ClumsyMonkey.net

Quick incoherent writings

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

Postby Joe Cooler » 9/25/2004, 1:39 pm

I liked Holden at first but by the end of it I wanted to tell him to shut up and suck it up. :P
Joe Cooler

Postby nelison » 9/25/2004, 11:05 pm

A couple more... The first is really odd, i had a lot of seperate words in my head that I wanted to flush out on paper, and this is how it came out. The second is something thats been in my head since elementary school. Our school renamed it's nickname from The knights to the phoenix and we used to make fun of how the name meant we'd get beat and then come back to get beat again... hope you enjoy.

------

Now this is where the story gets interesting. I lay before the street, and a bay of water disgraces my tarnished plaid. The Canadian mountie deflates. The gutter insists, and I can’t help but wonder what may have been. This gutter is only as empty as nature’s will. Some day’s it fills to the brim, and like today spills out into the street. Other’s it remains course, dry and dehydrated. It is, what we are.
As I said, the story gets interesting from this point onward, as what happened in the past is of barely any relevance to where this story may head. I, like the gutter, fill and relieve, and with each draught, only the future will be needed. What rain it received yesterday means nothing today.
I knew this lady, I mean, I know this lady. Remember the past is irrelevant. Her name is Dawn. Sad sap she is. Love her to death though. Don’t now where she is now though. I was her gutter. I am her gutter.
There’s a love that not one man can relinquish. Its hard to overcome but hard to relieve. It clogs our pipes and forces us to tredge. That’s how I got here. Maybe the past is relevant. Who knew?

You wanna know something? Being a phoenix would be the worst thing in the world. Think about it. You live, you die, you live, you die. What would be the point? Somewhat counter productive wouldn’t it be? Of course it would. And that’s what so great about it. We are all counter-productive, just like the phoenix. Constantly we are shot down, and attempt to build ourselves back again. From the ashes we rise, only to be shot down by someone much smarter, stronger, and better than us, only to rise again to certain defeat. The call this something. The man who keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. You know what he is? An idiot. Better yet, A stupid Idiot. Brilliant.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby happening fish » 9/25/2004, 11:34 pm

;'F'i'iiiiiiiiivew
awkward is the new cool
[url]gutterhome.blogspot.com[/url]
happening fish
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby nelison » 9/25/2004, 11:36 pm

I give up. I understood just about everything you've posted up until the last 5 minutes.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison

Postby happening fish » 9/25/2004, 11:37 pm

Quick reply to topicj unfgvon$ehert w#itnings ho
awkward is the new cool
happening fish

Postby Long Jonny » 9/25/2004, 11:38 pm

i give up as well.
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby nelison » 9/25/2004, 11:39 pm

I think you've brought new meaning to this thread :lol:

nelison

Postby happening fish » 9/26/2004, 12:10 am

me i almosgt madcde out qwith thizx boyd froma CTSSZ NTHES Hl.
awkward is the new cool
happening fish

Postby starseed_10 » 9/26/2004, 12:22 am

omg. i think that's supposed to say across the hall.

i'm so proud of myself.
starseed_10

Postby happening fish » 9/26/2004, 12:25 am

running to
awkward is the new cool
happening fish

Postby Long Jonny » 9/26/2004, 12:35 am

:lol:
Long Jonny

Postby happening fish » 9/26/2004, 1:02 am

come bqck and fuck me
awkward is the new cool
happening fish

Postby xjsb125 » 9/26/2004, 5:02 am

:O
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby happening fish » 9/26/2004, 8:37 am

*turns bright red*
awkward is the new cool
happening fish

Postby Johnny » 9/26/2004, 8:50 am

Drunken posts can be embarassing
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby happening fish » 9/26/2004, 9:42 am

lol yes
awkward is the new cool
happening fish

Postby nelison » 9/26/2004, 12:36 pm

Just in case these were overlooked by all the drunkeness I'll post them again lol.

A couple more... The first is really odd, i had a lot of seperate words in my head that I wanted to flush out on paper, and this is how it came out. The second is something thats been in my head since elementary school. Our school renamed it's nickname from The knights to the phoenix and we used to make fun of how the name meant we'd get beat and then come back to get beat again... hope you enjoy.

------

Now this is where the story gets interesting. I lay before the street, and a bay of water disgraces my tarnished plaid. The Canadian mountie deflates. The gutter insists, and I can’t help but wonder what may have been. This gutter is only as empty as nature’s will. Some day’s it fills to the brim, and like today spills out into the street. Other’s it remains course, dry and dehydrated. It is, what we are.
As I said, the story gets interesting from this point onward, as what happened in the past is of barely any relevance to where this story may head. I, like the gutter, fill and relieve, and with each draught, only the future will be needed. What rain it received yesterday means nothing today.
I knew this lady, I mean, I know this lady. Remember the past is irrelevant. Her name is Dawn. Sad sap she is. Love her to death though. Don’t now where she is now though. I was her gutter. I am her gutter.
There’s a love that not one man can relinquish. Its hard to overcome but hard to relieve. It clogs our pipes and forces us to tredge. That’s how I got here. Maybe the past is relevant. Who knew?

You wanna know something? Being a phoenix would be the worst thing in the world. Think about it. You live, you die, you live, you die. What would be the point? Somewhat counter productive wouldn’t it be? Of course it would. And that’s what so great about it. We are all counter-productive, just like the phoenix. Constantly we are shot down, and attempt to build ourselves back again. From the ashes we rise, only to be shot down by someone much smarter, stronger, and better than us, only to rise again to certain defeat. The call this something. The man who keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. You know what he is? An idiot. Better yet, A stupid Idiot. Brilliant.

nelison

Postby Joe Cooler » 9/26/2004, 12:50 pm

Your the first to ever put a negative light on a pheonix as far as I know. Interesting.
Joe Cooler

Postby trentm32 » 9/26/2004, 12:59 pm

yep; that's a cool twist.
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32

Postby nelison » 10/5/2004, 9:47 pm

Here are a couple more.... Trent has made me want to write so much that I don't know where to start. These were all writeen back in April, and I feel the urge to write something long and meaningful but just haven't brought myself to do it. Anyways, enjoy. Oh ya... I guess I was watching some Coronation Street cause I used brilliant quite a bit... lol i never noticed it before now.

I think it would be great if there was a show for selling out. Wouldn’t it? It sounds pretty evil eh? Maybe a cartoon, just for kids. Think about the possibilities. It’s win-win. If the kids enjoy the show than I reap the rewards of all the sponsorships. If the kids realize whats going on then we have a world of kids who are a tad bit smarter than before. Either way, based on prior results I’m willing to bet I end up rich. Give it time, and you’ll see. “Hey Sara Lee, are those cookies you’re making?” “why yes they are, they’re filled with etc etc etc.” “hey let’s go give one to Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemimah” Oh yes I can see it now. We’re on a roll, and the snow will just keep building up. Brilliant.

So when I was little I thought I knew quite a bit. I know more now. The only problem is, what I know now is no better than what I didn’t know before, because if there’s one bad thing about knowledge, it’s that it shows us just how useless we become. We’re of so much use when we’re small. Now, we know better. We may have all the answers, but they mean diddly shit. Brilliant fuckers aren’t they?

Heaven lows below the ancient rivers of attackers. They’re coming from the outside aren’t they? They’re hurling rocks, they’re hurling ice, and one of these days they might just get us. It’s true you know. They’re going to hit right when you least expect it. Maybe during the middle of the World Series. Fuck wouldn’t that just ruin ratings. Who the hell is going to buy commercial spots when the Nielson’s could only garner a 0.0.

A boy, and two girls start playing in a pizza parlour. The beginning of a horrible joke ensues, and the boy ends up plastered to the wall. The two girls decide to torment him, and this involves countless minutes of the harshest of tortures. Medieval, primitive and hardly bearable, the feather is probably the weapon of choice when it comes to these types of situations. I guess that’s what chauvinists get. Somewhat odd that something as weak as a feather could easily take out any grown man. The feather is mightier than the sword. Let’s get him!

nelison

Previous