ClumsyMonkey.net

San Francisco- 23Apr

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

San Francisco- 23Apr

Postby dorrrr » 4/4/2012, 1:50 pm

Hello everyone,

Anyone's attending this show? I'm planning to arrive from Israel to this one (:
I can use some help with finding myself in the city as I'll be there for not more than 24 Hrs for the show...

Please let me know :D
dorrrr

Re: San Francisco- 23Apr

Postby DG » 4/4/2012, 2:14 pm

Your flying from Israel for the concert!? Impressive.
DG

Postby faninor » 4/4/2012, 2:52 pm

We don't have very many members here from California, not sure if anyone else from here will be attending.

San Francisco has a great public transit system though -- one of the best on the west coast of the US -- if you're not renting a car. I believe you can take one of the BART lines (Bay Area Rapit Transit) to get from the airport to downtown near where they are playing. As long as you plan ahead, maybe use Google Maps to familiarize yourself with the areas you plan to go you should be ok.

If you have any questions in advance about San Francisco just ask... I'm no expert, but I spent a little bit of time there last year.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/4/2012, 3:00 pm

I have been to San Fran 1/2 dozen times. Easy to get around.

What airport are you flying into . If you can get a cheaper flight into Oakland there is a van service( about $20 or was last time I was out there) to San Fran..

easy to get around San Fran.. If you have questions shoot my way. My friend lives just outside San Fran..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby dorrrr » 4/5/2012, 8:57 am

hahayea some of u guys have met me a few (hmm 6) years ago , the last time i came to see a show (:
Im gonna have a long flight and I guess i'm gonna need a cheap hotel/motel as close as possible where the concert's taking place. but I guess u guys don't know the city THAT well. I will try Google maps though, maybe i can find something there...

also I don't thik i'll find my way with the public transportation so I guess i'll let the taxi drivers soak my wallet 8O
if anyone else is coming I can really use a company to find yself in thee city b4 the show ((:
thanks for the comments
dorrrr

Postby Furious George » 4/18/2012, 11:11 am

Yo! I'm most likely gonna be at the SF show! PM me and we can exchange contacts!

George
Furious George

Postby Furious George » 4/23/2012, 4:40 am

Dorr.. reply!!
Furious George

Postby xjsb125 » 4/24/2012, 5:44 pm

Do you have any info on this show?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby theirflowers11 » 4/25/2012, 12:30 am

I was at the show last night. I thought the band sounded incredible. I can't remember the entire set list but Thief was played as well as All my friends, Monkey brains, if this is it........ The band also did 2 encores as well, ending with 4am. I can't remember but I felt that the songs were in a little different order than some of the recent set lists Ive seen. The place was not sold out by any means. I've seen OLP many times over the years and I thought last night was as good as I've seen them. Minus a few small tuning issues Steve had.
theirflowers11

Postby Furious George » 4/25/2012, 1:11 am

Sup y'all. FUN FUN show last night. It was actually surprisingly vacant and low energy (audience-wise) up until near the end where the place started filling up and going crazy.. which is kinda cool in it's own way. I guess SF ain't much of an OLP city, so it speaks volumes that when people did start coming in (probably not fans) that they still went nuts as the show progressed. Was actually really excited to see people really getting pumped up and clapping along with As Fast As You Can as much as when they played staples like Clumsy, even though I'm pretty sure almost no one had heard it before. In other words.. I think this could be huge as a single if it gets enough airplay. Also, I thought Raine sounded amazing.. judging by his performances as of late, would not be surprised if he has been getting some vocal training..

Also..heard you guys were looking for a setlist..

^ The above is not super accurate.. they inserted Starseed right after As Fast...
They ended the first encore with Is Anybody Home? before the crowd went crazy again with the whole house stomping the floor, chanting "one more song." Cue 4AM, the end of the night, and a happy audience.

Also got to meet Raine after the show. Amazing night for an OLP fan. The small venue and audience actually worked out well for me. If I was back in Toronto, i'td have been considerably harder to get to the front of the crowd or meet the band.

Furious George

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/25/2012, 2:14 pm

congrats to you.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels