ClumsyMonkey.net

House of Blues - Cleveland July 27,2012

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

House of Blues - Cleveland July 27,2012

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 6/27/2012, 9:37 pm

Only a month away. Anybody going to this one besides me and Locobone?
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Re: House of Blues - Cleveland July 27,2012

Postby jheadley23 » 7/4/2012, 1:17 am

Meeeeeee :dance:
jheadley23

Postby Hugh23 » 7/28/2012, 8:42 am

My wife and I drove from Detroit to Cleveland to see OLP for our fourth time. The Cleveland crowd was amped up to see the band and there was electricity in the atmosphere. The fans swayed to the music, singing along with Raine. Raine was clean shaven, losing the full beard he sported during his Detroit performance on the first half of the US club tour. After a two week layoff since returning from their European tour, the band looked refreshed. OLP sounded extremely tight with Raine singing and performing with emotion. Raine could sense the excitement flowing from the fans and he mentioned it several times. Raine's performance was stellar, but the final encore lacked his signature climbing into the balcony from the stage. (To be honest, the HOB venue was not conducive for Raine to do any climbing). Steve's guitar was screaming. Many of his lead solos were "album perfect". Jeremy's assertive drumming blended perfectly with Duncan's bass as Duncan plucked away at his strings from stage right. During many of the songs, Duncan struck a "Captain Morgan" pose, with his left leg propped up on his playback amp, as he surveyed the crowd. After the show, my wife and I waited by the tour bus with other fans. We were able to meet Steve and speak with him for about 10 minutes. Watching a great concert and meeting Steve capped a wonderful and rainy night in Cleveland.

While I have heard OLP on the radio for many years, I am a relative newbie to their complete discography and seeing them perform live. I wrote down the setlist list as it was performed. I am missing one song which I hope another fan can fill in for me. It is a popular one from their catalogue, I just don't know the title. Hopefully, ClumsyGirl618 or someone else can help me out.

Setlist in order:

9:45pm
1. Allowance
2. Fire in the Henhouse
3. Monkey Brains
4. ?????????
5. Superman
6. Not Enough
7. One Man Army
8. Heavyweight
9. Thief - Acoustic (Raine mentioned this song is OLP's cover of a song written by Nina Kim)
10. Rabbits
11. Clumsy
12. As Fast As You Can
13. Starseed

1st Encore
1. Paper Moon (fading into the next song)
2. Life
3. Naveed

2nd Encore
1. 4AM
11:15pm
Hugh23

Postby xjsb125 » 7/28/2012, 9:14 am

Looks like you may have missed two songs. Setlist.fm says that Is Anybody Home?, and Innocent were between Monkey Brains and Superman's Dead. Thief was written for Mina Kim, not by her. She was a young girl dying from cancer that the band got to know. Glad to see Life back in the setlist. I hate when it gets piggy-backed onto In Repair or Naveed. Glad you had a great time and thanks for the setlist!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 7/28/2012, 10:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTSqGyO2Hg
A clip of Not Enough...in the bridge there is a drum solo that is fucking amazing! I tweeted at Jer that this type of things needs to be in studio...and he retweet my tweet! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_YzvR2b2dE
Full Superman's Dead
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Locobone » 7/28/2012, 1:41 pm

Here's the full version of Not Enough.

http://youtu.be/PyVOeRBrkMw

Pics are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/locobone/
Last edited by Locobone on 7/28/2012, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locobone

Postby Hugh23 » 7/28/2012, 3:53 pm

xjsb125 wrote:Looks like you may have missed two songs. Setlist.fm says that Is Anybody Home?, and Innocent were between Monkey Brains and Superman's Dead. Thief was written for Mina Kim, not by her. She was a young girl dying from cancer that the band got to know. Glad to see Life back in the setlist. I hate when it gets piggy-backed onto In Repair or Naveed. Glad you had a great time and thanks for the setlist!

Thanks for the corrections xjsb125. Innocent was played and Is Anybody Home? was the one I didn't know the title. I see the mistake I made in my paper notes. I started writing on the back of one sheet of my note paper, which I don't normally do. Innocent and Is Anybody Home? did follow Monkey Brains. It appears I was distracted by a few beers and the fun I had singing along with Raine and dancing to the music. I also appreciate the correct background info for Thief which I heard incorrectly during the show.
Hugh23

Postby GreatLakes24 » 7/28/2012, 4:47 pm

The concert was amazing!! Although I have been a fan of OLP for years, this was my first time seeing them in concert. HOB was the perfect place to do it because i got to be so close to the stage. The energy was awesome including the guys behind me singing Oh Canada before OLP took the stage. Only problem is now I want to see them again. : )
Maybe she's found what we all dream about
GreatLakes24

Postby OLPManiac » 7/29/2012, 10:22 am

http://www.clumsymonkey.net/tourdates/? ... 012&i=2253
Some videos...really love Paper Moon that fades into Life...great!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac