ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP in Seattle

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

OLP in Seattle

Postby Odin » 7/8/2002, 9:59 pm

I just checked that OLP is going to be in Seattle on August 4th! I live in Richmond, B.C. so I might be able to go. Anyway, there is no way I'm going to a concert alone which will be the most ridiculous thing to do. Is anyone is B.C. planning to go to that concert? I'm gonna need a ride and stuff. So anyone?
Al's emails put a smile on my face, even though all they say is "You've got a private message!"
Odin

Postby christa lynn » 7/8/2002, 10:02 pm

Damn, I can't go. I only get Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. Sorry, but deniedjunkie's bound to be going, he was going to the last one before it got cancelled.
this message brought to you by: astronerds inc. - come to us for all your astro/physics/math curiosities
christa lynn
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Re: OLP in Seattle

Postby deniedjunkie » 7/9/2002, 8:47 am

Odin wrote:I just checked that OLP is going to be in Seattle on August 4th! I live in Richmond, B.C. so I might be able to go. Anyway, there is no way I'm going to a concert alone which will be the most ridiculous thing to do. Is anyone is B.C. planning to go to that concert? I'm gonna need a ride and stuff. So anyone?

ya im going, aim me at deniedjunkie or msn me denjky@hotmail.com

im not sure what exactly im doing though because im already going to the portland show the night before,

oh and does anyone know if they will be honering the endfest tickets for this show
www.unitedforpeace.org

"People like victory. They don t like justification. Once you are victorious, that s it. You don t have to justify."

R.I.P
Domenic Mobilio(1969-2004)
deniedjunkie

Postby Odin » 7/9/2002, 3:22 pm

Sent you an email, check it!
Al's emails put a smile on my face, even though all they say is "You've got a private message!"
Odin

Postby forsaken_olp » 7/9/2002, 3:25 pm

i might go... but i can't help u with the ride thing... i'd be goin w/ my folks - lol!! we're supposed to goin on vacation in seattle at that time what were the chances olp would be there then? cool! and its not even like a festival either they are headliners! yesssssssss!
and when you climb up to your hill, up to your place, i hope you're well
<a href=http://www.freewebz.com/olp/>Acoustic Hope</a>
forsaken_olp

Postby deniedjunkie » 7/9/2002, 3:39 pm

Odin wrote:Sent you an email, check it!

please re-send it to this address: ttokaryk@shaw.ca, my hotmail address is no longer there
www.unitedforpeace.org

"People like victory. They don t like justification. Once you are victorious, that s it. You don t have to justify."

R.I.P
deniedjunkie

Postby Odin » 7/9/2002, 4:13 pm

Done!
Odin

Postby deniedjunkie » 7/10/2002, 1:50 pm

for whatever reason im not getting your email.
www.unitedforpeace.org

R.I.P
deniedjunkie

Postby Odin » 7/10/2002, 6:42 pm

I resent it this time, last time I used Outlook Express so maybe that didn't work. You should have it by now.
Odin

Postby deniedjunkie » 7/25/2002, 9:28 am

On The End:
Somewhere Out There. Sunday
August 4th, The End welcomes Our
Lady Peace, with Audiovent, to the
Moore Theatre. And because OLP
had to cancel their performance at
EndFest 11 due to injury, we've got
a way for a lot of this Canadian combo's fans to
see the show for free. Next Tuesday (7/30) and
Wednesday (7/31), The End's Mods will be on the
streets of Seattle trading ticket stubs from
EndFest 11 for tickets to see Our Lady Peace at
the Moore. Here's where to find 'em:

Tuesday 7/30: 11am at Wherehouse Music in
Lynnwood (19800 44th Ave. W, Suite C-D); and
3pm at The Cue Lounge in Kent (19611 S. East
Valley Hwy).

Wednesday 7/31: 11am at the Sprint PCS store
in Redmond (7625 170th Ave. NE, right outside of
Redmond Towne Center); and 3pm at Golden
Gardens Park (at the end of Shilshole).

You must have your EndFest 11 ticket to
exchange for a ticket to the Our Lady Peace
concert. Our Lady Peace ticket supplies are
limited at each location. Mods will be at each
location for two hours or until tickets are gone.
First come, first served.
www.unitedforpeace.org

R.I.P
deniedjunkie

Postby balloot » 7/26/2002, 4:52 pm

I am in a similar position to Odin. I live in Bellevue, but I am only living here for the summer, and I don't know a lot of people. The people I do know aren't OLP fans and don't really want to buy a ticket. I REALLY want to see OLP, but I would like someone to go with. I have a car, and will provide a ride to anyone who wants to go with me. My email is <a href="mailto:lwisne@msn.com">lwisne@msn.com</a>.
balloot

Postby Odin » 8/3/2002, 6:32 pm

I thought I can get over with not going, but it's hanging in my head.

I can either desperately try forgetting about it; take a bus; hitchhike my way to Seattle; or call a friend that I haven't talked to for 5 months that I don't really know and check if he's going. These are my options.

Might as well forget about it, Raine Maida can't sing anyway.
Odin

Postby deniedjunkie » 8/5/2002, 11:39 am

i went to the show last night in seattle, but i must say that even though the band was awsome as usual , i had a much better time in portland the night before,i got to the venue in seattle about 2 hours before the show and the line was already wraped around the block and i got inside and the place was packed(main floor and two balconys) and i was thinking to myself this is gonna be a great show, seattle really loves their olp.

but i got to say this is maybe the worst olp crowd ever and this was like my 15th show, never mind messing up the words to is any body home they didnt even sing it and trying to get them to sing in supermans dead was a lost cause, raine sometime says thats not good enough and the crowd sings it again ,well he had the crowd sing it not twice but 3 times,and as for 4am, i think me and maybe half a dozen other people were the only ones singing, it was quite embarassing.

however i stook around after the show to chat a bit with the band and get my gravity cover signed,

steve confermed that a live album will be out in about 6 months and canadian tour around october/november, and the way the band is going he wouldnt be surprised if a new album was out in about a year
www.unitedforpeace.org

R.I.P
deniedjunkie

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/5/2002, 6:22 pm

The guy doing to countdown on VH1 is apparently a big OLP fan and he said that Gravity was supposed to be just a couple of songs for a live album and it ended up being an album of its own(i already knew that) but he also said that they were still going to put out a live album, which i am GREATLY looking forward too, so i guess that just supports what steve said. other than that, it really has no relevence. i wish they would put out a dvd. on the new album thing, i think they should take their time on the next album. i don't want them to just start mass producing music. it's one thing to have a big flow of ideas and have some really great songs come out of it, but it's another to be pressured into throwing together an album by your record company. hopefully olp is going through the first because i'd hate to see an album of sub-par music, as if that's even possible from olp.

okay, yeah, i just totally confused myself. what was my point in this post?
luckyJQ9

Postby UltraViolet » 8/6/2002, 5:49 pm

the actual story is this. Last year on the SM tour they taped alot of shows for a live CD that the record company wanted to put out.
they were looking for people to work with. They came up with Bob Rock and went down to do a few songs. They ended up doing new stuff and Bob told them let's try for an album-which turned into Gravity.

I don't think the band really had any intentions of doing another CD so close after SM especially since SM was released so close after Happiness. But I guessd you have to strike while the fire is hot. :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet