ClumsyMonkey.net

Moon vs Sun / 11-3-18 / Milton, ON

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Moon vs Sun / 11-3-18 / Milton, ON

Postby Hugh23 » 11/4/2018, 8:36 pm

8:05pm

1. New / Unknown
2. Yellow Brick Road
3. Sorry (?)
4. New / Unknown (Excellent)
5. New / Unknown ( Excellent)
6. Innocent
7. I Don't Need You, But I Want You
8. Love You To Pieces (?)

8:45pm

Intermission

9:00pm

9. St. Josephine - New (I really loved this one!)
10. Bring that Boy to Me
11. I Think I'll Get Through Anything (?) - New
12. Brain Fart - I didn't write anything down
13. Brain Fart - I didn't write anything down
14. Wayne
15. New / Unknown
16. Low Life - New

Encore

1. I Will Always Love You - (The Cure cover)
2. Brain Fart - I didn't write anything down
3. Superman's Dead

10:15pm

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary by attending the Moon vs Sun concert on our actual anniversary date. We traveled from Detroit to Milton, ON to the sold out FirstOntario Arts Centre which holds 500 people. There was also an adjoining theatre which was holding a play. The building also included a library. Our tickets said, 'Doors @ 7pm Show @ 8pm". We walked in the door at 7:45pm thinking we had just enough time to get a drink and find our seats. We ordered a beer and a glass of wine. The bartender told us we weren't allowed to bring alcohol into the theatre. 8O A quick change of plans and I ordered a water instead of a beer and bought my wife the wine. There was a scheduled intermission for the show and the bartender said we could preorder drinks and they would be waiting for us when we came out. I ordered two beers and another glass of wine. I went to our seats while my wife chugged her glass in 14 minutes.

We had 5th row Orch right. My wife and I saw Moon vs Sun in Windsor, ON in February 2016. We enjoyed that concert and we were expecting more of the same at this show. We were pleasantly surprised with lots of new, meaningful and good sounding music. I have never been to a Chantal Kreviazuk concert, but they are probably somewhat more reserved and commonly have intermission in comparison to the 21 OLP concerts I have attended. I was excited for the concert to begin, but there was a reserved energy in the air. I would say the fans were evenly split between Chantal & OLP fans. The band consisted of Chantal on piano, Raine on guitar, Jason Pierce on drums and Kevin Fox on cello. Chantal and Raine took turns sing each other's material and they sang together on most of the new songs. I wanted to stand up and dance or move to the music, but everyone remained seated. I cheered and whistled loudly after the first two songs. I got some strange looks, but the other fans loosened up and began to cheer on Chantal and Raine.

The intermission came about and I was full of excitement and energy. I didn't want the show to pause. My wife and I went out to the lobby and as promised, our drinks were ready. I slammed down two Keith's and my wife chugged her wine again. We returned to our seats and Raine explained the new Moon vs Sun album would be released on 1-18-19 along with an upcoming documentary type film on how the album came to life. The album was recorded somewhere in France. St. Josephine was the first song played after the intermission. It was my favorite of the night. Raine played his acoustic guitar and the harmonica at the same time (ala Bob Dylan). I have never seen him do that before and it was cool! Raine made a funny comment. He said during the song his beard got caught in his harmonica and it hurt a bit, but he didn't want to stop and wreck the song.

The next few songs Chantal surprised me by getting up from behind the piano and taking over the acoustic guitar. Raine took his wife's seat at the piano. Both of them did amazingly well in their reversed rolls. Chantal was wearing a black dress which came about four inches above her knees. She was also wearing these cool looking black boots which came two inches above her knees. She looked elegant and like a rocker!

The only glitch in the show was me. Just before song #10 was played and Chantal took over the guitar, those two beers I slammed down kicked in and I was cheering too raucously. Raine politely told me to chill out and shut the eff up in some more civilized words. I apologize and I was embarrassed. That was one of the reasons I had some holes in my set list. Thankfully, Chantal and Raine overlooked my enthusiasm and they said hello to us at an after show "meet & greet". They are a really talented and cool, loving married couple.

Hugh23

Re: Moon vs Sun / 11-3-18 / Milton, ON

Postby Tinman » 12/14/2018, 8:38 am

Sounds like a great time. I didn't realize Jason was on this tour, very cool
Tinman