ClumsyMonkey.net

I need advice!! (Urgent)

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Should I have Mr. MaCool arrested? (Please read entire story first)

Yes. Animal cruelty IS what it is. He deserves to be arrested.
92%
No. Give the guy another chance. Besides, it didn't occur near your property.
No votes
Honestly, I'm not sure how I'd feel.
8%

Total votes : 25

I need advice!! (Urgent)

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:11 pm

MMkay....here's the skinny.

While driving up my my best friend (Ken)'s driveway alongside him and his father, I turned my head to the right (toward their shitty neighbors yard) and I noticed the purported "man of the house" beating the living SHIT out of his dog (a german shepard) with what appeared to be a green, five gallon bucket.

I immediately shouted at him from the window.....and once the truck came to a hault, I ran down the driveway where I came into visual contact with Mr. MaCool.

Him and I exchanged words....and I made certain not to leave Ken's property, as he did the same (not leaving his property). He repeatedly threatened me, even though my only concern was the dog. He kept saying stupid shit like "c'mon over here you little fucker." and "I'll beat your ass with this bucket" I asked him why he was even smacking his dog like that in the first place, and the asshole's response was "The dog's tearing up my shit!"

Needless to say, I haven't been able to shake the image of the dog. Curled up near the fetal position, yet howling like I've never heard a dog cry before. I noticed Mr. MaCool strike the dog at LEAST five times. Could've been more, but I'm not sure.

I contacted our county ASPCA Officer and he eventually showed up at my friend Ken's house, and took a deposition from me. He told me that based on the information that I gave, he was already in position that if I told him "YES", he could go ahead and arrest him.

Now.....fact is, this incident happened on my friend Ken's property. Well, his parents' property. However, because I witnessed the incident I had every right to make the final decision.

Ken kept telling me to just have the Officer give Mr. MaCool a stern warning, but at the same time..........I feel a stern warning isn't going to teach the asshole ANYTHING. My friend Ken's family has had trouble with him ever since they bought the house six years ago. Honestly, I personally feel like he should be arrested.

I still have time.....at the time that I was giving the written deposition to the Officer, Mr. MaCool was not home. The officer told me that he would contact me once they were able to come in contact with Mr. MaCool...

I'm having second thoughts. I almost think I want him arrested. What would you do? I believe I still have time.....
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:17 pm

Note: To show the type of man this guy is.....I have to prior incidents that occured with Mr. MaCool.

1. Last summer, he flipped out on Ken (my friend) because he apparently mowed a bit too much lawn, and supposedly mowed several "feet" of Mr. MaCools property. He repeated called Ken an "ignorant little bastard" and also stated that if he caught Ken's ass near his property again he would "beat Ken into a bloody mess"

2. Last summer, while we were all in Maine for a wedding.....a mutual friend of ours (female) kept an eye on the house, and watered Ken's parents' flowers a couple of days while we were gone. Mr. MaCool approached her during one of her visits because he didn't appreciate how apparently "fast" she drove up the driveway. (The driveway isn't his, its Ken's parents' driveway). He called her a "dirty little cunt" and said "if you know what's good for you, you'll leave without saying a word"
Neil

Postby nelison » 4/18/2006, 2:19 pm

arrest him. Odds are if he's done it once, he's done it before and he'll do it again. AT least it'll get the dog into a safe environment.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby thirdhour » 4/18/2006, 2:19 pm

you're totally in a hard place there because it wasn't at your house. chances are if this guy decides to retaliate, he'll take out his rage on your friend's family, because he doesn't know you.

i dont know...good luck man.
thirdhour
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:22 pm

J-Neli wrote:arrest him. Odds are if he's done it once, he's done it before and he'll do it again. AT least it'll get the dog into a safe environment.

You make a good point....thing is, this family has gone through dogs (seriously) in the five years I've been friends with the family.....faster than I go through socks. It's rediculous.

Mr. MaCool doesn't have a job. I honestly think he makes some sort of income off dogs.

But....my view is that there is a fine line between discipline on your bet, or cruelty.

What pisses me off.....is that upon me and Ken leaving the house in one car, and Ken's father leaving in his truck. Mr. MaCool approached Ken's dad and asked a bunch of questions about me: whats my name, age, address, phone number, where do I work, etc. That information is none of this asshole's business.
Neil

Postby Random Name » 4/18/2006, 2:22 pm

Fuck that. Get the guy arrested. He's given you no reason not to. The guy is beating an animal, threatening you and the property owner, and sexually harassing people. Is there any arguement on why he doesn't deserve it? What a fucking douchebag.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:23 pm

thirdhour wrote:you're totally in a hard place there because it wasn't at your house. chances are if this guy decides to retaliate, he'll take out his rage on your friend's family, because he doesn't know you.

i dont know...good luck man.

I know, Yannic. That's exactly how I'm feeling. But now.....that I've had time to think about this (this happened at just after 4pm YESTERDAY) all I can think about is the dog. Not anybody else's welfare.
I keep thinkin that at least.....if Mr. MaCool is arrested, and charged with animal cruelty, at least the animals will be taken away........and he will not be able to own any more animals for a set period of time.
Neil

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:25 pm

Random Name wrote:Fuck that. Get the guy arrested. He's given you no reason not to. The guy is beating an animal, threatening you and the property owner, and sexually harassing people. Is there any arguement on why he doesn't deserve it? What a fucking douchebag.

You make a good point calling him a "fucking douchebag" because that's exactly what I called him a solid three times while we were arguing. Everytime he threatened me I kept saying "Dude, I don't even know you" "You're a fucking douchebag dude" and "You're such a man.....seriously"[/b]
Neil

Postby thirdhour » 4/18/2006, 2:26 pm

True. And if he's got it on his criminal record, he might be a little hesitant to do something that might get him arrested again.
thirdhour

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:28 pm

thirdhour wrote:True. And if he's got it on his criminal record, he might be a little hesitant to do something that might get him arrested again.

Right....as far as his criminal record I have NO idea. I have been told, in the past, by people who know his wife (she's a DJ for our local radio station) and these people have told me that they swear he beats her.

I definitely feel this guy does have a temper. I'm still on the fence, but I feel like giving this guy another chance is just a "cop out" by me because I've always been so against animal cruelty.

I'm one person that believes animal cruelty should carry more serious charges than they already do.
Neil

Postby Random Name » 4/18/2006, 2:34 pm

I still don't think there is absolutely any reason not to.
I mean it would be different if your friends parents were like friends with him or something but if he just gives people shit all day and they don't even like him then just turn the guy in.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name

Postby saman » 4/18/2006, 2:36 pm

if the guy beats his dog, then i wouldn't at all be surprised if he also beat his wife.

i think you should have him arrested, because i don't think any other solution will get through to him.
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Bandalero » 4/18/2006, 2:36 pm

he treats people like shit man, he at least deserves some jail time to at the least let him know that he shouldn't be such an ass hole.
Whenever death may surprise us,
let it be welcome
if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear
and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero

Postby Johnny » 4/18/2006, 2:37 pm

Neil, have him arrested. Its a simple as that.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby beautiful liar » 4/18/2006, 2:38 pm

I think you should get him arrested, because obviously animal cruelty is only one of this guy's offenses, but probably the only one he'll get called on. He deserves what's coming to him, and it would be injustice if you let him get away with what he's doing. The poor dog can't stand up for himself. I wouldn't concern yourself too much with retaliation, because a) he'll have proof that you're serious and don't give in to his intimidation, and b) you'll have the law on your side if he does do anything to retaliate.

It's your decision though, and it's definitely not a light one to make. I wish you luck.
beautiful liar

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:39 pm

saman wrote:if the guy beats his dog, then i wouldn't at all be surprised if he also beat his wife.

I could be wrong.....but wasn't that sorta statistically proven, at some point? :lol:
Or perhaps not proven, but favored....statistically.
Neil

Postby saman » 4/18/2006, 2:40 pm

which is why i said it :P

*remembers old tv commercials*
saman

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:42 pm

beautiful liar wrote: The poor dog can't stand up for himself. I wouldn't concern yourself too much with retaliation, because a) he'll have proof that you're serious and don't give in to his intimidation, and b) you'll have the law on your side if he does do anything to retaliate.

Your points are well taken......this man's a douchebag, perhaps one of the biggest wankers anybody could ever meet.

I'm tossing around the idea for starting an online petitiion to get local radio listeners to stop listening to his wife's radio show. Even though she wasn't directly involved, she stood there and simply watched the whole thing happen. I'm not happy. Her radio name is "Devin Storm" and she's on the air from 10 am to 2pm (Mon. thru Fri.)

I was thinking as the title to the project: "Silence the Storm!" haha
Neil

Postby nelison » 4/18/2006, 2:52 pm

I don't think there is any reason not to do it. Something like this will at least give the cops a reason to keep their eye open, and maybe they'll take the wife in for questioning as well (if there they suspect she's been beaten). I understand that you don't really know what the guy is capable of doing. If he beats his dogs he obviously isn't mentally sound so who knows if he might do something to your friend or his family, but it sounds like where you are has responsible police and they would know if he was a further threat upon interviewing him.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison

Postby Neil » 4/18/2006, 2:55 pm

J-Neli wrote:I don't think there is any reason not to do it. Something like this will at least give the cops a reason to keep their eye open, and maybe they'll take the wife in for questioning as well (if there they suspect she's been beaten). I understand that you don't really know what the guy is capable of doing. If he beats his dogs he obviously isn't mentally sound so who knows if he might do something to your friend or his family, but it sounds like where you are has responsible police and they would know if he was a further threat upon interviewing him.

Good point......thanks for that.

Hmmmmmmmmmmms....
Neil

Next