ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP at Pre-Vma concert

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby superboots » 8/28/2002, 4:51 pm

"cult" is such a strong word....we need something less intimidating. :nod:

any suggestions?
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/28/2002, 4:57 pm

"union", "family grouping", "fellowship" :lol:
luckyJQ9

Postby Susan » 8/28/2002, 4:59 pm

Coven?

:P
Susan
Oskar Winner: 2003

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/28/2002, 5:33 pm

luckyJQ9 wrote:I think the CM should make "Mazurite" tshirts... :mrgreen:

You just gave me a great idea. I am going to make a shirt that says "I'm with Pookie" and get a picture with Jeremy. I think it's the next best thing to a nametag, ya know?
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby sandsleeper » 8/28/2002, 5:37 pm

lol, yesterday at the show "pookie" was staring out into space during the times when he didn't play. :lol: poor jer, he musta been tired or something
Lick a finger: feel the now.
sandsleeper

Postby superboots » 8/28/2002, 5:38 pm

LOL..I guess that's the best way to get a pookie picture. He probably won't take the pic with you, :P He'll run away as fast as he can. :mrgreen:
HARDCORE!!!

No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby happening fish » 8/28/2002, 5:45 pm

su7an wrote:Coven?

:P

:lol: ! Do you know that there's actually apparently a real coven in Burlington? :D
awkward is the new cool
[url]gutterhome.blogspot.com[/url]
happening fish
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Susan » 8/28/2002, 6:00 pm

In Burlington? This city is so damn conservative.

I'll take an "I'm with Pookie" shirt. :mrgreen:
Susan

Postby UltraViolet » 8/28/2002, 6:04 pm

OLPFan420 wrote:BLISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, IT MIGHT GET PLAYED! I like to think I have a lot to do with that. God knows I harassed them and made a sign for it and all....

ALan, I hate to break the news to you, but I have been telling Raine to put Blister back in the set since last May(2001).
I think we need a Blister Campaign going on here. Hey now we got Steve on our side. Also I told them to put Story About A Girl back in this set. They were going to do it in PIttsburgh, but since the set was cut short they didn't do it. I told my friend I don't want to know if it is back in the set at tonight's make up Syracuse show. :cry: :cry:

Hey Beth, Yes, mazurites shirts and we should wear them at the next OHIO show. Haha. I think he love that. :love: :love:

I also got my photos back from this show. They came out incredible.
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby areusad831 » 8/28/2002, 6:31 pm

what did i mix up gail??? i cant believe they came out after we left :mad: ah well steve was cool next time ill hang around to see the others. I put three stickers on my car and five in my room and still have about 30 left over!!!! Me and Kim are gonna hand them out at the Greenwheel show in October. Definatley want some of those photos. The group shot, a pic of Raine on the tower, and one of Steve would be cool :nod: or even the whole roll ill pay you for it :mrgreen:

defintaley was a rockin time!!! did raine mention seeing us in the front?
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/28/2002, 6:55 pm

ooo...send me a sticker please!! :nod: :mrgreen:
luckyJQ9

Postby UltraViolet » 8/28/2002, 6:55 pm

Then about 15 minutes into Moby (who was also horrible) we see Steve and Gail bolts through the crowd of 6000 people to chase him. Finally we caught up with him and talked for like 10 minutes. He said it was weird playing at the show and he was glad us OLP fans came early to get the front. He said he is going to learn Blister and go up to Raine and say "We are playing Blister on this tour dammit" when they tour again. We also explained to him about the CM and the Mauzerites. He seemed a little scared but was happy we stand up for him. After that I left so I have no idea if Gail met up w/ any other members.

^^
You said something about Steve being scared about the Mazurite stuff and he was going to tell the band to play Blister next time. I just don't remember him saying that or being scared. he never heard of Clumsymonkey so he didn't understand what that meant. As for Blister , I was the one who brought it up. I asked him the next time they do a tour if he can learn Blister. To ask Raine to teach it to him. He said he would and if the band didn't teach him, he teach himself. Maybe that is what you heard. He asked me If I stood up for him because he read a review I wrote on rich and shelly's site. That is why I said you got it mixed up. Oh well doesn't matter. i just wanted Steve to know that there is a fan support for him on the CM. He already knows how I feel about him. I think it makes him feel good to have people show support. He knows the shoes he had to fill and knows he is being scrutinized and judged. it makes him feel good when the fans say they dig him.

I didn't really talk to Raine about the show. I spoke to him about something that wouldn't mean anything to anyone but me since it dealt with something from the last time i saw him. He basically was trying to get something to eat because he was starving. So we sort of walked outside with them before heading home. I was just glad I got to see him.

Yeah I can send you some photos. The tower one is awesome. I have one when Raine went out front and you see that kid looking up at him in awe. It is too funny. I actually told kim the band had this look like what the hell am i doing here look of horror. Seriously. They were probably thinking the things we have to do to be played.

I am going to make you guys a photo album. You would have to play for the reprints because I can't afford to copy that many pictures.

Even kim said the one I gave to the band if you think about it probably cost alot.
I suppose, but I look at it this way. The band is great to me so I give them things as a sign of appreciation. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/28/2002, 7:03 pm

Hey, Steph and I have told him about the CM, so he damn well should know about it. And about Blister, I showed Jeremy my sign before the Rochester show and he did say it was the last song they worked on. So maybe, just maybe, that song could get in the set list, and hopefully for the Detroit show in September. Anyone who sees this and is going to an OLP show, make sure to ask the band to add Blister. I am sure if many people ask for that song, it can be added. Let's try and make my dream come true here.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby areusad831 » 8/28/2002, 7:06 pm

luckyJQ9 wrote:ooo...send me a sticker please!! :nod: :mrgreen:

email (olpmaggot@hotmail.com) me or im me (limppoo) and ill send you five stickers, I will share the wealth.

and gail ill pay you for reprints you dont need to make an album or anything just bring them the negatives and it should be like $7 I think. I didnt remember exactly what Steve said I just summed up the conversation. But Steve did say should i be scared when you said about the Mazurites and said that he would tell the band that he wants to play Blister. I just stood there like a mute while you and Paul talked :lol:
Last edited by areusad831 on 8/28/2002, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/28/2002, 7:07 pm

OOOOOOH, can I get in on that sticker action? I'll give you anything you want, except sexual pleasure....
Sufjan Stevens

Postby superboots » 8/28/2002, 7:10 pm

I have no authentic OLP memorabilia :cry:
HARDCORE!!!

No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby areusad831 » 8/28/2002, 7:12 pm

ok im now or e-mail me and ill see what I can do maybe ill give everyone 1 or 2 stickers if you live in range where it will only take 1 stamp to get to you.

no sexual favors required :mrgreen:
Last edited by areusad831 on 8/28/2002, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/28/2002, 7:15 pm

I am NOT giving sexual pleasure for stickers...you at least have to throw in a hoddie or a couple of tshirts for that kinda stuff....
luckyJQ9

Postby UltraViolet » 8/28/2002, 7:16 pm

^^
NO we have to sell them on EBAY for starting price of $3-$5 and work from there.

I have to pay for the pictures somehow don't I. :lol: :freak: :D
R.I.P Joe Strummer
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby areusad831 » 8/28/2002, 7:19 pm

good point $10 a sticker!!! no i will spread the wealth with the cm! you should to gail unless that pays for my copies :lol:
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

PreviousNext