ClumsyMonkey.net

Rock Hall Show

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby a_star_that_I_can_see » 7/29/2002, 6:04 pm

UltraViolet wrote:I got an email from a friend who saw FUEL there.

since this is a taping, it isn't an actual show. It is only a few songs.

How many times did I tell you people that??
"You're a prime time fool for everyone to see...You don't understand and you don't try to see: You're in a cage and we've got the key." 8O / :wtf: / :lol: - OLP

"I don't wanna rember falling for your lies." - OLP

HARDCORE! (OLD SCHOOL! - What am I talking about?)
a_star_that_I_can_see

Postby UltraViolet » 7/31/2002, 6:51 pm

a_star_that_I_can_see wrote:
UltraViolet wrote:I got an email from a friend who saw FUEL there.

since this is a taping, it isn't an actual show. It is only a few songs.

How many times did I tell you people that??

Ueah, but I saw the guys in default last night and they said they did an actual show that was taped, and they choose the songs they would air.

I know this is being taped. I was wondering if it is something like 10 songs and the whold thing is taped, which can take hours. i went to 3 Storytellers(VH1) and they took 3 hours to tape a 1 hour segment.

or is it a ful show and they take what they edit it out later. Either way I don't care. I am going. Got my tickets weeks ago, and even if I didn't get tickets I still be able to go. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/1/2002, 9:10 am

It's an MTV half hour special. So they'll show Clumsy, Superman's Dead, Somewhere Out There, Innocent, and most likely Is Anybody Home. They only get a half hour slot, so those are the songs they'd show. They could still play an entire concert though.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Kid_A_42 » 8/16/2002, 8:42 am

I know this is late and all, but I am going to Cleveland. I bought my tickets the day they were on sale, because I was jipped the last time they were in Cleveland. And to whoever said they were going to wear MTV Sucks shirts, I salute you. I might do that too, if you don't mind my copying you.
MUSICIAN: You're in a privileged position in society. You're expected to tell the truth
TOWNSHEND: Bullshit! Bullshit! I'm not expected to do anything. Nobody is going to tell me what to do. Nobody is even going to ask me what to do. If anybody doesn't like it, that's their problem. It's my work. If someone doesn't like it, I can't help it.
Kid_A_42

Postby areusad831 » 8/16/2002, 10:09 am

Dont be surprised if they dont let you in with shirts like that. MTV has superior powers.
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby Kid_A_42 » 8/17/2002, 1:20 pm

areusad831 wrote:Dont be surprised if they dont let you in with shirts like that. MTV has superior powers.

That's why you wear a shirt over it, worm your way up to the front, and pull it off when the concert starts. And they can't tell me to cover up or whatever. Freedom of expression.
MUSICIAN: You're in a privileged position in society. You're expected to tell the truth
TOWNSHEND: Bullshit! Bullshit! I'm not expected to do anything. Nobody is going to tell me what to do. Nobody is even going to ask me what to do. If anybody doesn't like it, that's their problem. It's my work. If someone doesn't like it, I can't help it.
Kid_A_42

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/17/2002, 1:45 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that after spending two months of editing the concert that they won't blur your shirt out. It's pointless to wreck a perfectly good white shirt to have your point get censored out.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby superboots » 8/20/2002, 10:32 pm

So, I take it that Raine's feeling better and the Rock Hall concert will still be tomorrow?
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby kdogctown » 8/21/2002, 11:39 am

If anyone cares right now Duncan and Jeremy are on Xtreme radio right now talking about the concert. Oh yeah even though the show is being taped the band will play for an hour. I wish I had tickets but I will be working the Cake concert instead at Tower City Ampitheater. For those going have fun and tell us about it afterwards.
Peace, Love, And Rock & Roll. Enough Said.
kdogctown

Postby superrgirll » 8/21/2002, 9:00 pm

From Rich and Shelly's site:

"Some disturbing information we were told by an employee of the venue is that because it is being videotaped, MTV will be handpicking 45 people from the line-up and letting them in first for the front row. So if you don't meet MTV's "look", you will miss out on front row regardless if you camped in the line for hours. That is totally unfair, but doesn't surprise us."

More of a reason to hate MTV.
-lori
she's a fool for the last living rock king
http://www.livejournal.com/~got_to_get_away/

HARDCORE!
superrgirll
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby the android » 8/21/2002, 9:02 pm

So if I weigh 80 pounds and wear super-tight clothes and bleach my hair I'll get front row?
Last edited by the android on 8/21/2002, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby superboots » 8/21/2002, 9:03 pm

:baaah: :wtf: :freak: :mad: :evil:

bastards!!!! I hate MTV even more now.
HARDCORE!!!

OMG. I can't believe I din't think fo you
until now because when I think on
a scale of one to ten you're like YWELVE.
No, seriously?

I <3 my HLP!!!!!
superboots
EMO GIRL
EMO GIRL

Postby al_ » 8/21/2002, 9:23 pm

Ahree wrote:So if I weigh 80 pounds and wear super-tight clothes and bleach my hair I'll get front row?

not really, I saw a few large hefty men and women in front during the Default Rock n roll concert on mtv. And some...er, most....of the women in front didn't look like the supermodel type
al_
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby the android » 8/21/2002, 9:25 pm

Wow.

I'm shocked. 8O
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android

Postby UltraViolet » 8/23/2002, 6:45 pm

I can say that they did let in *WILL CALL PEOPLE* first,
there were alot of diehards who made it up front. Yeah.

You will see them singing*ALL THE SONGS* on TV.

this wasa a great show. I only wish it all made it on air instead of a few songs. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet

Postby areusad831 » 8/23/2002, 8:46 pm

what was the set? and did they play songs more then once?
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby Kid_A_42 » 8/25/2002, 6:43 pm

I must tell about my experience at the Cleveland show. It was pretty unique.

First off, it was my first major concert EVER. I was pretty excited that it was at an OLP concert. So we got to Cleveland at 7:30, and the line wasn't that bad. We had to drive around Cleveland though, looking for some food. We finally found a Subway, ate fast and went to the venue. Long line. We were towards the back. Anyway, when we finally got into the place, every spot on the floor was taken. There was no place. So we walked around, looking for a decent spot. None. There were so many people packed into that place... so we ended up on the third floor on a bench, looking through four panes of glass at the front row on the floor and catching a glimpse of people on the stage every so often. CRAPOLA. Then Audiovent started. I could see the singer's head. I kept riding the escalators so I could see a little bit. (Which I saw that the singer looked like he had just gotten back from a gay rodeo). Audiovent sucked in my opinon, but I really could have cared less. I was pissed about our shit seats. So I kept walking all over the place, looking for a better place. At one point I couldn't get to the escalators so I said "Excuse me, I'm trying to get to the escalators" and some bitch was like "Yeah I bet you're trying to get to the fucking escalators bitch" and I turned around and was like "I will punch you in the fucking face. Don't mess with me." I have a temper. Anyway, I went back to my shitty seats, bummed.

Now, nobody here knows what kind of a person I am. But I will tell you this much: I do not take shit. I will not let people stomp all over me, and I will not have my first concert experience suck ass. So I found the closest guy to me who worked at the RARHOF and, well, in short, ranted to him about my situation and how they shouldn't have crowded so many people in there and how much MTV sucks. He listened, chuckled, and asked how many people were with me. Four I say. Okay he says. And he leaves. And I just sigh. And continue my search for a better seat. At one point I come back to my friends, feeling defeated. And the guy comes back and says he has a deal. I took one of my friends with me (As not to lose our already shitty seats) and looked at the place. Directly backstage, behind a store gate. Good enough. We moved there. And one of the coolest moments of my life. OLP came out, right in front of us, about to go on stage. I just watched them for a few moments, and then I yelled to Jeremy. He looked up, smiled and waved. I thought I was going to pee my pants. Then Raine looked and waved. Awesome. Then they went on, did "All for You", and a big, black security guard with a grey gotee told us we couldn't be back there. So we pointed to the guy who took us down there, and the guard was told us "He doesn't have any authority" Well, I got a little pissed, because obviously he had some kind of authority. He talked to the main shleng-ding to get us down there. I argued for a bit with the guard, and he finally went "LADY, you can't be down here and I will remove you with force" That made me laugh, because I think I look about 12 years old. So I got out of there, and watched the guard argue with the guy. The guy lost though, so he moved us to another spot, on the floor but way way off to the side. I could only see Duncan and a huge stack, and glimpses of Raine, but it was good enough for me. Then the guy, who had already gone WAY out of his way, came back and offered us another spot. We kindly rejected it, saying this was good enough. I didn't want to get in front of anybody and make their show horrible or piss them off or anything. So we continued watching the show from the same spot.

But then he came back again and didn't even ask us if we wanted to move, he just grabbed one of us and the rest followed. He lead us through the crowd, people were giving us dirty looks, and I must admit, it was a good feeling. I felt superior, because I was going to a better place. He stuck us in the crowd in front of the stage, on the right by all of the staff, at the back of the little section. We were really close. A pillar was in my way of seeing Steve, but I could see everyone else great. Then when they said they were "done" a lot of people started to leave. So we got to move up even closer. I could see the whole stage. And then they did the (extended) encore, which I can't even remember but it was great. After the show, we went up to the guy, found out his name (Craig) and thanked him over and over again. (I almost hugged him, but I think he was already like WTF? All I did was move you around all night) That man made my first concert one of the best experiences of my life. Thank you so much Craig, wherever you are. The night was so awesome. We talked about it the whole way home.... awesome. I didn't go to bed until 4:30 I was so hyper.
Kid_A_42

Previous