ClumsyMonkey.net

August 9th Minneapolis

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

August 9th Minneapolis

Postby curtman16 » 7/14/2002, 11:06 pm

I'm going to plan my vacation around this concert so I will get to see OLP for the second time in my life this summer :) Who is coming with me?¿ Now this is Minneapolis, not KC, there must be SOMEONE from here going.
"If I found a hot woman to have sex with me, so can you!"
Supporting the Turnerists

*^ The ashtray says, you were up all night
When you went to bed, with your darkest mind
Your pillow wept, and covered your eyes
And you finally slept, while the sun caught fire ^*

HARDCORE!
curtman16

Postby curtman16 » 8/1/2002, 2:35 am

:( No one is going?¿ I'm going to try to bootleg it if I get my minidisc player from this guy in time. If he is in Kansas City, Kansas, I might have my friend pay him cash and pick it up for me. Then meet him in St. Joe sometime. Otherwise, I'll have to hope he can send it in time. But his email address doesn't work, but i did get a phone number for him, so hopefully I can find the guy.

HARDCORE!
curtman16

Postby Pyramanica_Naveedess » 8/8/2002, 9:35 pm

I'm going!!! I'm going!!! EEeeEEe. Seriously, I am going to the Quest Club show in MPLS. If you wanna chat with me there that's great, I'll be the girl with purple "dredlocks" - I doubt you can miss me. hehe.

Hope I'm not posting too late!

~*~SaRah~*~
<body link="#999999" vlink="#CCCCCC" alink="#999999">
<p align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#006600">~<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#FF33CC">*</font><font color="#006600">~<font color="#33FFFF" size="+2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">SaRah</font>~</font><font color="#FF33CC">*</font><font color="#006600">~<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font></font></font></font></font></p><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#006600"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><br><font size=12><font color="#333333" size="+1">I'm 14,000,000 miles away from <font color="#00FFFF">sane</font></a></font></font></font></font><font color="#00FFFF" size="3"><a href="http://www.blueoctoberfan.com"> ~ Blue October</a></font>
</body>
Pyramanica_Naveedess

Postby curtman16 » 8/9/2002, 10:04 am

Coolness, I'll be wearing my clumsymonkey t-shirt and trying to conceal my recording equipment. Have you ever been to the quest club before?¿ Cuz I was wondering what the atmosphere was going to be like.

HARDCORE!
curtman16

Postby curtman16 » 8/10/2002, 12:07 am

I saw no purple dreadlocks :( I wasn't wearing my clumsymonkey shirt either cuz my olp shirt was darker and i bootlegged the show :mrgreen:

HARDCORE!
curtman16

Postby Pyramanica_Naveedess » 8/11/2002, 4:19 pm

yeah, I didnt see you either, I was about ten or fifteen pple back from the front of the line, and you couldnt tell i had purple dreds inside the club cuz it was dark, but you could outside, hehe. Anyway, here;s what i posted on the CC..

Yikes! What a show! This was my second time seeing OLP, at the same venue as last year's was. I went with a few friends of mine and got 2 dozen pictures, which I should have ready to post in a few days :) I didnt take down the setlist, but they played a lot of Gravity songs in the beginning of the show, then played more older stuff gradually, and basically about the same as some previous set lists on this tour.

Steve was rockin' out the whole concert, he was alive on stage. I will agree that he had a slightly different style, but reguardless was a pretty good performer.

Jeremy was doin good at the drums the whole show, it kinda stinks cuz he's so high up and far back, it';s hard to see him!!! I did manage to snap a few photos of the band with my good camera before the show (when they were walking down the street), though.

Duncan looked pretty happy and peppy as well, i think after i left the pit towards the end he was giving out high fives and stuff, but I never saw that - my friend amy said she touched him, lol.

Raine... my god.. he's a lunatic, i swear, i wish i could do things like this... but during this show, he fucking jumped off the balcony into the crowd! Here's the long version of the story..

During OMA, he climbed up to the balcony, of course. Things were going as I thought they were.. except he stayed on the edge of the balcony and kept singing (instead of jumping over the railing onto the balcony), at times flailing a leg or an arm out for physical enunciation of the words... as he does.. and during an instrumental break... he was kind of squatting down.. .and everyone below him held up their arms like he was going to jump... and Raine looked down... looked around.. he was acting kind of spacy, like he always seems to look, :P like he was thinking.. and then he got back up and kept singing the song... he kept acting like he was gonna take off his mic pack, but he didn't.... he looked over at Duncan.. and Duncan shook his head like he was telling Raine, "Do it!".... then he threw off his mic pack.. squatted down... and fucking jumped facing the ceiling, and everyone caught him and carried him back to the stage without a hitch, it was just like the gravity video!! Only Raine wasn't some good-looking girl, he was him! It was quite bizarre, I loved it! Afterwards, he said "you guys are some solid (i cant remember what he said.. something like solid mo-fo's but i dont know if he swore, lol im prolly wrong at what he said, it was cool none-the less)". That, to me, was the highlight of the show. :)

I left the pit about seven songs into the set.. i was too damn tired and de-hydrated. I could have roughed it out, but i have seen them before from the front row, so i decided to let others have their turn.

Nothing too exciting after that, the singer for greenwheel is nuts, he absolutely vibrates when he sings, damn... i wasnt too into the music, but fuck does that guy have passion when he sings... so i was like "SHIT YEAH!" hehe.

Audiovent seemed more laid back, although they all seemed very happy to be there playing at the show. And yes, brandon boyd's brother looked like him! LOL they have the same poofy hair! I didnt care for audiovents music all that much either, but they weren't bad or anything.

Thats about all for now... I have some chores to do but if anyone else gets the chance to see OLP, DOOOOOOOO it!
<body link="#999999" vlink="#CCCCCC" alink="#999999">
<p align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#006600">~<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#FF33CC">*</font><font color="#006600">~<font color="#33FFFF" size="+2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">SaRah</font>~</font><font color="#FF33CC">*</font><font color="#006600">~<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font></font></font></font></font></p><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#006600"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><br><font size=12><font color="#333333" size="+1">I'm 14,000,000 miles away from <font color="#00FFFF">sane</font></a></font></font></font></font><font color="#00FFFF" size="3"><a href="http://www.blueoctoberfan.com"> ~ Blue October</a></font>
</body>
Pyramanica_Naveedess

Postby al_ » 8/12/2002, 2:53 am

oh sarah, you need to lay off the crack.
al_
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005