ClumsyMonkey.net

Canadian Police Recruitment

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Postby Soozy » 4/14/2006, 2:02 am

PS - that's meant to be the main sign you're getting old - when policemen look young.
Open your eyes to nights and days, you close them up and float away
and somehow inbetween you've got to master lying to yourself
you back the cause, get out of school, you get a job, the job gets you
and somehow every day you end up serving somebody else
now if that ain't panic that you're feeling, then you damn well better start
you can drive it into that head of yours with the hammer in your heart.

And it's alriiiiiiiight now, take the world and make it yours again.
Soozy
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby raineshower » 6/21/2006, 6:55 pm

Any updates? Congrats so far!

My brother just recently started working for the Halifax Regional Police as a Constable. The difference in the Atlantic provinces is that you have to go to the Police Academy first. They were a little concerned about his age too (he just turned 23 in April, 3 weeks before he started the job) But they got over it.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away AND have their shoes.

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby Smooke » 6/27/2006, 12:52 am

raineshower wrote:Any updates? Congrats so far!

My brother just recently started working for the Halifax Regional Police as a Constable. The difference in the Atlantic provinces is that you have to go to the Police Academy first. They were a little concerned about his age too (he just turned 23 in April, 3 weeks before he started the job) But they got over it.

Hey, thanks for asking

Well my process ended with Toronto Police beginning of May at the age of 24. I received the dreaded letter stating that I have been deferred for one year, basically for failing the psychological interview, due to looking too young (they didn't tell me the reason in the letter) I have been told from a "reliable" source that it was that reason. So this means I sit on my butt, volunteer and get as much work experience as possible. I'm going to re-apply April 17th, 2007, when I'm eligible. Walk right in, full dress suit and hand my application into Toronto. So I'll be 25. And if I'm lucky ...26 by the time I'm hired. lol Does it piss me off?! of course!! :oops:

But do I give up?

NO!

I have moved to Toronto last month to help rectify the problem, with my girlfriend, in hopes that I get on with Toronto Police. Toronto Police is what I want. I also have tried w/ Halifax but I haven't passed their aptitude test. That made me realize even more that Toronto is where my heart is. And I'm now working in mobile patrol with emerald security and I'm looking to get some volunteer work done with an organization.

But Kudos to your brother, Halifax has a lot of young Police officers!!!
He must be loving it :)

anyways babe,

Talk to ya later
Smooke
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Previous