ClumsyMonkey.net

V for Vendetta

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Joe Cooler » 4/5/2006, 12:53 am

Of course. Ironically, if one were to read the New Testament they would find that the only group of people Jesus really had issues with were the Pharisees. It struck me that if Jesus were alive today, it'd be the Christian fundamentalists he'd rebuke. It seemed Jesus had greater issues with those who perverted Judaism than he had with the alleged sinners the Pharisees so desperately tried to separate themselves from. They same would go for today.

Just an observation.
Joe Cooler

Postby I AM ME » 4/5/2006, 1:20 am

On the same page with you man. I believe Jesus would be disgusted with some of the perversion of his teachings that's going on. And in my opinion to disobey his original teachings IN HIS NAME, is sacrilige.
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

"Pray for the sheep" Matt Good
"But it's alright, take the world and make it yours again" Matt Good

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby Lando » 4/5/2006, 3:19 pm

I dunno, he seemed like a pretty happy go lucky guy usually. He's always winking and giving thumbs up to people.... Oh wait... that was the movie Dogma...

Well, when Judas played by Carl Anderson betrays Jesus in a 1970's rock vibe type of way, all Jesus does is sing to him in a mildly annoyed tone and everyone dances and is jolly!

Oh wait... that was Jesus Christ Superstar....

WOAH! YOU MEAN JESUS WAS REAL!?

I thought he was some Hollywood adaptation.
Last edited by Lando on 4/5/2006, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Joe Cooler » 4/5/2006, 3:21 pm

Oh Dogma.
Joe Cooler

Previous