ClumsyMonkey.net

Manifestos on Life

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

Manifestos on Life

Postby trentm32 » 1/22/2005, 6:40 pm

I've been keeping some little semi-manifesto type dealies in my notebook/journal for the last month or so; and I just decided to copy them over to my laptop, so I thought I'd pop 'em up here as I got 'em in. Let me know what you guys think...

"Something Important"

I've always wanted to write something important, but I finally see that I've been looking at it wrong. Much of the writings that are timelessly remembered are just that-- timeless. They focus on emotions, on feelings; on love, on life, on loss, on pain. On the things that, no matter how much the world changes, never will change. The things that will always be here. I used to think that, for a work to be remembered, it had to have some kind of grand theme. Something important like politics, or war, or social commentary, or some great event. I finally see that, behind all of those things, there still beats the same drum that is behind everything else-- Passion. Passion for love, for life, for freedom, for free-thought. If you're not passionate about it, then what use does the future have to remember it?

"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby trentm32 » 1/22/2005, 6:47 pm

"A Letter to the World"

Why is it people always say that we're defined by the big moments, the few and far between? I think, above all else, we're defined by the in-between-- the way we spend our weeknights, the door we open for a stranger, the prayer we whisper under our breath, just because we feel impressed to pray. The small favors, the kind thoughts, the sincere smile you give the cashier at the grocery store. I hate to think, and refuse to believe, that the person I am is defined by nothing more than a handful of memories. I don't want to be just a name in a book that isn't forgotten, I want to be a face is your mind that is always remembered. Fondly remembered. And I don't want to be heartbreakingly missed, instead I would rather my memory be found with a deep smile,and a tear of true content ness sliding down your cheek. Because one true tear is worth an ocean of empty water.
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

trentm32

Postby Hope » 1/23/2005, 3:38 am

:love: the last one made the hairs on my neck stand up. it's very good. it's the kind of thing i would love to write.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby trentm32 » 1/23/2005, 9:08 am

thanks!

trentm32

Postby half jill » 1/23/2005, 11:42 am

they're both very wonderful. :love:
half jill
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Rusty » 1/23/2005, 9:37 pm

"I don't want to be just a name in a book that isn't forgotten, I want to be a face is your mind that is always remembered. Fondly remembered. And I don't want to be heartbreakingly missed, instead I would rather my memory be found with a deep smile,and a tear of true content ness sliding down your cheek. Because one true tear is worth an ocean of empty water."

I like that part. They're awesome dude.

Queens Of The Stone Age-Someone's In The Wolf

Once you're lost in twillights's blue
You don't find your way, the way finds you...

Tempt the fates, beware the smile
It hides all the teeth, my dear,
What's behind them...

So glad you could stay
Forever

He steps between the trees, a crooked man
There's blood on the blade
Don't take his hand

You warm by the firelight, in twilight's blue
Shadows creep & dance the walls
He's creeping too..

So glad you could stay
Forever

Image <----------------- click and listen!
Rusty
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Hope » 1/23/2005, 9:39 pm

Because one true tear is worth an ocean of empty water.

:love: :drool: :love:
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby trentm32 » 1/24/2005, 1:23 pm

thanks guys! :love:

trentm32