ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP at Pre-Vma concert

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby areusad831 » 8/23/2002, 8:47 pm

i dont think so but that would be really cool
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/23/2002, 8:48 pm

that's about my only chance of seeing it... :|
luckyJQ9

Postby areusad831 » 8/23/2002, 8:48 pm

Philly aint to far take a train and come
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/23/2002, 8:50 pm

Philly isn't far but I'm only in Philly during the school year. Right now I'm a couple hours west of Philly, and there's not trains from here. I'd have to take a bus, and I can't afford that. OLP should come to me damnit! :mad:
luckyJQ9

Postby UltraViolet » 8/24/2002, 4:33 pm

every year MTV has a week of shows leading up to the award show. They are usually free but you have to get tickets from the Radio, MTV store etc. They aren't televised. They are just some acts to promote the music etc.

I still don't know how OLP got asked., When they told me I thought they were asked to perform at the actually awards. Imagine that. That would be so weird. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby superrgirll » 8/24/2002, 5:29 pm

Just curious, is this pre-vma concert aired on tv?
-lori
she's a fool for the last living rock king
http://www.livejournal.com/~got_to_get_away/

HARDCORE!
superrgirll
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Rigger » 8/24/2002, 8:59 pm

Hey guys, do you think there are still tickets left at Virgin? I'm heading down there 2morrow in hopes of grabbing a couple
Rigger

Postby sandsleeper » 8/28/2002, 12:29 am

woOT!! it was freakin awesome!! enduring dj jackie christie for an hour was extremely difficult but worth it! there were very few people there for OLP, lol maybe about 10-15 all together but still it was awesome. i believe the setlist was:

all4u
doulikeit?
superman
innocent
clumsy
naveed
not enuff
swot
starseed

i think that was it, the order may be a little off in the middle. gail, u have it written down i'm sure so go ahead and correct me :P

lol and the funniest thing happened, steve threw his picks out and i tried to catch one but missed, so i was like oh darn, whatever. and then a little later i noticed that my tank top was down a little low and i looked down and there was a pick in my freakin bra! :lol: i think that's gotta be a first! :lol: good aim, steve!
Lick a finger: feel the now.
sandsleeper

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/28/2002, 10:56 am

That was smooth. See, you meant to catch the pick with your boobs, and not your hands. You're that damn good to catch things with your boobs. :mrgreen:
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby sandsleeper » 8/28/2002, 11:11 am

exactly, catching it with my hands would have been far too easy, i had to challenge myself :lol:
Lick a finger: feel the now.
sandsleeper

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/28/2002, 11:35 am

i found a mike and ike in my bra once. i traced it back to hours previous when i had gotten in a candy war with someone. it was all gross though, cause it had gotten all warm and stuff.....okay....done with that story now. :freak:
luckyJQ9

Postby areusad831 » 8/28/2002, 1:11 pm

the pre-vma concert was amazing except for the fact that there were other bands besides for OLP.

the setlist was:
All4U
Do You Like It?
Superman
Not Enuff
Naveed (Raine climbed the side tower as usual)
Innocent
Clumsy
SOT
Starseed

u were only off by 2 songs kim :P

After OLP played an amazing show me, my bro, gail and some other girl hung around for the band. We sat through 30 minutes of some guy named Sasha dj ing. It was horrible!!!! People actually like that better then OLP!! Then about 15 minutes into Moby (who was also horrible) we see Steve and Gail bolts through the crowd of 6000 people to chase him. Finally we caught up with him and talked for like 10 minutes. He said it was weird playing at the show and he was glad us OLP fans came early to get the front. He said he is going to learn Blister and go up to Raine and say "We are playing Blister on this tour dammit" when they tour again. We also explained to him about the CM and the Mauzerites. He seemed a little scared but was happy we stand up for him. After that I left so I have no idea if Gail met up w/ any other members.
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby superboots » 8/28/2002, 1:44 pm

areusad831 wrote: He said he is going to learn Blister and go up to Raine and say "We are playing Blister on this tour dammit" when they tour again. We also explained to him about the CM and the Mauzerites. He seemed a little scared but was happy we stand up for him.

YES!!!!!!!!! BLISTER!!!!!! :mrgreen: :love:

I proclaim myself Chief of the Mazurites.....Fear our Power!!!!!!!! :evil:
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby Susan » 8/28/2002, 1:46 pm

*yawns*
Susan
Oskar Winner: 2003
Oskar Winner: 2003

Postby superboots » 8/28/2002, 1:51 pm

do you yawn at the sight of our power!?!? :evil:

:mrgreen:
HARDCORE!!!

No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby UltraViolet » 8/28/2002, 3:41 pm

Hey Rob, boy did you get things backwards. Also You and Paul should kick yourselves. 5-10 minutes after you left, Raine, Jeremy and Mike came out and went to eat. Kim( the other girl) and I spoke with them for a few minutes. It was weird because I walked up to Raine and said I was hoping to see you soon cause I am tired. He smiled and gave me a hug and told me to get some sleep.

As for the show. The six of us met up between 2PM and 3PM( Kim, Tonilynn, Rob, Paul, Me and Cortny) . It seemed we were the only fans there. THese girls from Sony were handing out OLP stickers. THey came back to the front so I aksed for another one and she gave me the pile( must of been a few hundred) so I split them up among the 6 of us. We were let in about 5:30. We made our way up front. There were only 20 people ahead of us anyway. These two girls next to me we asked who they were here to see and they said Moby and Old Lady Peace( yeah real fans)

we had to listen to DJ Jackie for almost an hour. It wasn't bad but after a while I am tired of that music. OLP came on about 7ish. ROb and I were wearing OLP shirts as support and Paul put one of the stickers on his shirt. We were infront of Steve and he was amazing to watch. He would look down at us and make faces or smile. Even Jeremy made faces to us. I think the band enjoyed the fact we were there to support them.

During Naveed Raine climbed up the tower and looked out into the crowd. he said there were alot of people there and could they hear in the back. The band played a great set although short and the people seem to be into them. It was funny because they had a little stage extended for the DJ's and Raine would walk out to the front. Okay we are use to girls trying to grab him, but there was this one guy who was just so in awwe of him. We thought it was funny.

We screamed to have Birdman played when it got quiet and they looked at us. At the end Steve tossed his pick to me( it feel on the ground and the guard wasn't going to give it to me at first till I told him he tossed it to me.) He also tossed out the other picks to the rest of us. This security gurad in front of us( who stood in front of me all night) took the pick and gave it to chesty girl. He would be mean to us but sweet to her.

After the show we hung for a bit. Ran into another girl name KIm. I saw Steve come out and walk toward the back. They haed a barricade between the special standing section and audience. I pushed my way through the crowd till we saw him. He cameover and spoke with us for a few minutes.
I told him that he had to learn Blister for the next tour. To ask Raine to teach it to him. He told me he would teach himself.

I also told him about the *Mazurites* on the CM. He asked what the CM was. I told him have you heard of the CLumsy Congress. He said Yes. I told him the CLumsy Monkey was a message board like that one-made up from old CC'ers.THat there was a support group on here for him and they callled themselves Mazurites.He loved it and asked I stick up forhim. I said yes.

He left to have dinner with a few friends. ROb, Paul, Kim and I jumped over the railing into the special standing room and walked up front to watch Moby. Rob and Paul left. 5 minutes later I saw Raine come out so Kim and I walked up to him. He said Hi, etc. I told him I was glad to see him cause I was tired. He smiled gave me a hug and told me to get some sleep. Jeremy, Mike and Him were going to grab something to eat. I walked out when they left. they walked down the block. I passed them and told them they should of headed up 14th for a place to eat. They said we are hopping in a cab. They crossed the highway and there is this small concret wall. It was funny watching Raine jump over it. Mike and Jeremy stepped over it. There were these 3 girls who sort of followed them across the street but missed them they were in the cab by then.

all in all it was agreat evening. I had a great time with the other NY OLP fans. I will give you guys photos. and I was told they all loved the photo Album I gave them.

WHat more can I ask for. Seeing OLP in my hometown with some great people. :love:

Oh yeah before they did *SOT* I yelled out do you hit. HaHa. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/28/2002, 4:02 pm

BLISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, IT MIGHT GET PLAYED! I like to think I have a lot to do with that. God knows I harassed them and made a sign for it and all....
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/28/2002, 4:13 pm

I think the CM should make "Mazurite" tshirts... :mrgreen:
luckyJQ9

Postby superboots » 8/28/2002, 4:14 pm

I second that!

When I see Steve, I'm gonna tell him that I'm the founder of the Mazurite cult. :nod:
HARDCORE!!!

No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/28/2002, 4:39 pm

hehe...use the word cult and i'm sure he won't get any more creeped out about the whole situation. i smell a CM restraining order...

but i would love to be a proud member of the mazurite cult anyway. cults can be so much fun.... :evil:
luckyJQ9

PreviousNext