ClumsyMonkey.net

pouring out your soul

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

Postby trentm32 » 5/8/2004, 12:05 pm

parts of this have been bouncing around my head for a couple of weeks; and I finally thought up the rest of it this morning when I woke up from about two hours of sleep. I was kinda trying to expand my style with this one; I was (trying, atleast) to write this whole poem about this one short moment. I dunno if it came out that way, but it's what I was shooting for...

"a haphazard Friday evening"

when you fell asleep by my side,
without even an ounce of pretense
with your hand lightly grazing mine,
things haven't been the same since

and I'm waiting for you to fall in love,
because I just fell so long ago
think I'll always be in my head waiting,
because how can I let this go

I've been living in the waiting wings,
gets so lonely when the wind blows
this lone chill lingers in the air,
as you lie there like a meadow

you've been asleep for almost an hour,
and the clock tells me it's getting late
I'll just lie here a few more minutes,
wishing I could win our stalemate

as I slowly start out toward my car,
the scent of your hair lingers in my head
and I wish I could stay beside you forever,
but somehow I just continue home instead
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby trentm32 » 5/10/2004, 10:53 am

riffed this...

"as we sit here sipping coffee"

as we sit here sipping coffee
I'm happier than I've ever been
how can I tell you?
I can't seem to find the words
what would I even say
but the doors will soon close
and the lights will go dim
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/10/2004, 11:14 am

scribbled this out in less than two minutes, just thinking about this last weekend...

"some of the greatest times I've had"

it just feels so good to be young,
the faded glamour of a shallow past
that unaged cliche of rebellion,
every detail becomes a broadcast

staying out until 4 in the morning,
and not sleeping 'till the next night
I never seemed to be too tired,
the dark just seemed so bright

even the things you know are wrong,
talk yourself out of but not enough
you think you can stand the pressure,
but situations always call your bluff

some of the greatest times I've had,
came at the expense of my morals
it scares me that the trade seems fair,
and it isn't a more violent quarrel

I tell myself I'll be good when I'm older,
but I don't even know if that's true
deep down I like to think part of it is,
and this is just a phase to live through

trentm32

Postby Johnny » 5/10/2004, 11:28 am

:love:
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby trentm32 » 5/11/2004, 10:03 am

I got to thinking about music today, and scrawled this out a little bit later. I dunno why, but I really, really dig this one. :freak: ...

"the songs that touched your heart"

you can't forget to remember,
the songs that touched your heart
all the ones that made you cry,
and helped you fall apart

the world can fade away,
as the lyrics start to echo
look for meaning where it lies,
but all the truth is sorrow

know it's a window to the soul,
but I think it's even more
for it makes us who we are,
so substantial yet ignored

the thin draw of the guitar,
voice hasn't reached a whisper
listening so hard it hurts,
as your heart begins to blister

it changed your mood so much,
every extreme reached so easily
it'll always change your life,
the sound digging so deeply

you can hide so far inside it,
where it doesn't hurt to blink
and stay there if you can,
about the truth forget to think

slide the record to it's place,
and let the music fill the air
feel it with such passion,
that it makes the world seem fair

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/13/2004, 6:26 am

riffed this this morning at like 7 AM...

all I need is just one kiss,
so I'll know all I've missed
so maybe I can see if this,
is meant to be

maybe then I'll see,
if you and me
if it's ever gonna be,
all that I need

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/14/2004, 9:49 am

"it's the beautiful month of May"

I was on the road already,
but you helped me fall apart
I tried to keep it steady,
but you still broke my heart

it's the beautiful month of May,
so I'll just linger in my head
fleeting moments can't just stay,
with the truth I find instead

it isn't even your fault,
I'm the only one to blame
the only thing that I've sought,
is my love I can't proclaim

I sit and start to paint,
a picture of the way I dream
in the color lies restraint,
and the light begins to beam

things change so much so soon,
but we'll both still be here
it's almost the month of June,
and I can't shake this fear
Last edited by trentm32 on 5/16/2004, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trentm32

Postby christa lynn » 5/14/2004, 5:45 pm

trentm32 wrote:fleeding moments can't just stay,

fleeting? :)
this message brought to you by: astronerds inc. - come to us for all your astro/physics/math curiosities
christa lynn
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby trentm32 » 5/16/2004, 11:53 pm

yup; that's what I meant, anyways. :-)

*edits*

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/17/2004, 2:51 pm

scrawled this one out a few mintues ago, kinda coming to a realization I guess...

"then I could move on knowing I'm wrong"

I think love's just overrated,
a pipe dream I can't set free
wanting the things I can't have,
and the person I'll never be

this is just a teenage wasteland,
littered with things I never felt
so much randomness on the highway,
and in the places I haven't dwelt

maybe being like this is better,
no attachment to slow me down
my only master is my ambition,
but without you I'll just breakdown

you tear me up inside so much,
how can you not even have a clue
been reconfigured too many times,
and my heart's dripping with glue

I can't put it back together anymore,
I can't put me back together anymore
if only I could put us together for sure,
then I could move on knowing I'm wrong

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/18/2004, 9:48 pm

kicked this out today...w00t...

"everything I can't forget"

I think this will be my magnum opus,
to the things they should have told us
for the way I thought it was,
and everything I can't forget

I'm trying to be the way I should be,
I just wonder if I'm doing it for me
is it the way you wish I was,
just tell me how to change

trying to remember when inspiration came,
everything I'd pen came out the same
when I sat down to write of you,
and not a word of it could be read

I don't know how to write about love,
all I've known is the lack thereof
it's the only thing I've ever been through,
God I hope that'll change someday

I never learned how to handle heartache,
never told about all that was at stake
I was only tought what doesn't matter,
since those are the things I can't forget

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/19/2004, 1:09 pm

I scrawled this out in the middle of last night via the dim glowing light of my cellphone. I really dig the metaphor and symbolism...

"wars that I can't win"

I start to slide out of my chair,
and leave my intentions at the table
alongside the small tip for the waitress,
and my soul that once stood stable

but before I can leave the booth,
a thousand thoughts run through my mind
and every single one's of you,
as I stumble through the cashiers line

I regretfully look down to the floor,
so dirty and traipsed on like my path
but I still must walk it just the same,
and the only reward given is your wrath

I stop to look back on that corner,
so full of loneliness and my time
but I stop myself before my head turns,
because the past could be so kind

looking through the pale glass door,
I can see the world outside so skewed
and as I slowly reach for the handle,
somehow I know it won't be subdued

but before I can reach the threshold,
the thin table calls me back again
to take a seat and linger on,
making plans for wars that I can't win

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/20/2004, 10:41 am

cracked this a few minutes ago...

"my out of reach almost"

this laundry list of miracles,
is looking more and more like coincidence
all of this happens because it happens,
I don't want to lose my reverance

I'm getting better at handling rejection,
a lifetime of practice gets you good
my life's been an ongoing experience,
of missing the straight way I once stood

why is it when it comes to dealing,
I'm best at getting over what I want the most
being forced to move on so much,
never reaching my out of reach almost

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/21/2004, 10:49 am

wrote this a few mintues ago; in the small handful of one of the most personal things I've ever written...

"this shadow"

I'm so tired of living in this shadow,
one you never even meant to create
afraid by the time I reach the light,
things will already be too late

I'll miss you when you're gone,
my dear brother, my best friend
but maybe a move will change things,
and this stale tradition will upend

though you may be younger,
you still beat me here by years
how I wanted to be before I knew,
the man that shines through all these tears

even when I do change,
and change I will, have no doubt
the comparisons will linger on,
after the light has long burned out

I haven't found a way yet,
but somehow I'll make them see
that the man right here isn't you,
but that man right here is me

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/21/2004, 1:17 pm

"living life as Bushnell once did"

it seems a new chapter will begin,
like most it wasn't of my doing
my routine for the last year,
is now asunder not by my choosing

apparently it's 'cost effective',
a decision that has to be made
a move made from necessity,
and with a final check best conveyed

maybe it's a new philosophy,
living life as Bushnell once did
with change tossed for good measure,
in the entropy is sits amid

since it all happens for a reason,
I suppose God has one for this
here's hoping I'll see it soon,
so the next door I won't miss

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/24/2004, 5:02 pm

"I called you with a question"

I called you with a question,
almost too trivial to make
I thought you would just answer,
a risk I'm glad to take

but then we got to talking,
one of the first times us alone
we found a conversation,
lasted almost all night long

I'll be seeing you in an hour,
will our hello stand to change
or was that just a moment,
nothing but idle exchange

I thought about writing this later,
after the answer becomes known
but then I started scribbling,
with what happens to still be shown

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/24/2004, 5:03 pm

this is about a dream I had a few nighs ago...

"a dream unique"

I couldn't remember how we got there,
we were together so I didn't care
standing on that hillside,
the world finally seemed fair

I brushed you hair across,
and finally looked into your eyes
so beautiful and knowing,
and beyond our short year's wise

I leaned in to kiss you,
a thing I never thought I'd do
but then you followed suite,
and that was when I knew

as our lips slowly touched,
a tear rolled down my cheek
because I knew it wasn't true,
it was just a dream unique

I awoke to find myself,
lying in my bed alone
I leaned over for a tissue,
to wipe the tear now shown

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 5/31/2004, 3:11 pm

"or is it all just me?"

all of this stupid awkwardness,
caused by all these stupid people
I didn't think it would be them,
just makes the cut a little deeper

I know with enough time,
someday I'll again call them 'friend'
but the day won't be today,
takes longer for my soul to mend

I've never been this close,
and it's crashing down so fast
I didn't know it'd hurt so much,
with the pain spread out so vast

I think we've made it past that all,
being a prayer I prayed so fervent
our friendship back on this tightrope,
that I try to walk on ohh so ardent

maybe if I were more cavalier,
would it make a difference at all?
must remember not to try too hard,
or off the tightrope I'll soon fall

and every single time I see you,
my heart slowly begins to break
shattering into pieces,
and all I can do is look away

does our friendship stand here sliping,
like weak fingers on a trapeze
will you soon slip from my life,
or is it all just me?

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 6/3/2004, 9:55 pm

"at my side you'll pray"

I don't know why it's never hit me,
but I never noticed until tonight
that my closest friend is you,
the only thing that does feel right

the world doesn't understand it,
most don't care enough to try
a thing that transcends love,
spoken words I can't deny

I've come to you with problems,
so deep most don't even know I have
from you it all makes sense,
even when I don't understand

you've always told me the truth,
even when I didn't want to know
you treat me as an adult,
regard you didn't even mean to show

so much more than friendship,
one of the last things undefined
rambling on so easily for hours,
and never needing to rewind

I see you more than anyone,
and miss you even after a day
you've always been there for me,
and at my side you'll pray

even though I could never tell you,
pride and humility try to stand
but bar none you're my best friend,
it seems the best things go unplanned

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 6/5/2004, 2:02 pm

I wrote this poem yesterday. MY GOD I wish I could play guitar; I think it'd make such a geat song...

"the blue"

if letting go's the hardest,
then I don't want to part this,
message to the darkness;
but I do

and I can't see,
anything
up in the sky,
not even the blue

no I can't see,
anything
that's up there,
but you

this rambled manifesto,
of everything I don't know,
of all the things I can't show;
to you

and I can't see,
anything
up in the sky,
not even the blue

no I can't see,
anything
that's up there,
but you

all my silver linings,
are just turning into grey
and I'm left here with nothing,
as my second chances fade away
Last edited by trentm32 on 6/7/2004, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trentm32

PreviousNext