ClumsyMonkey.net

Club Infinity: Buffalo - April 6

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Re: Club Infinity: Buffalo - April 6

Postby katshimmers » 4/1/2012, 3:50 pm

Well if anyone else hears of a ticket that comes available in the next week, let me know. Not sure I want to risk a scalper at the venue but might be the last option :/

Thanks all!
katshimmers

Postby skram » 4/3/2012, 6:27 pm

Infinity show tix on sale on a site that rhymes with "Scregzpist" by ticket brokers.
"schlub frub" looks empty. There was 50+ tix there yesterday. None today.
An order today with express delivery would get it to you hopefully by Thursday.

Your call.
skram

Postby katshimmers » 4/3/2012, 8:20 pm

Pretty sure I'm going to have to wing it on the night! At the very least, it means I'll see Buffalo and go to the meet and greet, which suits me just fine.
katshimmers

Postby skram » 4/4/2012, 1:54 pm

Found this on Smreg-zist:

"I have 4 tickets to THIS Friday's (April 6, 2012) Our Lady Peace show at Club Infinity. This show is SOLD OUT. All tickets are General Admission. Willing to sell 2 together or all 4. Tickets sold at $75 each. This is going to be an amazing show. Their new album just came out in Canada yesterday! I am in Niagara Falls and Amherst and willing to meet up somewhere to sell the tickets.

Text: 716 417 2011 if interested. "
skram

Postby katshimmers » 4/4/2012, 8:42 pm

Thanks skram, but I don't need two tickets. Its fine, thanks for your help, but I'll figure it out.

Cheers
katshimmers

Postby KarenLE67 » 4/5/2012, 5:15 pm

Just wanted to note the ticket I had is now sold. Glad for the purchaser, not so glad to have had to let it go :( Oh, well, next tour!
KarenLE67

Postby myownsatellite » 4/5/2012, 8:16 pm

So did any of you slackers figure out if we're doing dinner before the show? I'm going to bed and probably won't be online in the morning, so whoever has my number (TOM) text me!!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby skram » 4/5/2012, 9:05 pm

KarenLE67 wrote:Just wanted to note the ticket I had is now sold. Glad for the purchaser, not so glad to have had to let it go :( Oh, well, next tour!

I am glad for the purchaser too!!!
It will go to good use.
See you at the next show.

Thanks!
skram

Postby skram » 4/5/2012, 9:10 pm

myownsatellite wrote:So did any of you slackers figure out if we're doing dinner before the show? I'm going to bed and probably won't be online in the morning, so whoever has my number (TOM) text me!!

It will be a tight night at surrounding bars/ restaurants - Good Friday in Buffalo - everybody and their uncle will be out eating fish frys!

Brennan's (by the Tully's) in the plaza adjacent to Club Infinfity is a long-time haunt.

Buffalo Brew Pub down the street is another good meeting place.

Have fun.
See you all there.
skram

Postby twiqz » 4/5/2012, 11:43 pm

I........

Wish I was :(

twiqz

Postby neoncrossing » 4/6/2012, 11:43 pm

Im back from the show in Buffalo. Here is the setlist.

Allowance
Fire In The Hen House
Innocent
One Man Army
Superman's Dead
All My Friends
Somewhere Out There
Is Anybody Home?
Julia (Acoustic)
Thief (Acoustic)
Find Our Way
Rabbits
Clumsy
Heavyweight (with Naveed during the bridge)

Encore 1:
As Fast As You Can
Paper Moon
Starseed

Encore2:
4am

Thief was not part of the setlist...after they played Julia, Robin came back on stage and Raine sent her back off stage and told steve to play thief....pretty awesome
I stuck around and spoke to Raine and Steve after and we told them the debut of Rabbits was awesome....they thought it sounded great too...Also I asked Steve which old songs they were getting ready to play live and he said.....BLISTER....thats so cool
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby johnpeterson » 4/7/2012, 12:05 am

I was reading right to the end a bit disappointed and then BOOM blister.

epic
johnpeterson

Postby OLPManiac » 4/7/2012, 4:10 am

Shit! I want to see and hear Rabbits live! I wish that someone made a video!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby myownsatellite » 4/7/2012, 7:07 pm

I know Tom was recording audio, and a lot of people were taking pictures. Not sure if there's video of Rabbit but there should a least be audio soon.

A bit disappointed they didn't play Blister - it was on the original set list before the show started, and they changed the set list just before they went on I guess because it wasn't on the ones that were handed out at the end.

I'll be honest, I got seriously emotional during the acoustic version of Thief. And Paper Moon was a very welcome surprise. I didn't like the newer songs as much as I liked the older ones, but I'm sure as I they get used to playing them the crowd will get more into them. I think the most energetic song of the night was probably Starseed.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby katshimmers » 4/7/2012, 7:34 pm

Great show, its the first time in a long while I've been right on the barrier for a band, but at the same time we had so much space so it was awesome. I was on the right hand side, right in front of Duncan. I'm usually a fan of the bass so this suited me perfect. Club Infinity was kinda strange, great venue for sound - don't get me wrong, but the initial entry way is a bit shit!

Was wonderful to hear Thief, as well as Julia so differently. My favourite was probably 4am, but out of the new stuff I really liked As Fast As You Can. Thank you lads - it was a great gig.
Rich - super sorry (still) about missing out on the beer purchasing. Good to see you though!

Just wanted to say, it was great meeting Bree, Megan and her husband Chris, Holly and her husband Jon and Lindsay! You guys were great to hang out with ~ thanks for letting me tag along.

Big huge enormous cheers to Tom for picking me up and dropping me off at the bus station - there are no words to express the thanks! I realised today that I totally forgot to offer money for gas! I'm so sorry - I'm such a rude person! Thank you again, it was awesome to meet you and hang out and answer all your "American Australian" questions.

Churz!

Kat
katshimmers

Postby Locobone » 4/10/2012, 3:35 pm

You're very welcome. It was nice meeting you and I'm glad it all worked out and you had a good time. And no worries about gas money...Australians ride for free (although I wouldn't turn down a beer from you next time we meet!).

katshimmers wrote:Great show, its the first time in a long while I've been right on the barrier for a band, but at the same time we had so much space so it was awesome. I was on the right hand side, right in front of Duncan. I'm usually a fan of the bass so this suited me perfect. Club Infinity was kinda strange, great venue for sound - don't get me wrong, but the initial entry way is a bit shit!

Was wonderful to hear Thief, as well as Julia so differently. My favourite was probably 4am, but out of the new stuff I really liked As Fast As You Can. Thank you lads - it was a great gig.
Rich - super sorry (still) about missing out on the beer purchasing. Good to see you though!

Just wanted to say, it was great meeting Bree, Megan and her husband Chris, Holly and her husband Jon and Lindsay! You guys were great to hang out with ~ thanks for letting me tag along.

Big huge enormous cheers to Tom for picking me up and dropping me off at the bus station - there are no words to express the thanks! I realised today that I totally forgot to offer money for gas! I'm so sorry - I'm such a rude person! Thank you again, it was awesome to meet you and hang out and answer all your "American Australian" questions.

Churz!

Kat
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Locobone » 4/10/2012, 3:37 pm

Locobone

Postby myownsatellite » 4/10/2012, 6:33 pm

Kat, it was so nice to meet you! You're totally awesome :) Chris is pretty shy, but he said he enjoyed meeting you too!

Nice to see you weren't picked up by truckers and left in pieces on the side of the road while waiting for your 3am bus ;)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby katshimmers » 4/10/2012, 7:16 pm

Locobone wrote:You're very welcome. It was nice meeting you and I'm glad it all worked out and you had a good time. And no worries about gas money...Australians ride for free (although I wouldn't turn down a beer from you next time we meet!).

Beer for sure! haha thats you and Rich I owe now! :)
katshimmers

Postby katshimmers » 4/10/2012, 7:17 pm

myownsatellite wrote:Kat, it was so nice to meet you! You're totally awesome :) Chris is pretty shy, but he said he enjoyed meeting you too!

Nice to see you weren't picked up by truckers and left in pieces on the side of the road while waiting for your 3am bus ;)

Bless ya both! HAHA! don't think i've ever been called totally awesome - so thank you very much!

Yeah... thank the stars for that... although travelling with a trucker might have been more fun than the bus!! maybe next time.... LOL!
katshimmers

PreviousNext