ClumsyMonkey.net

London, ON March 29

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Re: London, ON March 29

Postby faninor » 3/30/2012, 10:25 am

CMers can embed youtube + vimeo videos in the tour section, and can also upload photos from the show. If nobody else does it I'll probably try to keep things updated there.

http://www.clumsymonkey.net/tourdates/? ... 012&i=2220

It's meant for real videos though, rather than audio with a picture thrown on top! ;)
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby OLPManiac » 3/30/2012, 10:43 am

For those that are interested there is the playlist http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14698D2773A7C70A
the songs are all in order :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby johnpeterson » 3/30/2012, 10:44 am

wow, i gotta say raine sounds quite rusty in some of those videos. maybe it's just because he hasn't performed live in a while. still not singing the OMA chorus properly, he should really go back and listen to the studio version again.
johnpeterson

Postby faninor » 3/30/2012, 11:10 am

Keys in Innocent: too loud in the mix, not really feeling it
Keys in In Repair: definitely feeling it
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby VectorBoy » 3/30/2012, 11:15 am

Hey guys, glad you liked my recordings :) for easier access, here's a link directly to the playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95776FADACFB3912

Tried to get it as clear as I could; it seems like they had some audio issues early on (especially with Window seat).. but it gets cleaner as the concert progresses.

Oddly enough, "Thief" was on the set list, but they didn't play it :( IT was supposed to be right after Julia... Makes me a sad panda, as I love that song.

I've got 320kbps MP3s of the whole night for anyone that wants them.
VectorBoy

Postby faninor » 3/30/2012, 11:20 am

Hey there. Also sent you a message on youtube but I was wondering what gear you used to tape the show?

I'd love the MP3s, or better yet WAV or FLAC (if it was recorded at that quality). Thanks!

edit: I saw on the playlist -- Zoom H4n.I'd love to get the original file -- there was another taper at the show too so I might play around with mixing the sources if you'd be interested in letting us do that.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby OLPManiac » 3/30/2012, 11:25 am

VectorBoy wrote:Hey guys, glad you liked my recordings :) for easier access, here's a link directly to the playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95776FADACFB3912

Tried to get it as clear as I could; it seems like they had some audio issues early on (especially with Window seat).. but it gets cleaner as the concert progresses.

Oddly enough, "Thief" was on the set list, but they didn't play it :( IT was supposed to be right after Julia... Makes me a sad panda, as I love that song.

I've got 320kbps MP3s of the whole night for anyone that wants them.

Hey sorry if i create the playlist! Thanks for your hard work! I will send you a pm!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby VectorBoy » 3/30/2012, 11:28 am

faninor wrote:Hey there. Also sent you a message on youtube but I was wondering what gear you used to tape the show?

I'd love the MP3s, or better yet WAV or FLAC (if it was recorded at that quality). Thanks!

It was recorded in 44/16 WAV, I've since cut the recordings up (as seen on my channel) with fades etc between songs in 320kbps mp3s.

I'll reply to your PM with the MP3 urls..

As for the gear, it was a Zoom H4n field mic that I use for short films etc that I work on, it has fantastic true-stereo mics that has manual gain control so the audio doesn't clip, and you can filter out a lot of background chatter / vibrations.. I basically had this thing sitting on one of the tables upstairs tucked away in my sweater as we watched... Made sure we were front and centre on the upper level... I was talking to a few people in line before the show (we were up front, 7th or so in line) about the jackson triggs concert (it's on my channel as well, check it out!) I captured two years ago.
VectorBoy

Postby JabsTinyMusic » 3/30/2012, 11:48 am

Does anyone like Angels/Losing/Sleep ? To me it just feels like they are playing it to include one song from each album. I've never been able to get into it.
JabsTinyMusic

Postby VectorBoy » 3/30/2012, 11:51 am

JabsTinyMusic wrote:Does anyone like Angels/Losing/Sleep ? To me it just feels like they are playing it to include one song from each album. I've never been able to get into it.

I do :puppyeyes:
VectorBoy

Postby senseofurgency » 3/30/2012, 11:53 am

JabsTinyMusic wrote:Does anyone like Angels/Losing/Sleep ? To me it just feels like they are playing it to include one song from each album. I've never been able to get into it.

probably one of my favourite olp singles :) .
senseofurgency

Postby VectorBoy » 3/30/2012, 11:56 am

I've got to say though, "As Fast as You Can" sounds like it will be a quick new favourite for me.. man it was catchy and awesome last night :)
VectorBoy

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/30/2012, 12:52 pm

Really dig that performance of Julia... also the intro on Find Our Way.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Furious George » 3/30/2012, 2:32 pm

senseofurgency wrote:

probably one of my favourite olp singles :) .

Definitely one of my favorite OLP singles. For me kinda the highlight of the last decade of hits and misses.
Furious George

Postby Furious George » 3/30/2012, 2:34 pm

Holy shit. That intro to Find Our Way. Letting Jer off his leash..
Furious George

Postby Furious George » 3/30/2012, 2:53 pm

Has it struck it anyone that Raine sounds A LOT better than he has in a long time? This and the New Years show..
Think he's been getting some vocal coaching or something..

I do agree with JohnPeterson on OMA though. He's really never sung that song well.

/end board spam.
Furious George

Postby DG » 3/30/2012, 3:10 pm

The complaining about OMA live is getting tired. At first I cared, then I got over it. It's sick as hell live still. He just changed up how he sings it live.

But shit. That's how "Find Our Way" should have been recorded. Incredible.

It's also nice to hear IAH full again.
DG

Postby xjsb125 » 3/31/2012, 8:15 am

I'm tired. The extended intro to Find Our Way is amazing. They just came up with it the day before the show in rehearsals. I have video of Julia from down front that I'll put up after I get back from Toronto next week. I also had a chance to catch up with Robin after the show was over and get some info on her background, which I'll post to her bio later. Yes, no Starseed. I think its the first show I've ever been to where it wasn't played.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby wshurme » 3/31/2012, 8:18 am

The concert was amazing. The crowd was kinda lame. Me and my girlfriend were in a booth and we stood up dancing the whole time. On the floor the crowd only seemed to get into it when Raine made them. I hope other cities are more energetic.
wshurme

Postby paintedbynumbers » 3/31/2012, 9:40 am

when you have scalpers buying the majority of the tickets and selling them to god knows who you are likely to get a less lively crowd. Many of the younger people who would have enjoyed the show couldn't because they didn't have the $100 plus. I ended up getting a ticket to the Buffalo show but paid $75 for it
paintedbynumbers

PreviousNext