ClumsyMonkey.net

The Troubadour: West Hollywood April 24

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

The Troubadour: West Hollywood April 24

Postby faninor » 3/13/2012, 2:51 pm

Looks like this show is "off sale" now -- sold out already or did somebody remember the balcony incident from the last time they played there? :lol:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Re: The Troubadour: West Hollywood April 24

Postby faninor » 3/13/2012, 3:11 pm

It is sold out -- good job OLP! The Troubadour fits about 500 people. I don't think they've sold out a southern California show this quickly since the Viper Room residency 7 years ago (capacity there is ~250). The Viper Room show last year didn't sell out until the day of the show, I think. On the Burn Burn tour, I don't remember how long the Troubadour show took to sell out but I think it took a week or two... and the Anaheim House of Blues (capacity ~1000) show that year probably had tickets still available at the door.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 3/13/2012, 7:32 pm

hopefully Raine doesn't damage anything this time... I'm surprised they let them come back... I could have sworn Raine mentioned something about a possible lawsuit! :naughty:
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby faninor » 3/13/2012, 10:02 pm

It's true. :nam: That's Hollywood!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby faninor » 3/15/2012, 6:54 pm

30% of the tickets for this show have turned up on stubhub. I wouldn't be surprised if the scalpers take some losses on this one. If a significant number of these go unused I wonder if they would oversell the show at the door.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 3/15/2012, 8:09 pm

faninor wrote:30% of the tickets for this show have turned up on stubhub. I wouldn't be surprised if the scalpers take some losses on this one. If a significant number of these go unused I wonder if they would oversell the show at the door.

That sucks! That would actually be really awesome if that happened... maybe it would teach them a lesson... but I doubt it! Some people never learn. If Raine knew about this, I'm pretty sure his head would explode.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Tattooed Angels » 3/18/2012, 4:35 pm

Bree/Josh

we use to call those shows BOMBS.> meaning the scalpers took loses. As I wrote in Bowery link the closer it gets to show time. Usually about a few minutes before band ( headline comes on) they will sell them for much cheaper then price just to rid them. Hey any money is better then no money.. I will always remember the time my friend and I went to a show back in the day. the scalpers wanted 3x amount of show for front row. At time think it was about $80 for a 2 $25 ticket. We waited.. Finally he wanted some money so sold us both for $40..Less then original price of ticket.. lol..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby faninor » 3/26/2012, 11:23 am

Original cost (including per ticket fees, excluding shipping): $30.88
Lowest cost currently on stubhub.com: $24.70
Number of tickets currently available on stubhub.com below original cost: 53

Suck it, scalpers! :evil:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Tattooed Angels » 3/26/2012, 3:31 pm

faninor wrote:Original cost (including per ticket fees, excluding shipping): $30.88

It sucks that most of the tickets for this tour are on STUBHUB. unless people are stupid ( to spend that much money)there is going to be alot of tickets unsold which is worse. Unsold tickets mean that many less people at show. :(

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby kyks17 » 4/21/2012, 1:46 am

And here Josh was worried about buying tix before they sold out :P Should have waited and gotten the discount tickets.
<a href="http://www.chairpage.com">You don't know the truth and I love your life</a>

Yeah Hub!!

I <3 my Joshy! Josh #1!!
kyks17

Postby faninor » 4/23/2012, 7:05 pm

Looks like Of Verona is opening. They played with OLP at the Viper Room last September, good stuff. :duncan:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 4/23/2012, 8:09 pm

ooh nice! i remember that! :)
xoNoDoubt69
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/24/2012, 2:40 pm

faninor wrote:Original cost (including per ticket fees, excluding shipping): $30.88

Now the tickets range between $24.00 and $9.50 and it appears as though there are 52 left. Serves them right...

ClumsyGirl618

Postby faninor » 4/25/2012, 2:52 am

(from memory)

Allowance
Fire in the Hen House
Innocent
One Man Army
All My Friends
Superman's Dead
Monkey Brains
Thief
Find Our Way
Rabbits
Starseed
Clumsy
Heavyweight
---
As Fast As You Can
Is Anybody Home
Paper Moon
4am

Aaaaand that's the tour for now! Paper Moon was not on the printed setlist but they played it. If This Is It was printed but scratched out and replaced with Rabbits. I was hoping that we might hear Julia or Blister, but that's okay. Thief sounded top notch (Kym agreed, and she's a tough crowd for vocals). Kym met Duncan and Jeremy for the 1st time after the show. Raine went for more of the high stuff in One Man Army than I recall hearing before!

No balcony climbing, so hopefully no lawsuits. ;)
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/25/2012, 1:46 pm

How was IAH

Listen to the NYC version and he totally screwed up the 2nd verse. I think Raine needs to relearn that song or let audience sing it. LOL

Sounds like you had a great time.. Maybe there was something in writing that said your SINGER CAN NOT CLIMB OR YOU CAN NOT PLAY HERE. Who knows..

Must of been a good show if Kym was impressed. I know she is a tough critic.

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels