ClumsyMonkey.net

WWE Superstar Eddie Gurrerro DEAD at 39

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

WWE Superstar Eddie Gurrerro DEAD at 39

Postby Neil » 11/14/2005, 9:58 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/m ... ml?cnn=yes

Even if you don't watch the WWE at all.......its still sad. I only watch it cuz its good entertainment. Nothing wrong with a dude's soap-opera. haha!

R.I.P. Eddie.....
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby xjsb125 » 11/14/2005, 12:03 pm

I got to see this guy wrestle a few times and he always had entertaining and intriguing matches. He had really got his life back on track in the last 4 or 5 years after lots of personal problems. I'm sad that he's gone.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Neil » 11/14/2005, 2:55 pm

I never really cared for him (as a WWE star) although he was always entertaining.

It's weird, ya know? These sorts of things always seem surreal to me...

I just watched him this passed Friday night on Smackdown, him and Batista lost the Tag Team Title Match.
Neil

Postby Lando » 11/14/2005, 3:36 pm

Okay this article doesn't confirm how he died. I haven't been able to find any cause of death in any articles yet. I realize the autopsy hasn't been done yet, but usually they have an idea of how he passed away.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby ihatethunderbay » 11/14/2005, 3:48 pm

I think most people are suspecting heart failure. Either an enlarged heart from steroid use, or just heart failure brought about by his past abuse.

Sad.. Chavo said Eddie celebrated 4 years of being clean and sober a couple days ago.
hating thunder bay since 2003
ihatethunderbay

Postby Neil » 11/14/2005, 4:15 pm

I'm thinkin heart failure....unless he really wasn't clean anymore and OD'ed, but I hightly doubt that

And Chavo was one of them that found him dead, that must've been hard. I couldn't imagine.
Neil

Postby SaturdayNightz » 11/14/2005, 5:09 pm

that's crazy, one day you're here, the next day you're gone...things can change on a dime..
SaturdayNightz

Postby Neil » 11/14/2005, 6:59 pm

I'm making a point to watch Raw tonight just because I'm sure they'll be talkin about the whole thing.

Starts in an hour here......
Neil

Postby ihatethunderbay » 11/14/2005, 7:12 pm

both Raw and Smackdown this week are tribute shows to Eddie. No storylines, just matches, speeches and videos.
ihatethunderbay

Postby Johnny » 11/14/2005, 10:42 pm

I watched Raw. Tears came to my eyes....especially when Benoit was on. :(
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby kc » 11/14/2005, 11:48 pm

The emotion that Benoit showed all night would make anyone cry.
It still doesn't seem real that Eddie is dead. This man made me laugh and smile more than any TV show ever has. I hated watching the McMahon's talk. They just seemed phony. HHH seemed like he was trying to cry. I also thought that there was no reason to hear Cena and Michaels talking. If they weren't close to him, why bother. Malenko would of seemed more appropriate. I remember smiling when he beat Lesnar. The moment with Benoit at Wrestlemania. The skits with Chyna and Chavo. He will be missed. His poor family.
kc

Postby Neil » 11/15/2005, 10:00 am

Seeing Chavo and Eddie win those tag titles sometime ago........when i look at it now, at least it got to happen.

Chavo's little interview/talk bout Eddie was really cool, reminding Eddie that he's his brother, and not his uncle like Eddie truely is.

I knew Benoit was gonna be a wreck......I think Big Show's tears were real also.

Cena's a tool....I hate that mo'fo. I think he was fakin his emotions kinda.

I did get to see Shane O'Mac for that brief second. That dude kicks ass! haha
Neil

Postby ihatethunderbay » 11/15/2005, 3:07 pm

Watching Benoit's speech was probably the toughest part of Raw. I missed the first 15 minutes of the show and I turned it off when Cena and Orton came on.. but what I saw was a good show. It seemed kind of stupid to have Steph and HHH speak after Benoit, because they just seemed to fake compared to him.

and:

Eddie Guerrero Autopsy Results - Massive Heart Failure
Reported by Ryan Clark on November 15th, 2005

WWE.com posted the following:

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”
ihatethunderbay

Postby kc » 11/15/2005, 11:05 pm

Dave Meltzer from wrestlingobserver.com

I think everyone needed to cry and on a personal standpoint, I would to thank the people involved in the show last night, in particular the people who spoke from the heart about Eddy Guerrero last night. I don't think any of them realize how much they did for all of us watching. It is a tragedy that a great wrestler passed away too young, when he had so much to give the profession. But that is a terribly minor tragedy compared to that a wonderful human being passed away. I recognize almost everyone reading this is hurting right now, and if they aren't, I'm very sorry for you, but there many people who lost a very dear friend. Unfortunately something like this had to happen for the whole world to realize it and if there is a such thing as him watching from above, I guess he saw it. But I also know he'd be saying, "Why is everybody making such a fuss about me. What did I do to deserve it." Maybe that sums it up as good as I can. One thing about these tragedies and it really is the most important thing, is those children and his wife loved that man. He and his wife were childhood sweethearts and no doubt with Eddy she had the highest of highs, and unfortunately, she had to endure the lowest of lows a few years ago. There are things that most of us don't think about when the phone call comes or it's that time again. The familiarity doesn't make it easier. But, the plight of the families left behind is rarely thought about. That is the real heartbreak here, and elsewhere. And for every wrestler, and everyone in wrestling who makes decisions, try to at least learn something from this, whether it be being a better friend, or being humble, because that man had the talent of 100 people and was never arrogant about it and he did not get so good at his profession without loving to give people the kind of show that he perceived his father did. He had gigantic shoes to fill in the ring, and he more than filled them. He had battles every day of his life with his own problems and being in a world that in many ways is the worst world to be in for someone with depression and addiction issues. He appeared to be winning the battle. He achieved things that few would have ever thought were possible for a man of his stature. But there is a real truth here about the families left behind, and that this was not a freak occurrence but the result of bad decisions. Most of all, the greatest thing that can happen in Eddy's memory is not watching him beat Brock Lesnar, or perform against Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko or Rey Mysterio, or tag team with Art Barr, but if somehow, somehow this is learned from, and becomes a true watershed moment in the profession, and some families are saved from this in the future.
kc

Postby kc » 11/15/2005, 11:10 pm

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tvrep ... ts_id=2483

ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd said some rude comments about Eddie Guerrero's passing. He accused Eddie and other wrestlers of steroid use. Cowherd said, "who cares that he died" and that Guerrero's death was not "newsworthy." He also started speculation on the "unknown causes" of his death. Colin Cowherd has a subsite on ESPN.com.

In fairness to Cowherd, it's possible he was taken out of context. Maybe his first statement was "I'd have to be an absolute fucking moron to say…"

I'm not going to instruct anyone to do anything. I'm just going to give you the info. Do with it what you wish.

ESPN Radio Customer Service - 860-766-2000
ESPN Radio E-Mail: http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/c ... radio.html
Fire Colin Cowherd: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... cgi?firecc
kc

Postby Lando » 11/23/2005, 4:33 pm

who all talked on smackdown?
Lando

Postby Lando » 4/5/2006, 9:54 pm

There's a thread in Conversation Going Nowhere about how music vids are being taken off of youtube.com so I went to check OLP vids and I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6JDNF_H ... dy%20Peace
Lando

Postby starvingeyes » 4/6/2006, 1:33 pm

it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often with all of the roids those guys are on.
starvingeyes
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby xjsb125 » 4/6/2006, 5:21 pm

It's actually been quite frequent over the last few years. A number of pro wrestlers who were big stars in the late 80's and early 90's have died over the last 8 years. Most of them from some sort of heart complication. I believe Eddie's death was due to a heart condition he developed from years of drug and alcohol abuse. WWE has supposedly implemented a very strict drug and cardiovascular testing program for all it's entertainers. I'm not so sure that steroid use is as prevalent among them as abuse of alcohol, pot, cocaine, and pain killers.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Lando » 4/6/2006, 5:27 pm

Yeah but the point of my revival of this thread was to point out an OLP music vid!
Lando

Next