ClumsyMonkey.net

Chicago, IL - House of Blues - Nov. 2, 2017

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Chicago, IL - House of Blues - Nov. 2, 2017

Postby Hugh23 » 10/5/2017, 11:59 pm

Concert Night 3 of 3. Say hello if you see me on the GA main floor.
Hugh23

Re: Chicago, IL - House of Blues - Nov. 2, 2017

Postby Hugh23 » 11/3/2017, 2:29 pm

9:04pm

1. Superman
2. Automatic Flowers
3. Big Dumb Rocket
4. Car Crash
5. Innocent
6. Is Anybody Home?
7. Rabbits
8. Head Down
9. Paper Moon / Life
10. Somewhere Out There
11. Drop Me in the Water
12. R.K. 2029 / In Repair
13. Clumsy
14. One Man Army

10:12pm

Encore (10:14pm)

1. 4AM
2. Not Enough
3. Starseed

10:35pm

A loud cheer went up as OLP took the stage and began to play Superman. The fans were into the music, but everyone seemed subdued. I'll have to admit, my energy level was low being it was my 3rd time watching the band perform in four nights. I was excited to see OLP jam out, but I lost my voice singing/shouting/cheering at the previous two concerts. I wasn't much support for the band. As the band nearly finished playing Superman, Raine looked to the crowd to sing the chorus. He got a tepid response. The guys played a few more bars of the song when Raine suddenly asked everyone to stop playing. He looked out into the crowd and said, "I've got to know something before we go any further. Are you guys 'all in' ?" This time the fans roared back a resounding cheer. The song ended with everyone singing along with Raine. Raine, Duncan, Steve & Jason had to continue to play a little harder then they did the previous nights to draw the crowd out of their shell. As the set list progressed the fans became louder and they enjoyed themselves more.

The two songs I enjoyed the most were Car Crash and One Man Army. During Car Crash the guys running the sound board put a nice echo effect on Raine's mic during portions of his lyrics. Steve played his guitar riffs with an echo that complimented Raine's vocals. It made the song slightly different, but still cool. One Man Army is a song I've always enjoyed and it was a new addition to the set list for me. It seemed to me the band members really had fun playing this one. It sounded a little harder then the album version. Raine was so pumped up he grabbed his megaphone and began singing into it while bouncing from one side of the stage to the other. It was a great way to finish the main set.

Hugh23

Re: Chicago, IL - House of Blues - Nov. 2, 2017

Postby xjsb125 » 11/3/2017, 4:45 pm

Those are some great shots of Steve. I do like the echo/reverb on Raine's vocals this tour. You really have to be at the right angle to hear them clearly, but they're there.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010