ClumsyMonkey.net

2010.03.09 & 2010.03.10 @ Olympia in Montreal

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby Heavy Alibi » 3/9/2010, 11:07 pm

Did the set diverge any from Halifax? the second set?
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby PeaceEleven » 3/9/2010, 11:11 pm

if my is remembering serves me well:

Monkey Brains
Innocent
One Man Army
In Repair
Is Anybody Home
Somewhere Out There
Life
All You Did
Paper Moon
Escape Artist
Are You Sad
Naveed/Kids
Starseed
PeaceEleven

Postby Heavy Alibi » 3/9/2010, 11:15 pm

Exactly the same. I'm curious to see what they do on SM night. By the way, will you be bringing a camera tomorrow? It'd be great if you could tape some SM songs.
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Dick_Baxter » 3/9/2010, 11:18 pm

I'm in agreement with Peaceeleven, it was amazing, it was worth the twelve hour train ride to hear that performance of clumsy. Again, those falsettos were amazing, I can't believe he was hitting them! Especially on Story of 100 Aisles (one of my favorites) and that end of Car Crash, he held it so long, it was INSANE!!!!

Second set was much more fun and free spirited and definitely split the concert up.

Here is the second set:
Monkey brains
Innocent
In repair
One man army
Life
Paper moon
Escape artist
Is Anybody Home?
Somewhere out there
All you did was save my life - in the crowd

Are you sad?
Naveed - not sure what the other song in there was
Starseed

Was a little disappointed to see the SM songs in there since i'll be going to that show tomorrow night, would have liked to see some more Happiness, Naveed or Gravity songs. This set pretty much mimicked their summer tour in the states so it wasn't that different - don't get me wrong I was rocking out but would have been nice to see Potato Girl, Thief, All For you? Maybe Julie or Supersatellite?

Anyways it was awesome. The VIP Packcage was incredible, afterwards they let groups of 12 in to meet OLP. Steve was awesome very excited and eager to meet everyone, Jeremy was very fun, I didn't get to talk to Duncan that much but I will make up for that tomorrow! Raine was so awesome and sincere! They really care about the fans. The tour book is awesome, and the two miniature posters are very cool. Be forewarned, it's a pain in the a$$ to get them opened especially if you want them to sign something from the package. Duncan handed me an electrical plug to break through the tape on the package LOL!

At the end of the second set when they were playing Naveed, a girl walked up to the front and tried to blend in with the people in front, eventually security saw her and took her out, Raine saw this and told them to bring her back, he ended up pulling her on stage and she was up there the entire song. It was awesome!

Cannot wait for spiritual machines tomorrow, Raine said it was going to be a much different show tomorrow night, I can't wait until tomorrow, i'm very saddened and upset, I want to ride this high forever but i'm enjoying the moment!

Good night all and will post more tomorrow! Peaceeleven I will see you tomorrow, i'll be in the blue and white striped shirt!!!!!
Dick_Baxter

Postby PeaceEleven » 3/9/2010, 11:23 pm

See you tomorrow, I'll have the white (olP) tree shirt and I am sitting in BB as well, the exact place is even picture in that thread :) I've sent you my number as well!!!! what a concert that was :)
PeaceEleven

Postby Olp_waited » 3/10/2010, 12:06 am

Yea I am agreeing with everyone else...wow!!!! Loved how Raine went to the back. Raine said that they were more relaxed going into the second set, so obviously they are trying to make this show awesome for us. I'm in E tomorrow and I got an extra ticket out of the deal :)
Olp_waited

Postby PeaceEleven » 3/11/2010, 1:44 pm

second night, same set except he replaced the sm songs for clumsy, 4am and superman. And he added angels losing sleep.
PeaceEleven

Postby faninor » 3/11/2010, 2:33 pm

Aww! They should add Thief and some more from Burn Burn that they didn't play last year. And something from Naveed that hasn't been played much.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby RileyLewis » 3/11/2010, 3:10 pm

They should throw in Denied, since they loved playing it so much on the American tour!

And I agree, Thief would be nice. To be honest, I don't expect them to pull out too many deep songs other than the full clumsy and sm sets. And that's ok! I would like a little changeup though, from night to night.

But hey, it's hard to complain, seeing what we're already getting!
RileyLewis

Postby PeaceEleven » 3/11/2010, 3:25 pm

2x in a row, (almost) same set....mmmm...
PeaceEleven

Postby RileyLewis » 3/11/2010, 3:27 pm

Give them some time, though.

Lots of people complained about Matt Good's last tour in the beginning. His first 3 or 4 shows had the same songs, basically. But by halfway, he was changing 25% per night, at least.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 3/12/2010, 1:49 pm

That sucks you got busted taping, but I'm glad you got your tape back. Everyone has to keep in mind, that it isn't necessarily ok if the band doesn't mind you taping. They've always been ok with it, so long as you aren't blatantly obvious about it. The big issue is the agreements they are entered into with the venues, and concert promoters. For example, in Johnson City I knew the promoter, and he owned the venue, and the band was ok with it, so no problem. 4 years ago at Edgefest, the band was still ok with taping, but security and the promoters sure weren't and I had to give up a video. The best thing I can tell you all is, if you get busted, be as polite as possible, and comply as much as you can.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby RileyLewis » 3/12/2010, 2:47 pm

Even if the rules say you are videoing, concert venues don't actually have the right to confiscate your property. Only police do, and only then if you're charged with anything. And even the police are not allowed to delete any videos you have (or pictures). Now, if you refused to hand over your camera they can kick you out for trespassing. But under no circumstances can the police or any private security in Canada or the United States delete your pictures or videos.
RileyLewis

Postby faninor » 3/12/2010, 3:18 pm

RileyLewis wrote:Even if the rules say you are videoing, concert venues don't actually have the right to confiscate your property. Only police do, and only then if you're charged with anything. And even the police are not allowed to delete any videos you have (or pictures). Now, if you refused to hand over your camera they can kick you out for trespassing. But under no circumstances can the police or any private security in Canada or the United States delete your pictures or videos.

But the ownership of pictures and videos that you take at a concert is probably defined in a contract and most likely you're not the sole owner of that intellectual property.

True, the venue and private security don't have the right to take or destroy your property. If the police are involved you better do what the police ask of you -- otherwise they will charge you with something.

But about the venue -- they cannot steal your camera. But they can absolutely ask you to check it with them and pick it up after the show, or kick you out. And most likely in the fine print they are also probably not responsible for damage, loss, or theft while they are so kindly holding your belongings... and they could also make a trade with you -- trade you your camera (permanently) for permission to stay for the rest of the show. But it also may be within their rights to eject you from the show for any other reason after making this trade.... basically you're screwed.

Whenever you buy a concert ticket, you are entering into a contract too. Here is part of Ticketmaster's, for example:

Recording, Transmission and Exhibition
You agree not to record or transmit, or aid in recording or transmitting, any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event. You agree that the event for which you purchase tickets is a public event, that your appearance and actions inside and outside the venue where the event occurs are public in nature, and that you have no expectation of privacy with regard to your actions or conduct at the event. You grant permission to Ticketmaster and the Event Provider(s) to utilize your name, image, likeness, acts, poses, plays, appearance, movements, and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the event (regardless of whether before, during or after play or performance) for any purpose, in any manner, in any medium or context now known or hereafter developed, without further authorization from, or compensation to, you or anyone acting on your behalf.

You Are Subject to Search
You and your belongings may be searched on entry to the event. You consent to such searches and waive any related claims that may arise. If you elect not to consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the event without refund or other compensation. Under certain facility rules, certain items may not be brought into the premises, including without limitation, alcohol, drugs, controlled substances, cameras, recording devices, bundles and containers.

The absolute best thing you can do, like Matt said, is do what they ask you to as much as possible and try not to make matters worse.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Olp_waited » 3/12/2010, 9:52 pm

Yea I was being kind to them. I'm not the type of person to get into fights and start swearing. I resort to crying lol. Actually I think that is part of the reason I got to keep it. All of the security guys were telling me not to cry and enjoy the rest of the show. When they realized I wasn't the got the boss and then he told me not to cry and got Scott. Scott was being a tough ass at first, and then talking to him and crying, he softened up. He also told me not to cry and then let me go. I just don't see what the big deal is, especially if the venue wasn't selling their own recordings. Considering how much these guys want the fans to be happy and want their stuff out in the public, you would think their decisions take precedence over the venues. Especially considering most of their shows are already sold out. And nobody would rather watch a youtube video then check out the real deal. Like someone said before it's just making them more excited to see the shows.
Olp_waited

Previous