ClumsyMonkey.net

"the way that I love you"

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

Postby trentm32 » 12/18/2003, 1:35 pm

::

I don't care if you don't love me
I only care that you know the truth
I don't care that you'll never see me
The way that I see you

When I see you trip I hit the ground
I'd break myself to break your fall
And when you stand back up without a sound
God I wish to me you would could call

Upon my mind you soar the days
You change my mind a thousand times
I wish I could find you through this daze
But you never see through my entendre line

I know you'll always be there, and I'll be there for you
But I also know you'll never love me, the way that I love you

::

It's a poem about falling in love with a friend, and never being able to be with the way you wish. Sadly, I kind of drew from a personal experience for inspiration.
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Clumsy7Thief » 12/18/2003, 2:33 pm

Its sad, but quite good. :thumbs:
~Emily

[glow=#6400ff]"Are you going to the grave with unlived lives in your veins?[/glow]
[glow=#0000ff] "I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to." [/glow]
Clumsy7Thief

Postby Henrietta » 12/18/2003, 6:06 pm

Good job. Story of...my...life.

BTW, I thought you were posting the lyrics to a Shania Twain song for a bit, just going off the title.
Henrietta

Postby Lando » 12/18/2003, 7:04 pm

I'm glad you wrote that for me... but we've had this talk before. It just won't ever happen... I'm sorry...
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby trentm32 » 12/18/2003, 10:51 pm

Lando, I got over that ages ago... that poems about Al...
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32

Postby Lando » 12/19/2003, 9:40 pm

That's not what Al told me!
Lando