? WTF.....the trial was in Virginia. :wtf:

Just because Texas has the friggen "express lane" for death penalty's doesn't mean the trial would've gone any smoother.

Besides......the dumbfuck motioned to have his guilty plea removed, because he claims he fabricated the entire story.

And Enron? Dude, I was hearing about that garbage everyday that I turned on Fox News or MSNBC. Just because something happens in the U.S.'s "Mexico" doesn't mean it doesn't get publicity.
Neil

Postby starvingeyes » 5/9/2006, 12:29 pm

he did fabricate the entire story, likely while being tortured.

it is impossible for this man to have had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks because he is not a member of the US government and apparently not working with them.
starvingeyes

Postby bovine » 5/9/2006, 9:03 pm

myownsatellite wrote:...And now all the taxpayers get to pay for his upkeep for the rest of his life. How pleasant :)

Better than having them pay MORE money to go through the appeal process. It costs more money to sentence someone to death than it does to keep them imprisoned for the rest of their life. Death sentences are costly, and that's one of the more minor reasons I'm opposed to them.
:::troy:::

Brutus is an honorable man
It's just coincidence that oil men will wage war in an oil rich land
And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand
Then gets home and no one flinches when he can't feed his fam...

But Brutus is an honorable man...

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby pit_girl1 » 5/9/2006, 10:57 pm

bovine wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:...And now all the taxpayers get to pay for his upkeep for the rest of his life. How pleasant :)

Better than having them pay MORE money to go through the appeal process. It costs more money to sentence someone to death than it does to keep them imprisoned for the rest of their life. Death sentences are costly, and that's one of the more minor reasons I'm opposed to them.

Exactly.
~Hannah

Let the bare feet be the last sounds that they hear...

(yes, I have succumbed to the addiction that is last.fm)
pit_girl1

Postby Bandalero » 5/10/2006, 10:11 pm

Go Down Fighting wrote:
Bandalero wrote:easy, your court system made his trial a carnival.

Easy?? WTF.....the trial was in Virginia. :wtf:

Just because Texas has the friggen "express lane" for death penalty's doesn't mean the trial would've gone any smoother.

Besides......the dumbfuck motioned to have his guilty plea removed, because he claims he fabricated the entire story.

And Enron? Dude, I was hearing about that garbage everyday that I turned on Fox News or MSNBC. Just because something happens in the U.S.'s "Mexico" doesn't mean it doesn't get publicity.

The whole justice system in TexAs is an 'express lane'. you'll only hear about the death sentances being carried out because well that's news to you. Yeah, the whole Enron thing was big, but the trial itself isn't making grand headlines everyday like say the scott peterson trial, or OJ or this clown.

Andrea yates also changed her plea, and the trial was still timely.
let it be welcome

Bandalero