ClumsyMonkey.net

Ticket to the Rochester, NY show on August 12

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby the android » 8/13/2002, 9:26 am

Awwww :cry:
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby nelison » 8/13/2002, 11:17 am

ok. this was a phenominal show. I'll start right from the beginning...
Me, my friend and gf leave the house at 2 in a rental car with a driver, we expected to be there at 4... boy we're we wrong. The first problem was at the border, our driver says "make sure you have your ID ready" well I go to look in my pocket and low and behold i forgot my wallet. Well we got lucky that the border guy didnt wanna see my ID and we got over okay. next problem we encountered was a traffic jam which caused us to be at a stand still for a good 20 mins. I guess this here caused our car to get over heated cause from that point all the way into Rochester the car stalled 6 times. So we get to the place at 5, a lil later than we expected but we were still among the first 30 in line. I had an extra ticket that we weren't using and wouldnt you know someone came by asking if we had an extra, which was great since I had no cash cause it was all sitting in my wallet on my bed some 100km's away. So i got 20$ for the ticket and the guy was thankful cause he was expecting us to charge him almost double, but i figured it's just a kid who wants to see a concert, so why rip him off? So we get inside the building and me and my gf decide to buy a couple CD's so we could meet the band and the guy gave us a deal and gave my other friend a pass for the meet and greet as well.
So we finally get into the place and find amazing spots, we were second row right in front of Steve and everyone in front of us was rather short so it was perfect.
Greenwheel started it off and were really good. In fact I much preferred them over Audiovent, who really didnt impress me.
so OLP finally gets on stage and it was awesome. I won't run down every song since they were all really well done so I'll move on to the greater moments of the set... OMA, was spectacular, now we all know he climbs something during it so i told my gf to get her camera out, so he starts walking right infront of us and then walks on the bar table beside my friend and then proceeds to climb a pole to the balcony that was a good 20 feet above us... well he sang from the ledge and at the end of the song he decided to dive 20 feet down and crowd surf his way back, he almost kicked me in the head but i got a good grab of his leg and pushed him towards the front, my gf was quite proud of the fact she touched his ass, and i think that made her night haha.
the rest of the set was great and than for the encore Raine told everyone to stand up that was sitting on the balcony and a couple kids didnt stand and Raine made Jer stop drumming so he could yell at the kids to stand. It was pretty funny. one girl tried to follow raine and fall from the balcony but only one person really saw her and she pretty well fell to the ground and Raine stopped SOT to find out if she was okay, mind you it was the end of the song anyways, but that showed some class. Oh yes did i mention it was literally about 115 degrees inside the venue? they kept coming around trying to give ppl water but unless you were in the first couple rows you weren't getting any (luckily i did or i woulda been dead)
so after the show we got in line for the meet and greet, and got our posters signed that we were given for free, Duncan chatted a bit with me, Jer looked kinda sick from the heat and just kinda nodded, Steve looked like he was happy to see everyone and i chatted for a tiny bit with him, and Raine said a couple words to me while my friend and gf got mad cause he didnt say a word to them. Well we got home at around 3 and thats my story about the Rochester concert.
It really was amazing, and I wish you all coulda been there.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby superboots » 8/13/2002, 12:00 pm

8O

So, Raine jumped off the balcony and crowd surfed!!!!?!?!?! 8O

Right now I'm kicking myself for not going to this concert. :mad:
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Previous