ClumsyMonkey.net

Edmonton Shows

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby faninor » 4/26/2010, 5:37 pm

Your numbers there are a little off, it's about $120 for tickets to 2 nights, so $60 for a ticket to one. Both nights VIP would be $398.

Not arguing whether or not it is worth it.... clearly they sold quite a few so it is worth it for those who bought the ticket, and not worth it to those who didn't.

Personally I don't decorate with posters, nor do I want to stack them up in the back of my closet where they can slowly rot, and I don't mind if I do or don't meet bands as long as I get to enjoy them playing. So I'd rather pay regular ticket prices, buy the book if it looks interesting to me, and save the extra money for something else.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/26/2010, 5:54 pm

If I hadn't met them a million times and/or had only seen shows in one city for this tour, I'd have done the VIP. I actually wish I would've, the group shots are quite nice and I want one.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby twiqz » 4/26/2010, 7:46 pm

VIP was definetly worth the price, such a great experience, ide pay again if it were offered somewhere nearby

It was great to get a group shot with the band...just sucks mine came out a little dark...You can barely see any of our eyes...Damn massey, wish they would have had better lighting! :D

twiqz

Postby xjsb125 » 4/26/2010, 7:48 pm

The VIP group shot is the ONLY one I've ever got with all the guys. The closest I ever got was in Vancouver, where Steve and Joel were missing in the shot.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/26/2010, 8:22 pm

I guess I can't complain because I do have a group shot... but if they had decided to add more American dates I would get a VIP ticket for one of the shows just to get a better one and a closer seat for the first set.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Johnny » 4/26/2010, 8:53 pm

So what can I expect as a VIP? Do I get to poke the non-vip'ers with a pointy stick?
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby xjsb125 » 4/26/2010, 9:00 pm

Yes.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Johnny » 4/26/2010, 11:52 pm

Shit yeah!
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Carson79 » 4/27/2010, 7:15 am

Pretty sure that makes the VIP prices worth it for you Johnny.
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/27/2010, 4:05 pm

faninor wrote:Your numbers there are a little off, it's about $120 for tickets to 2 nights, so $60 for a ticket to one. Both nights VIP would be $398.

Not arguing whether or not it is worth it.... clearly they sold quite a few so it is worth it for those who bought the ticket, and not worth it to those who didn't.

Personally I don't decorate with posters, nor do I want to stack them up in the back of my closet where they can slowly rot, and I don't mind if I do or don't meet bands as long as I get to enjoy them playing. So I'd rather pay regular ticket prices, buy the book if it looks interesting to me, and save the extra money for something else.

I said between $120-$130. I do not remember the exact amount it cost with shipping and fees. I know it was $60 something for a ticket.

Honestly thought the book is not nothing we have not seen before.. I only got it cause of the novelty of it all. It was bit pricey for me. The only reason I got those posters is cause the way they are suppose to be like the old concert bills of the 60's/70's. I do not buy posters either. I actually am looking for frames for them. To me it is more ART then a poster. I would not buy the other one. But that is me.

For people like us it might not be worth paying that much cause it not nothing we have not had before. Esp me. It would be selfish for me to buy one of those tickets when clearly there are other fans out there who have not been as lucky as I have..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby katshimmers » 4/27/2010, 4:35 pm

well, i couldn't buy normal tickets because they were sold out, and in the end, i figured, i'm probably never going to get to see the band again (unless I move to Canada or the US), so spend the money, get an experience and a photo or two :)
I'm just glad to get the opportunity to say - thank you for the music and the joy over the years.
katshimmers

Postby faninor » 4/27/2010, 4:43 pm

Yeah -- they are nice posters, but I'm not interested for myself. I already have a few OLP-related pieces of art that I bought from Oli Goldsmith in 2006 (a large framed original collage/paint/chalk piece, a small framed print of an early prototype potential album cover, and a 12"x12" framed print of the final cover). If I had any more I wouldn't have somewhere to put them. Actually I do have more miscellaneous prints from Oli that are just in a stack in my closet that I want to sell.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/27/2010, 4:46 pm

katshimmers wrote:well, i couldn't buy normal tickets because they were sold out, and in the end, i figured, i'm probably never going to get to see the band again (unless I move to Canada or the US), so spend the money, get an experience and a photo or two :)
I'm just glad to get the opportunity to say - thank you for the music and the joy over the years.

For you it is worth it. If I never saw the band or met them I do it for SM nigh cause I could only afford one show..

OLP is rather inexpensive compared to other Rock SHows. Green Day and Muse are the only other acts I saw recently who's tickets were $50 a piece.

Aee Bree what is wrong with the infamous RXP session photos. Beside the fact Raine looks exhausted and rather be anywhere but there.. Then again the drive from T.O to NYC. The show in NYC, The morning show with RXP, The interview/performance with Cane and the sessions all in 24 hour period. I be that way also. :nod:

Taken Ottawa SOundcheck May 2006. I have this in a frame on my dresser.

It took me a year to get this shot..Not easy having them all in the same place at once when they finish a soundcheck. Funny thing is I asked the band and they said yes, then anyone who wanted a photo witht hem got it.. :nod:

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby DG » 4/27/2010, 5:37 pm

faninor wrote:I do have more miscellaneous prints from Oli that are just in a stack in my closet that I want to sell.

If you got some pictures I may be interested.
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/27/2010, 6:07 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:
Aee Bree what is wrong with the infamous RXP session photos. Beside the fact Raine looks exhausted and rather be anywhere but there.. Then again the drive from T.O to NYC. The show in NYC, The morning show with RXP, The interview/performance with Cane and the sessions all in 24 hour period. I be that way also. :nod:

Yeah, he looks like a cardboard cutout of Raine. I don't think he moved more than an inch because he looks the same in all three of our pics. haa haa. Also they were leaving for Edmonton that day. I'm sure he was pretty exhausted.

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Locobone » 4/27/2010, 8:04 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:
Tattooed Angels wrote:

Yeah, he looks like a cardboard cutout of Raine. I don't think he moved more than an inch because he looks the same in all three of our pics. haa haa. Also they were leaving for Edmonton that day. I'm sure he was pretty exhausted.

I don't want to hear about poor Raine...how about poor Tom? Raine didn't get 3 hours sleep then have to drive from TO to NYC, crash on the floor of a shady Knights Inn somewhere in Jersey only to awake at the crack of dawn to frantically navigate the subway system, then drive 8 hours back home. I looked fresh as a daisy (or as close as this mug can get to a fresh-looking daisy) in my pic.
Locobone

Postby twiqz » 4/30/2010, 9:38 am

Locobone wrote:
I don't want to hear about poor Raine...how about poor Tom? Raine didn't get 3 hours sleep then have to drive from TO to NYC, crash on the floor of a shady Knights Inn somewhere in Jersey only to awake at the crack of dawn to frantically navigate the subway system, then drive 8 hours back home. I looked fresh as a daisy (or as close as this mug can get to a fresh-looking daisy) in my pic.

:lol:

twiqz

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/30/2010, 4:18 pm

Locobone wrote:I don't want to hear about poor Raine...how about poor Tom? Raine didn't get 3 hours sleep then have to drive from TO to NYC, crash on the floor of a shady Knights Inn somewhere in Jersey only to awake at the crack of dawn to frantically navigate the subway system, then drive 8 hours back home. I looked fresh as a daisy (or as close as this mug can get to a fresh-looking daisy) in my pic.

That was by choice though.Besides you are not some pampered Musican.. YOu could of asked me about the subway system.. I tis my job. I should know it by now. :lol:

I can not believe you guys did that. I have done crazy things to see OLP.. Traveled all night, more then half a day by bus, train to get to a show. The things we do as fans.

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby katshimmers » 4/30/2010, 4:32 pm

6 sleeps (in australian time)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:
katshimmers

Postby Trustworthy » 5/3/2010, 1:47 pm

who the hell is a pampered musician??? if you know of one on this tour let me know who it is so i can hang out with them more :)
Trustworthy

PreviousNext