ClumsyMonkey.net

Chicago review and pics!!

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby yourbuddypal » 8/11/2002, 11:08 pm

Whoo. Not to sound like a retard or whatever,...but oh my Fucking god, that show was amazing. First concert ive ever gone to...it rocked. To start with the openers: i dont quite agree with this:
MorbidSweetness wrote: Greenwheel came on. I'm sorry, but I personally feel that they are just a cheap rip off of most bands out there today.

I thought, as did all of my friends who went(4 others), that greenwheel was great and that they were a lot better than audiovent. It seemed like audiovent was more experienced on stage and were more natural...but...couldnt tell a word they said or anything...but...whatever... onto OLP.

So amazing. They had some smoke pumping out, dimmed the lights, and dropped a curtain on the back wall revealing a shiny Our Lady Peace sign. THe lights were dimmed so low so that all you could see were silouhettes of the band, and there was some sort of distortion in the background that got gradually eitehr more noticeable or louder. The distortion went on for what seemed like forever, but it REALLY built up the tension. And then all of a sudden...they broke into All For You...it was AMAZING and it rocked so bad. I was on the bottom floor back a little towards the next level..and everyone started moshing. THe moshing was crazy...i ended up in the middle-left of it(no choice) with my girlfriend, and my cousing was in the middle of it...he's about 6' 4" and it was hilarious watching him. One dude in particular CRAZY...and keep in mind, my first concert. However, a short while into the OLP set, my girlfriend and i ended up right in front of Raine a lot closer than we had been! The setlist was great. I particularly liked how Raine was climbing the balcony during One Man Army with the chorus going "I remember falling" im thinking to myself "i hope he doesnt fall!". Quite amusing. Another thing that was cool was that the whole crowd knew EVERY song and where singing the whole time..that was cool. It was so amazing...all my friends thought so was well...Phew.

By the way, i noticed the purple hair! Where did you have to drive from?
I cant think of anything else to say but...booyah.
Whats a signature?

It all seems so contaigious, not to be yourself and faceless in a song that has no soul.

And maybe you just need, a friend, as clumsy as youve been...

"You've got to keep it pure. You enter as a musician and if you're not careful, you end up as an entertainer." -Raine Maida
yourbuddypal

Postby teelow » 8/12/2002, 12:44 am

Like, wow people. WOW! 8O
[glow=red]Typically you only need one fault.[/glow]
teelow

Postby Solidarity 9-6347 » 8/12/2002, 1:07 am

thats awsome! i cant believe you got a setlist..gah im so jealous! we asked for one in columbus and the bald guy wouldnt give in :|

oh and i like your hair purple :nod:
<3 Mademoiselle Pamplemousse

~The world would be a better place if only more things were made out of statue~
Solidarity 9-6347

Postby the android » 8/12/2002, 9:06 am

MorbidSweetness wrote:
Bananababy wrote:
MorbidSweetness wrote:
Ahree wrote:What shade of pink?

That shade again.
You look like Kelly Osborne!!

AHHHH, please don't say that!! I hate when people compare me to her.

Heh, I didn't think that at all.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby MorbidSweetness » 8/12/2002, 9:28 am

yourbuddypal wrote:It seemed like audiovent was more experienced on stage and were more natural...but...couldnt tell a word they said or anything...

It was the sound guys, they don't know how to mix at all. I coudn't tell what Greenwheel or AudioVent was saying either. I knew what AV was saying cause I have the CD and listen to it a lot. I have also seen AV before and that show sounded much better, you could hear everything. I was getting really pissed about the sound...

~Jennifer~
Asking why is meaningless when we don't know why we live. ~Me
MorbidSweetness

Postby superboots » 8/12/2002, 1:41 pm

sorry about the spamming...but YAY to people with hair dyed weird colors!!!!! we rock!!!!!! :thumbs: Next time my hairdresser's in town, i'm getting part of my hair re-dyed fuchsia and another part bright red. I love my fuchsia hair!!!! :love:
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby Solidarity 9-6347 » 8/12/2002, 1:44 pm

i want fuscia hair!! that would rock...actually i might be dying random strips of my hair blue
<3 Mademoiselle Pamplemousse

~The world would be a better place if only more things were made out of statue~
Solidarity 9-6347

Postby superboots » 8/12/2002, 3:03 pm

fuchsia hair kicks ass!!!!!!!
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Previous