ClumsyMonkey.net

Aug. 13th Philly Show!!

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Aug. 13th Philly Show!!

Postby luckyJQ9 » 6/29/2002, 1:11 pm

I'll get to see them twice in one summer....ahh....it's heaven on earth. It's at the Electric Factory though. There better not be freakin' teenies cause I'll just throw them out of the way! Whahahaha, they better not cancel.:evil:

Anyone else going?
luckyJQ9

Postby biggreenmonkey217 » 8/3/2002, 12:32 pm

cancel?? 8O please, don't even suggest that. the Electric Factory rocks..great venue, its small but its large enough where most people will be able to breathe, unlike the Birch Hill venue...as for teeny boopers, I'll kick their booties if they try to get in front of me :evil: but you know what, I'm not going to let anyone bother me that's in the crowed, because at Birch Hill some people were annoying me and I just didn't want it to effect my good time..and you know what, it didn't :)
"You've got to keep it pure. You enter as a musician and if you're not careful, you end up as an entertainer." -Raine Maida

mmmMMMBA!
biggreenmonkey217

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/3/2002, 1:04 pm

I kind of got annoyed/distracted at the Lancaster show I went to because there were these girls there....they must've been 4'11 and 12 years old, and they were wearing mini skirts and gogo boots...but on top of that...which I wouldn't normally mind, they were like...skanky dancing to the music. EVERY song! They started with Marc Copely and went all the way through OLP, and they were like...rap/dance music dancing...like grinding it....so I kepted giving them the "what the hell are you doing?" eye. You could tell the only reason they went was because they didn't have anything better to do, and they were cheap tickets, but it was really annoying. You don't GRIND during 4am!!

Is anyone else going to the Philly show?! What about Atlantic City? I'm not going to Atlantic City but I entered the contest for the free tickets and if I win, then I'm going, but the chances of that happening are like...1/5 billion.
luckyJQ9

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 8/3/2002, 1:08 pm

Lucky, you should take my offer on the extra ticket to see OLP in Rochester. Anyone should, because it's OLP.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/3/2002, 1:09 pm

I so would but HOW exactly would I get to Rochester? :lol: When is that show?
luckyJQ9

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/3/2002, 1:11 pm

duh...nevermind...the 12th. i work that day cause i took of the 13th for the philly show...of course, how much would rite aid actually miss me?
luckyJQ9

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/11/2002, 12:39 pm

Alright, two days and the clock is ticking. So finally tally time. Who here is going to the Aug. 13th show in Philly? Come on peeps, I wanna see a lot of CM'ers there! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, and if you are going, what time do you plan on showing up?
luckyJQ9

Postby biggreenmonkey217 » 8/11/2002, 10:31 pm

I think I am going to be there around 3:30..4ish..I can't get a ride any earlier, so I'm kinda stuck. If I could drive *sigh* I would be there as early as 4AM :) what time is everyone else showing up??
"You've got to keep it pure. You enter as a musician and if you're not careful, you end up as an entertainer." -Raine Maida

mmmMMMBA!
biggreenmonkey217

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/12/2002, 11:09 am

i'll prolly be there around 4-4:30ish. my ride doesn't really want to show up that early, but if i can coax her maybe she'll take me earlier. i want to be in the front row but i have a feeling that that isn't going to happen :uh:
luckyJQ9

Postby biggreenmonkey217 » 8/12/2002, 7:45 pm

why do you think that? I am sure, if you try, you can get up in the front row...at least thats what I hope. Me and my OLP posse went to see them in Birch Hill and we got there like 2 hours early and we got front row...I am afraid tho, since Electric Factory is sorta big (at least for an OLP concert) and since OLP is more popular in the states that I too will be thrown in the back with the people who don't even want to be there and that will make me cry :cry: so everyone better watch out because I am going to bust through people, hands and knees if nessecary to get up front :D goddamnit. :nod:

mmmMMMBA!
biggreenmonkey217

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/13/2002, 7:08 am

haha, i think there's going to be a lot of people there who don't even really like OLP, especially since it's a radio sponsored concert, AND because Audiovent is playing and they're getting really popular around here. I think more people might know who they are than OLP, at least the one's I've asked. I'm like, "I'm going to see Our Lady Peace tomorrow!" and this is the response I get, "Who? Wait, isn't that the band that was popular in like...1997?" And I'm like, "arrghh...they're still around, they did SOT. They're playing with Audiovent and Greenwheel." And they go, "ooohh...Audiovent, I know them, mini-Incubus. Yeah, I like them!"

So yeah, that isn't much of anything but just a conversation I had yesterday. It made me depressed. :uh:
luckyJQ9

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/14/2002, 1:39 pm

Wow, this show was 10 times better than the Lancaster show I went to, and at the time I thought the Lancaster show was the best concert I'd ever seen. I got to stand in the very front right in front of Raine, and I got some awesome pictures. I'm scanning them up right now, so I'll have some up sometime today! :mrgreen:
luckyJQ9

Postby linders » 8/14/2002, 3:11 pm

Wow, please share. I was there also. A little peeved by the fact that the fans on the walls didn't help at ALL. It was almost like a sauna where I was standing.
linders

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/14/2002, 4:02 pm

okay people, as promised. they are kinda grainy looking cause of the flash, and my scanner sucks it scanned them all up blurry and i had to sharpen them slightly. disregard some strange shape on some. i went to every length to get the bouncer's heads out of the shots. there are also WAY more of raine because he was right in front of me and i got camera happy...soorrrryy...enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/luckyJQ33/olp.html
luckyJQ9

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/14/2002, 4:04 pm

also, for you computer genius' out there, don't make fun of my make-shift webpage thingie. i threw it together in like...5 minutes and things might be spelled wrong and stuff. :mrgreen:
luckyJQ9

Postby linders » 8/14/2002, 4:59 pm

Very nice pictures. :nod: Looks like you had excellent view!
linders

Postby biggreenmonkey217 » 8/15/2002, 2:42 pm

wow that concert was AMAZING...here's my concert experience...

we got there around 5:00 and saw about 20 people in line before us, including a friend of mine I was meeting up with. we waited for about 2 hours or so for the doors to open and *unfortunately* they checked purses at the door and I had tried to bring my camera and they took away the battery for my camera, those bastards. We get in and I run to the front, and I got right against the rail center/right side, right next to Duncan. Greenwheel came out first and their performance was incredable. I had heard a couple songs of theirs before, I especially liked the song "Identity". The lead singer reminded me of Raine at times, he got really into his music and showed a lot of his own emotions, which really made a lot of his songs. Audiovent came out after, and I guess they were pretty good. The crowd went nuts and I *painfully* was squashed against the railing, but hey..that happens at most concerts. They did a couple songs then got off and then about 20 minutes later...OLP! The crowd was pretty nice, I honestly didn't see many teenies...tho we saw one girl who was dressed more for a CLUB then a concert and me and my buddies were planning on jumping her :evil: anyways...Our Lady Peace came out and opened with All For You. The sound quality was pretty bad at the beginning of the concert, Steve and Duncan were way louder then Raine so we could barely hear Raine. That was fixed like 2 songs into the concert. The highlight was definately "One Man Army" and I loved when they did the extra intro to "Is Anybody Home?" and when I saw "The Birdman" and "Are You Sad"..it was alll good :) :) When Raine climbed the speakers to the balcony..man how sweet was that. LOL when the bouncers were getting him back to the stage, they looked PISSED. I hope that wasn't the last time they would be invited to perform at the factory..lol :freak: I brought my camera but got the battery taken away, goddamnit lol tried meeting them again but didn't work since now you need to have a special pass or some shit like that...there's the price for their popularity..now the rich kids can only meet them :mad: all and all, it was a kickass concert :mrgreen:

mmmMMMBA!
biggreenmonkey217

Postby linders » 8/15/2002, 2:48 pm

Yeah, that's why I put in an old battery and bring new ones :lol:

You only need to buy the Gravity album to get the pass. There were about 200 of them towards the left of the entrance. Unfortunately, I couldn't go because my ride had to work the following day and wanted to get back as early as possible. :mad:

But as we were walking out, there were probably 50 extra copies left. I guess a lot of people didn't know about it?
linders

Postby luckyJQ9 » 8/15/2002, 3:06 pm

They took away my battery too, but I hid an extra one in the bottom. I was so pissed that they wouldn't let me see the band afterwards too! They made me wait behind a gate, next too the Greenwheel bus, and wouldn't let us go until everyone except Steve was on the bus. Luckily, I still got to get his autograph and a picture with him, but it wasn't fair how they let other people meet everyone, and we just had to pick like buzzards. None the less, I'm quite happy! I was front row, center, right in front of Raine. Maybe you saw me...or maybe you were one of the people who were really pissed off at me..hehe. I'm such a greedy fan... :mrgreen:
luckyJQ9

Postby UltraViolet » 8/15/2002, 4:29 pm

luckyJQ9 wrote:okay people, as promised. they are kinda grainy looking cause of the flash, and my scanner sucks it scanned them all up blurry and i had to sharpen them slightly. disregard some strange shape on some. i went to every length to get the bouncer's heads out of the shots. there are also WAY more of raine because he was right in front of me and i got camera happy...soorrrryy...enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/luckyJQ33/olp.html

cool photos. I love the Balcony one. GOD I was like WTF when he fell into the crowd. I even asked him what is up with that. he said it is fun. Yeah Righ Raine. I keep thinking Chantal will get a call.

hello Mrs. Maida your husband is in intensive care with mutiple fractures and a concusiion.

Chantal thinks to herself. Damn I told him to stop all the acrobats already. GOD damn never listens to me.

okay I am through, but you serious wonder what goes through the band's mind everytime Raine does this. :love: :love:
R.I.P Joe Strummer
well some things you can explain away, but my heartache's in me till this day
Peace and Love
GAIL E.
Member of Maida Mafia(Mistress)
Coutts Cartel(Concubine)
S.A.S-MP1
[I need relevance, Intelligence
A new tattoo and a lot more SEX

OL F*K'N P
www.warchild.ca
UltraViolet