ClumsyMonkey.net

OLProject

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

OLProject

Postby Random Name » 3/28/2006, 2:56 pm

Hey guys!
Most of you know me, but for those who don't my name is Sarah and I'll be your tour guide for today.
Recently the CM put together a 4-year anniversary project to commerate the wonderful community that is the CM and the impact that Our Lady Peace had on our lives. In a sort of continuance of this I will be making a quilt made up of squares that you guys make.
Thats why I'm posting this. I need you.
In a very sexy way.

No. Bad Sarah.

I mean, I need your help. All you guys have to do is make up a (or many) fabric square for the OLP blankie.
Its really a lot easier than it sounds.

All you have to do is make a 7x7" square and they will all be put together into one big collage. For those of you who are unaware, by 7x7" I mean you should take an 8x8" piece of fabric and put a half inch boarder around the whole thing and the center square is what you decorate. (I will need something to sew with ;) )
You can decorate it however you want. Write a message to the boys. Draw something with fabric paint. Sew something. Anything. The possibilities are infinate. Be creative. Be Original. Talk about the band. The music. The community. The concerts. Whatever.

If you want more information or ideas, give me a shout. I'm not hard to find.

Its a little piece of fabric and it would become some huge sentiment so it really is worth doing, guys.

I suspect some of you won't be able to mail one for whatever reason or would like to participate and dont' have the time, or are unable to make a square. If this is the case, I can make one for you. Just reply or send me an IM or email or whatever and tell me what you want on it. If you have a design that you can't for some reason get onto a square and mail it away, then tell me about it and I'll try to recreate your idea. Or if you have a message, send me that and I'll make a square out of it. Just type in what you want and I'll do it for you.
BUT I'D RATHER YOU DO IT YOURSELF AND SO WOULD OLP.

This is going to be very time consuming because once I have all the squares, I have to sew them all together, individually. Get a boarder/backing and batting. And allll that measuring and sewing. If you want to send alone some funding for this project, I won't say no. ;)

So yeah. Come up with some cool ideas. If you want to say "ALBERTA loves OLP" Go for it. If you just want to scrawl "Smooke <3 Raine!" fine. If you want to recreate all the album covers, that would be cool. If you want to represent your hometown, wicked. No one is judging/comparing them. If you want to do something lame, then do something lame. Trust me, they'll love it anyway.
And even if you arn't a big fan of OLP anymore, make a square representing the CM or the CC or the hub. It's all part of it.

For those who do want to participate but think that finding fabric and all that is too difficult, its really not. Go to a fabric store and get a meter of white cotton for like $1. Or cut up an old t-shirt. Hell, if you are desperate but obscenely lazy I'LL mail you a square to use! And you don't need fabric paint. You could sew on some design or you could use iron-on's. You could use a sharpie for all I care. Just doo ittt.

I'll keep everyone updated in my Livejournal (naveed_life)
Or you can PM me on the CM (Random Name)
Or Pm me on the hub (Random_Name)
Or get me by MSN (Sarah_s__@hotmail.com)
or by email (sarah.stack@gmail.com)
and I'll give anyone who think might want to do one my mailing address.

Please spread the word. Post this on the CC, the hub, LJ, MySpace, Annnnnywhere. Just try to keep it from the band. Its supposed to be a secret, you know.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby saman » 3/28/2006, 3:48 pm

dood, i am so going all out for this. i didn't do anything artsy for the anniversary project, but i've just finished a food product development report and i'm feeling very, very accomplished and very productive. count me in!
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby crustine » 3/28/2006, 4:13 pm

Okay Sarah you know i am soooo all over this. I just want to clarify you are using 1/2 seams, I only ask because the standard is 1/4 for quilters. I would also like to add if someone wants to quilt their square I can give a quick tutorial on how to do this. It is super simple. if you can use a ruler you can design your own square. I had really hoped for the foot square because that is big enough to do a collage but no worries.

Hey Saray what is the deadline for submissions?
<center>~Hope Matters~</center>
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby Random Name » 3/28/2006, 4:20 pm

I'm not sure when the deadline is. I have to see what people think first. :P

And yeah, leave a 1/2 inch seam. It makes the math for people a little easier.

I found this in The Academy Is... fan club thing. Apparently someone did the same thing and ended up with a huge quilt.
http://camptai.synthellect.com/exclusiv ... ighres.jpg
Thats a high res photo of the finished product if you want an idea of what this is going to be like. You can also get some ideas for your own square there aswell. It can be short and simple and plain or complex and you can make more then one to have a set.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby crustine » 3/28/2006, 4:29 pm

That quilt rocks almost as much as you Sarah
<center>~Hope Matters~</center>
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Re: OLProject

Postby Kathy » 3/28/2006, 5:29 pm

Random Name wrote: Hey guys!
Most of you know me, but for those who don't my name is Sarah and I'll be your tour guide for today.

:lol:
Random Name wrote: Thats why I'm posting this. I need you.
In a very sexy way.

No. Bad Sarah.

:lol::lol:
Random Name wrote: If you just want to scrawl "Smooke <3 Raine!" fine.

:lol::lol::lol:

okay now that I'm finished with that.... count me in! I'm not sure what to do yet, but I'll think of something. I'm not nearly as creative as the majority of our CMers but I'll do my best.
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby Johnny » 3/28/2006, 5:45 pm

Uhh, I can't sew.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Kathy » 3/28/2006, 5:52 pm

you don't have to sew to participate!
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby Johnny » 3/28/2006, 6:07 pm

Great! Cause the last time I had to sew was in home ec. I ended up sewing my shirt to my project.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Random Name » 3/28/2006, 6:08 pm

Chanandler Bong wrote:Uhh, I can't sew.

Well the whole point is that I'll do the sewing. :P

All you need to do is write something on a piece of fabric. Or hell, if you don't think you can do that come up with something you want to say and I'll say it for you. :)

Since this looks fairly optimistic I'm going to suggest a deadline of May 1st. That means everyone has all of April to make one, and hopefully it shouldn't interfere with exams too much.

So I made this as an example to show you. It honestly took less than an hour so don't for a second think that this will be time consuming.

Notice the fact that I outlined a half inch boarder around the top, bottom and both sides. It really doesn't have to be complicated and you don't need to have sewn anything (I just wanted to test drive my machine). Also notice I put my name and province at the bottom. It would be nice to include your name and province/territory if possible.
I also did not realize until now that the shirt next to it says cunt. heh.

If anyone wants inspiration, think of song lyrics or album art or music videos. It can have a message or it can just be an image. Its all up to you. You can use a marker or fabric paint, buttons, felt, glitter glue....break out the inner Martha! :lol:
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Kathy » 3/28/2006, 6:09 pm

Sarah - is it okay if Johnny's square is attached to a shirt?

:lol:
Kathy

Postby Random Name » 3/28/2006, 6:11 pm

Umm. If you want to mail me the whole shirt than sure. I'll sort it all out for you. :sugar:
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Johnny » 3/28/2006, 6:13 pm

haha, its been ten years since I've been in Home Ec. I have no idear where it is now. :happytears:
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Kathy » 3/28/2006, 6:14 pm

haha

Johnny you can use fabric and markers, or paint, or whatever the heck you want.
Kathy

Postby afealicious » 3/28/2006, 6:14 pm

i'm in i'm in!!! how i'll be allowed to do this in secret will be another story.
afealicious
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Johnny » 3/28/2006, 6:15 pm

hahha

I think its best that I let Sarah do it.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Random Name » 3/28/2006, 6:39 pm

So, can someone (I think Nikki Soozy and Kathy are the only posters over there) please post this or this link
http://community.livejournal.com/our_la ... 98934.html
On the Clumsy Congress. I've been trying to log into my old account and I think it got deleted or something. :freak:
Thanks!
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Kathy » 3/28/2006, 6:41 pm

k I'll post it now
Kathy

Postby Random Name » 3/28/2006, 6:43 pm

Thanks!
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Kathy » 3/28/2006, 6:49 pm

are you on .net to post it there too?
Kathy

Next